LDS Theories -- Relations to LeBarons/Chenoweths

The following is an alternate version of the Lebaron video Magnum P.E. posted:

Sons and Daughters--Ross Lebaron and the Pure Seed Doctrine--Reported by Mike Watkiss - YouTube

At 0:59 we can see that the women in the family are tall and have unusual long hands and fingers.
At 4:26 the face of Diana LeBaron is clearly visible. In my opinion she could be related to LEK.

Thanks ALad,
I think the body shape and posture of Diana LeBaron in the group picture resembles the later pix of FLEK. Since these wives often come from other similar groups, does anyone know her origin? Once again, no evidence of a connection at all, but one grasps at straws if that is all one has to grasp at.

I thought this would have been quickly solved once her image got out but to my knowledge no one has come forward to say they knew her. Bear in mind that LE has no obligation to tell us if her identity is now known.

As far as Flds,
I think this girl resembles young FLEK features

http://www.gosanangelo.com/photos/2011/aug/20/50349/

I'm not really seeing a resemblance between Naomie Jessop and the lady who died in Texas, but maybe that is just me. Naomie's dad is Merrill Jessop and his ex-wife, Carolyn, wrote about the family in her autobiographical book Escape. He has really a lot of kids with many wives in the 1980s when the book took place (he was married to 6 women in Escape and probably is married to more now if he is still alive), so I guess that is always a possibility. She looks more like some of the LeBaron women (IMO).

12-1-Rena-Chynoweth.jpg

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/ervil_lebaron_cult/12.html

The picture is of Rena Chynoweth, Ervil's final wife. Put your hands over her eyes and look at her smile, reminds me of LEK. Ya'll should go back and read that whole story on Ervil. The picture of the different Chynoweth's in the story look more like LEK than the LeBarons IMO but I could easily see out of the 100's of people between these rivals, how she could be part of one of the families. Her interest in geneology and her height especially make me think of these families. Plus her being very "religious," how she isolated herself. Also, her being mentally unstable, anyone coming from a background like this would be.

14-3-Duane-Chynoweth.jpg

14-2-Mark-Chynoweth.jpg

But June 27, 1988 was the single bloodiest day in the cult's history. Ervil had raged for 15 long paragraphs in New Covenants against Mark Chynoweth, Duane Chynoweth and Ed Marston, demanding they be slain as traitors. At 4 o'clock that afternoon in simultaneous murders hundreds of miles apart, his wishes were carried out.

Would someone mind doing a side by side of the Chynoweth guys, Rena & LEK?

Would someone mind doing a side by side of the Chynoweth guys, Rena & LEK?[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• LEKCollage.JPG
    LEKCollage.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 152
My initial thought is the top left=Rena and bottom left=LEK mouth's/lips are smak on.
Perhaps if so.... LEK got her nose bent out of shape somewhere along the line. The upper bridge of nose on Rena looks a tad thicker, but could be the photo.

I think LEK has beautiful eyes and if so.... Rena does too in middle photo.

Quote from the link:
Rena: Child Bride

In the midst of his murderous rampage, Ervil received a revelation to take another wife, and married Rena Chynoweth - his 13th and last wife - in February 1975.

On May 10, 1977, Rena and another young woman, Ramona Marston, walked into Rulon's homeopathic clinic on the outskirts of Salt Lake City wearing cheap wigs and fake glasses. Rena spotted Rulon as he stepped from a back room and walked toward him. He nodded at her.

"He was exactly as he had been described to me," Rena would later write in her memoir. "Tall, slender, gray-haired - a nice, pleasant-looking man... He was no more than three to five feet from me. I knew the moment had come to do what I was sent there to do."

Without a word, Rena pulled a .25 caliber pistol from her jacket and fired, emptying all seven bullets into the old man's chest. He tried to deflect them with his hands before falling.

Rena was 16 yrs old in 1975
26 yrs old 1985
27 yrs old 1986
28 yrs old 1987
29 yrs old 1988*

The article is very interesting by the way Smiles...

Would someone mind doing a side by side of the Chynoweth guys, Rena & LEK?
[/QUOTE]

Thank you SideKick for the photos and video of Rena. See, I wasn't thinking that Rena would be LEK's mama, I was just thinking that LEK was "a Chynoweth, somewhere between all of these." I mean, Rena has the height in her own right, just like the Lebaron family. I was thinking maybe how Ervil's family member's killed these 2 Chynoweth guys, maybe LEK was related to them and after seeing them get killed in 1988, was scared to death and took off. Ahh, who knows? I sure hope we find out soon..driving me nuts..lol :)

Rena ends her book with a plea to her readers:

"These last remnants of Ervil LeBaron's flock are still a risk to the rest of society. They are the last ones who may still feel bound by his blood covenant that has claimed so many innocent lives. They have grown up around violence and violent teachings, and there is grave danger that they will pass these values on to their own children. I want the killing to stop. Only by finding those still out there and getting them the help they need can we stop the bloodshed. "

Could LEK be one of the people that fled from these crazy people? Was she one of Rena's kinfolk? I was looking at the video of Rena and how tall she is and she has the large hands too.

