LE Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can guess what the headline is going to be tomorrow morning....

There are things we wish we didn't know....ugh...

That last part socked me in the gut. :(

Me too. I think Portland's going to lose any innocence it had left.
It's going to be disgusting, whatever it turns out to be.

Local news saying Desiree had no knowledge about this PC today as of this afternoon

No one did, that's what he was trying to explain.. the Trib picked up on "task force" in his aside comment at this morning's talk and he was not planning an announcement yet but his hand was forced. Probably every journo in town called him after seeing the Trib's online story.

Im starting to wonder if someone is involved that we would be shocked that was. MAN what a presser.

If this little boy is alive, what in the world has he endured since 6/4/2010?

East of PDX, has a fairly large private airport. Did I also hear Staton say Port of Portland Police are/will continue to be involved?

that's what I thought he said, because I didn't realize they were.

Troutdale? What immediately leapt to mind there is the airport out there. For a long time now I have had a sneaking suspicion that this case is going to somehow link back up to Portland's unfortunate position in the human trafficking/slavery trade. More about that here:

http://159.121.4.213/ohttft/

(IDK why it shows up as IP numbers, that's the website of the group Oregonians Against Trafficking Humans.)

IF he is alive...

It just makes me think of that old adage that some things are worse than death.

:( :( :( :( :(

that's what I thought he said, because I didn't realize they were.

Now that I think about it, it's not that odd that the Port police got involved; there were early searches all along the river, Kelly Point Park etc.. several properties that abut Port property (surprised the railroad's cops aren't in on it) but I confess, I wasn't expecting Troutdale, Fairview and all of East freakin' County to be involved too.

Oh my..

loves2bmom, hugs to you.. I understand how you felt in that moment.

Oh... one more comment on your post...

And what did he endure BEFORE June 4? And who all knew about it and did NOTHING?

Grrrrr. I could bite a railroad spike in half!

Rightfully so, IMO, Kimster. Just as he said, it's a child and they are taking it very personally. I like him very much and I truly believe all of them have invested their entire hearts and souls into finding Kyron and I believe that once this investigation is over and ready to be turned over to the DA it will be a slam dunk.

Look how emotionally invested we all are, and imagine how much worse it is for them. They know more and spend more time on it.

Remember the Green River Task Force? It was successful after years of arduous work to catch the perp. I was surprised that this example wasn't cited during the presser.

When they asked him about the "other cases" comment, He said not necessarily cases, but I believe he said "concerns", that the detectives have developed some concerns that will need to be addressed. One of which would be involving the portland police bureau. This press conference really is sounding like this thing is waaay bigger than I thought it was.

Look how emotionally invested we all are, and imagine how much worse it is for them. They know more and spend more time on it.
OH Gosh as a Officers wife ( not from same state) believe me cases like these and children take a giant part of the officers hearts..... They are human and emoctions no matter how much you don't want to let them show do show.

Oh... one more comment on your post...

And what did he endure BEFORE June 4? And who all knew about it and did NOTHING?

Grrrrr. I could bite a railroad spike in half!
Him and the baby girl.......... i'm just sick thinking about it :(

When they asked him about the "other cases" comment, He said not necessarily cases, but I believe he said "concerns", that the detectives have developed some concerns that will need to be addressed. One of which would be involving the portland police bureau. This press conference really is sounding like this thing is waaay bigger than I thought it was.

+1
Yes.

You know, before I joined WS I lurked in some of the forums here and saw how posters seemed to get overinvested in cases. Then this case happened. I totally get it now. I won't say that I love this little boy, because I never knew him..... but I totally get it now, how it's easy to become emotionally invested in a case when you follow it closely.

Imagine being the gumshoes out there on the ground, interviewing people, learning all kinds of nefarious, grotesque things that we probably can hardly imagine. I don't think that LE is always right--I don't think that they never make mistakes, but I DO think that they should be respected for what they must endure.

If we "care" about Kyron, can you imagine how these men and women feel as they have invested every waking day into this investigation since Day 1? I am almost afraid to hear what they've learned in the past 100 days.

I'm grateful to have you guys to share with about this case, even though I don't agree with everyone on everything about this case, I've no doubt that everyone in this forum wants the perp prosecuted to the fullest extent, and then some.

:grouphug:

But if it is way bigger, if they have stumbled onto drug or trafficking rings as a result of this investigation, they wouldn't be scaling down..we would see more agencies involved, I would think.

I wonder if part of the delay is that we have an undercover investigation going on right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann