Lawyers for Fox News

popcorn said:
http://www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/10122000hunterafidavittowood.htm

Th affidavit from 2000 was produced under false pretenses. Alex Hunter had information from the Ramseys stating Burke was asleep. It wasn't until 2001 they admitted this was incorrect. Hunter used all the information as a foundation to make that document. Weither the Ramseys knowingly or unknowingly knew Burke was awake, the truthfullness of every statement made by the parents comes up for review. It doesn't even matter if Butke testified to GJ he was awake. In a nutshell, the witnesses who's information was relied on for the affidavit have changed their story. That renders Hunter's decision null and void. In the same token, as the open case investigation progresses to include new documents, interviews, and lab evidence the affidavit is open to rebuttal.

IMO

Excellent Popcorn! Of course, there are those who will continue to be blinded by the mere idea that Burke is a viable suspect in this case. He is officially a witness and now that it is out in the open that the documents were written under false pretenses, we can only wonder if he was only "pretending" to be asleep around 12 or 1 a.m. that morning.

That family has excellent pretending skills!

Not to mention you can be a witness and suspect both, it is not an exclusionary term. As a matter of fact to demonstrate the opposite, how can you be a suspect unless you are first believed to be a witness?

popcorn, Hunter had the information from Burke's interviews before the parents had the information.

BPD knew what Burke said about being pretending to be asleep when his parents, and then a police officer, looked into his room as soon as he said it, because it was the BPD he told that to. His parents didn't know until after the grand jury concluded.

Hunter's affidavit is a legal and decisive statement.

Bluecrab, you obviously have a unique way of interpreting Hunter's affadavit about Burke. An incorrectly unique way.

Burke has been cleared, and although he was legally considered--briefly--a suspect for the reason that he was in the house the night JonBenét died, there was never evidence to indicate he should be considered a serious suspect. There have been multiple law enforcement persons connected to the case to have said exactly that.

Outdated? Not at all.

Buffoon? No, written by the District Attorney of Boulder County at the time.

candy, I appreciate your keeping us updated on the process of Ramsey vs Fox News.

I look forward to following each step of the suit.

LovelyPigeon said:
Outdated? Not at all.

Really? And how would you know that Keenan's new investigator isn't targeting Burke as the #1 suspect? Got some inside info to share, LP? Or are you content posting the outdated stuff?...LOL

Burke had the ability and opportunity to commit the killing. He is one the the THREE prime suspects because of those facts.

Burke isn't a suspect on any LE scope.

Keenan has said publically that an intruder is more likely to have killed JonBenét than the Ramseys.

I expect that Det B e n n e t t is looking at the evidence with neutral eyes, but I do not expect that he sees any reason to suspect 9-year-old Burke as the intruder/killer/sexual attacker.

LovelyPigeon said:
Burke isn't a suspect on any LE scope.

So you do not believe a boy about to turn 10 years old can split the skull of a 6-years old girl with a baseball bat, huh?

Well, ANY LE agency who can correctly figure that one out has Burke on their Top-3 suspect list.

That's the facts, mam. Just because you underestimate the physical ability of a 10 year old boy doesn't remove him from any competent suspect list.

You're #2 on my list now, LovelyPigeon. After I stop at BrotherMoon's house with a 10 year old, a baseball bat, and a wagon load of bricks to bust, I'm heading over to YOUR house for a demonstration.

LovelyPigeon said:
Burke has been cleared,

Burke has not been cleared. Please provide an authoritative source in Boulder that states Burke has been cleared. You can't.

Hunter's fraudulent affidavit doesn't say he's cleared. Why don't you e-mail Beckner A/O Keenan and have them state publicly that Burke is cleared. Even though John Andrew and Melinda were publicly cleared, and the word "cleared" was used, I guarantee you they won't say Burke is cleared.

JMO

I don't need to email anyone to find out if Burke is cleared.

Burke isn't a suspect to any LE involved in this case. And you can't find a quote to justify claiming that he is.