I went and reread one of my posts..I almost couldn't understand myself..sorry lol I know what I am thinking, just having a hard time conveying it. :)

Goodness, the hands of Rena as almost exactly as LEK's hands, uncanny. We may never know but I suspect she is from this family.

Goodness, the hands of Rena as almost exactly as LEK's hands, uncanny. We may never know but I suspect she is from this family.

Rena is still around tho probably in semi hiding. It would be great to get her contact info and email LEK'S photo and story!! I agree with the physical similarities and the premise of running from the group, seems to fit well.

Rena is still around tho probably in semi hiding. It would be great to get her contact info and email LEK'S photo and story!! I agree with the physical similarities and the premise of running from the group, seems to fit well.

I agree Sidekick, if LEK were a Lebaron or Chynoweth, seems like she would recognize her. I have no idea how to get a hold of her but maybe someone on here that is more knowledgeable will consider contacting her.

I think that better than contacting a Lebaron/Chenoweth would be to get in touch with Mike Watkiss. He is the reporter that did the research work and the videos about the poligamous LeBaron family. The YouTube videos posted in this thread are excerpts of his work. He must have extensive documentation about the Lebarons.
Mike Watkiss is an important reported from Phoenix. He has a twitter account.

( I am new here and I don't know if these contacts should be done only by moderators)
:tos:

I think that better than contacting a Lebaron/Chenoweth would be to get in touch with Mike Watkiss. He is the reporter that did the research work and the videos about the poligamous LeBaron family. The YouTube videos posted in this thread are excerpts of his work. He must have extensive documentation about the Lebarons.
Mike Watkiss is an important reported from Phoenix. He has a twitter account.

( I am new here and I don't know if these contacts should be done only by moderators)
:tos:

His email was at this site that gives his bio so I sent him and email with a link to here (specifically the thread with Claire's timelime and the Seattle Times link.) I just said that since he was familiar with the families, would he mind taking a look to see if she looked familiar. Trying not to get tunnelvision with the LDS angle but wouldn't be awesome if he knew who she was? I just emailed him this morning so hopefully he won't mind checking it out.

http://www.azfamily.com/on-tv/bios/60046022.html

I know one thing, Mr. Watkiss has had a fascinating life, his bio is amazing.

I am sure Watkiss has tons of video footage and pictures of the Lebaron family members. Let's hope he reads your email and takes an interest in LEKs case.

I am sure Watkiss has tons of video footage and pictures of the Lebaron family members. Let's hope he reads your email and takes an interest in LEKs case.

Yes, no reply yet but maybe soon. These are my reasons for not wanting to rule the whole LDS thing out yet -

*She loved geneology. (My former SIL is Mormon and geneology is so huge in LDS and the fundamentalist groups too )
*Her height, her large hands. (Rena Chynoweth is shaped just like her in height and she has the same larger hands. Plus, many of the people in this family were very tall. Look at that last video above at Rena)
*Many of these families were born and raised in Mexico. When Ervil Lebaron started ordering all these people to be killed, many fled in hiding, especially many of the children which many of them would have been about the age of LEK at that time. If she did flee to the US from Mexico, she wouldn't have citizenship here and she would need to steal an identity to start over here.

There has been a lot of discussion about her being a LeBaron. i just looked up Tarsa's photo. I don't see it. To me, this seems to be a different person.

Also, weren't the LeBarons Mormon? That's completely different in theology than Baptist which is the kind of church she was attending when she met her husband. A devout Mormon wouldn't consider Baptist the same thing.

I just started from the beginning of LDS thread again because it has me intrigued. One thing that I have learned from reading about Ervil & the Lebaron brothers and their families is that many of the people who fled this lifestyle converted to Christianity when they left these fundamentalist groups.

Irene Spencer (She was one of Verlan's wives, bore him 13 of his 58 children) from her Wiki- Irene Spencer now lives in Anchorage, Alaska with her monogamous husband of nineteen years, Hector Spencer. She became a Born again Christian at the urging of one of her sons and is now an outspoken critic of polygamy. She has published the book Shattered Dreams: My Life as a Polygamist's Wife and Cult Insanity: A Memoir of Polygamy, Prophets, and Blood Atonement to shed light on the realities of polygamy in modern America.

Also there is Susan Schmidt who was Verlan's 6th wife, married him at 15..yuck! Man, reading this stuff makes me so thankful for the family that I was brought up in.. Anyhow, Susan is now a Christian as well as all of her children. Here is a link about her..both of these 2 women wrote books about their lives in this cult..think I might have to order them. http://www.examiner.com/article/polygamy-murder-concoct-riveting-memoir-favorite-wife

But anyhow, I do think many left FLDS and LDS altogether. Susan also was complaining in another article about how it was the Mormon churches responsibility to financially help these women and children coming out of FLDS and polygamy. IMO since the Mormon church wouldn't help, many probably turned to the Christian community.

NOTE - To any Mormons on this site, I know there are thousands of wonderful people in your church, my brother even used to be Mormon. So, no disrespect in any of my comments. I am strictly talking about the FLDS and more specifically these crazy men from the Lebaron family.

I wish Susan Schmidt could come read about LEK and check out her pictures. I would love to see if she recognizes her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back