Hunter cleared Burke, not just with the affidavit, but with statements, which I've quoted before. No one, not even Smit & Thomas who dissented on so much, involved with this case suspects Burke.

There is simply no reason to suspect him, and therefore he is not suspect. Period.

LovelyPigeon said:
No one, not even Smit & Thomas who dissented on so much, involved with this case suspects Burke.
I can't speak for Smit. Face it the guy is a looney-tune who thinks the parents couldn't have done it because they prayed with him. But Thomas is a different story.

Thomas has two problems when it comes to Burke. First, he says outright that he is not a "conspiracy theorist". As far as Thomas is concerned, two people make a conspiracy - so if Burke caused JonBenet's death and Patsy covered up for him, that would be a conspiracy and impossible in his mind.

Secondly, Thomas has said Burke couldn't have done it because he didn't have the "wherewithal" to do the entire crime--from killing to staging to note writing. Without a conspiracy, Burke must have done EVERYTHING in Thomas' mind, and that again is impossible.

Thomas shows us in both cases that he has a one-track mind which lacks the imagination required to invision all the possibilities in this case when it comes to Burke.

LovelyPigeon said:
There is simply no reason to suspect him, and therefore he is not suspect. Period.
You play games with yourself, LovelyPigeon. Consider this:
After recess, one of the girls from a third grade class is missing. Her body is found around the corner of the building next to the playground. Her skull has been bashed in with a hard object. A baseball bat is laying nearby.
During recess, the girls were playing jump-rope and the boys were playing baseball.

Could one of the boys have killed her as the students were returning into the building from recess?

Lou Smit is a well-respected detective of excellent reputation and a wonderful ability to solve homicides he was assigned to.

Steve Thomas has been asked, and answered, about Burke Ramsey on several public occasions. One of those was in a live chat for GMA:

http://abcnews.go.com/onair/GoodMorningAmerica/000413_stevethomas_chat.html

Moderator at 12:09pm ET
Marilena Diogo writes: "What evidence led you to dismiss the possibility that Burke may have struck his sister without an intent to kill her?"
Steve Thomas at 12:10pm ET
Beyond what we can fairly address in an online chat, there was just no credible evidence whatsoever that Burke was capable or involved in any aspect of this, from writing the ransom note to staging a crime

As for conspiracies, ST believed that PR and JR were involved in a conspiracy when he said:
"The other scenario is that little girl was killed by a family member whom I believe to be her panicked mother, Patsy Ramsey, and that her father John Ramsey opted to protect his wife in the investigation that followed." -also at the GMA url given above

There is no law enforcement involved in the Ramsey case who has any reason to believe that Burke was involved in any way in his sister's murder.

LovelyPigeon said:
I don't need to email anyone to find out if Burke is cleared.

Why? Did YOU clear Burke? You must have because no one of authority in Boulder has cleared him.

You won't e-mail Beckner or Keenan because you know they won't give you a straight answer -- if they give you an answer at all. Why won't they respond and simply say Burke has been cleared? They can't. They can't because Burke has NOT been cleared.

Lin Wood was unsuccessful in getting any person of authority in Boulder to say Burke has been cleared, and so will you be unsuccessful. And please forget about using the term "not a suspect" as a substitute term for cleared. Wood and Hunter muddled that "suspect" term to death in the affidavit trying to make it appear Burke was cleared, but without being able to use the word "cleared".

JMO

LovelyPigeon said:
There is no law enforcement involved in the Ramsey case who has any reason to believe that Burke was involved in any way in his sister's murder.

Of course there isn't, LovelyPigeon! Because as the Ramseys are so quick to point out, all the law enforcement in Boulder is a collection of morons and idiots. So how could people with such low mental abilities POSSIBLY properly consider Burke as the suspect he is?!

Any other COMPETENT law enforcenment agency in the country is going to consider Burke one of the three prime suspects.

P.S. LovelyPigeon, you didn't comment on the "school yard" scenerio. What's the matter, can't do it without proving Burke is a valid suspect? :bang:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back