LE wants to interview the parents separately

Yes, they do. There have been many innocent people convicted of crimes they didn't commit.

But shouldn't we concentrate on this case, and not couple it with any others? The facts of each case are different, IMO.

It is unfair to Baby Lisa not to concentrate on her case only here on her forum, IMO.

MOO

If Deborah was as drunk as she would like us to believe and had taken a sleeping pill at 10:30 pm, she would not have been a functioning person able to carry out the disappearance and clean-up after her baby went missing. LE would certainly have picked up on her slurred words, blood shot eyes, inability to put two thoughts together. A real kidnapping would have scared her so badly, that if she was passed out drunk and had a sleeping pill, Deborah would not have been able to give the story the first time in any sensible fashion, MOO. I have doubted the drunk story, thought it was working on an alibi/defense, now I realize there is no way she could have told anything close to a story the first go around. There would have been so many pulses, stops and restarts, LE would never have believed the first story. That is if LE did believe her to begin with, which we don't know.

To our knowledge there have been no searches or anything big since the SW. I discount the mysterious sightings. The lab work could be back any day now which might have answers. IIRC, the police will inform the person's attorney that they will be arresting the client in advace. Wonder if LE is trying to get DB & JI to the police station to interview them, hoping the lab results will come in while they are at the station and they can arrest them there? It would be much less traumatic for the boys.

I hadn't heard she took a sleeping pill? I know she took anti anxiety meds in the morning, I didn't know about a sleeping pill?

I shutter to think what a cop could do to my child behind closed doors and how my child might feel later down the road depending on the outcome of this interview. Remember the mcMartin pre-school scandal? Those kids were interviewed by supposed professionals and we all know what happened there. I just dont trust cops IMO it is in the cops interest to solve the case as fast as they can and the stats show the parents are most likely to be the culprits. I just dont see a benefit here for anyone other than LE.

God forbid but if you ever have a family member missing who are you going to call since you just don't "trust" cops??????:waitasec:

i am very familiar with LE as well...which is why i absolutely never, ever assume that LE has a GOOD reason or even an ACCEPTABLE reason. in fact, i know all too well how often the very opposite is the case.

reading the anti-DB rhetoric here, and the pro-LE postings.....it's clear that i am in the midst of people who have never found themselves sitting in a tiny, dark, moldy smelling room with LE, and only LE, accusing you of something you did not do, twisting your words, rewriting your entire lifetime, berating you, demeaning you, badgering you, threatening to take your children, threatening to steal your freedom, threatening to ruin your life.....unless you admit you're guilty when you absolutely aren't.

i've been there. and considering i happen to be related to some very well known, accomplished LE in my area, if it can happen to me it can happen to you.

it didn't start in the interrogation room. it started on a sunny afternoon when i heard a god awful noise, thought it was an explosion, and turned to see that instead, it was a dozen cops storming my home, weapons drawn and pointed at my face. it was beyond traumatic. i had no idea what was going on and they refused to tell me. they sat me on a sofa and didn't let me move, not even when i knew my youngest were coming home on the bus. the looks on their faces at the storm door will NEVER leave me. we were forced to sit on that sofa for four hours, listening to them tear the house apart, break my furniture, invade our privacy, our life, our freedom, and steal our sense of peace and security. when my phone rang with my mom on the phone, i was not allowed to answer it. when it continued to ring, they cut it off.

there were so many cars, it shut down the only way in to my neighborhood and remained that way through the evening rush hour. i saw neighbors going over to police officers in the street to no doubt ask what was going on. i still wonder, years later, what they were told. when i say the experience changed my life, changed everything about the way i view the world, i am not exaggerating even a tiny bit. i had been taught to trust LE. that day, i learned how dangerous and wrong was that lesson.

what do you think LE will do if they find out someone wholly untied to the family has committed this crime? do you think that they're all such good men and women, just by virtue of the badge they own, that when they find out they went after the wrong person they actually apologize? do you think they return to pick up all the papers, laundry, trash cans even, they threw all over your home? do you think they fix the furniture they broke in the bedrooms as you were shaking with your children, on the couch in the room directly underneath them? do you think they volunteer to return all of the belongings of yours they took off with, and in the same multi-car formation with which they first arrived, signs on top of police cars stating "we screwed up. we got it wrong. this woman is not guilty of any crime at all. please do not refuse to let your kids play with hers because of our stupidity?" do you think they even volunteer to return your stuff at all? do you think they care even the smallest bit about the many kinds of damage they leave in their wake?

are you kidding?

what if lisa's parents are truly innocent? and what if lisa is dead? what if you had to watch this passive-aggressive-assault that LE has waged on them via the press, knowing they were innocent? would you still be so quick to suggest they lay down and take it? do you really believe, in innocence, that a citizen of this country should undergo the sort of mental torture happening here just bc the public, in their own depravity, demands that or deems you guilty? my gosh.

about a week after cops invaded my home, i got a phone call, an abrupt one, telling me i was clear and could pick up my cell phones, computers, my kids computers, when it was convenient as long as i called in first. by then, i had been violated enough to be angry. i demanded the lead detective and his supervisor deliver my stuff themselves, apologize to my kids, and apologize to me. the lead detective balked, not for the first time. he was a bully, like many in LE. he made it clear he did not want to admit he'd screwed up. i couldn't help but think "what would these jerks be doing if i was a single mom, not living in the suburbs, not college educated, not white?" i threatened a law suit and suddenly that detective decided to get some decency. my stuff was delivered. i still worry they have it out for me and this happened many years ago.

this is the deal in the united states of america whether anyone likes it or not.....people are innocent until proven otherwise. LE doesn't need encouragement that supports their belief that they can do whatever they need to do break a case. sometimes that only results in breaking a person, and an innocent one.

<modsnip>.

I'm sory for what you've been through. Truly. It justifies for you that not all LE have the best, right and /or awful intentions.

I do want to point out that this isn't about "anti DB rhetoric" - it's about finding Lisa. And unfortunately, DB herself has added to creating a less than positive image.

There is a lot we don't know. But if we talk "anti" - IMO it should actually read "pro" namely "Pro-Lisa" and that's what we all are and what it should be about.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

All my opinion :twocents:

But shouldn't we concentrate on this case, and not couple it with any others? The facts of each case are different, IMO.

It is unfair to Baby Lisa not to concentrate on her case only here on her forum, IMO.

MOO

What other way to combat the thought that some have, that "LE doesn't act in bad faith", "LE must have something to go on to keep after them", etc., than to point out cases we all remember where that wasn't the case?

Maybe in a normal criminal case, but there is a baby missing-- every second counts!
Yes, but if they are guilty, I doubt they care about the seconds ticking by. In which case lawyering up and shutting the F up is the smart thing to do.

It's not the moral thing to do, to say the least, but legally, it's the smartest thing. That's all I meant.

IMO

I shutter to think what a cop could do to my child behind closed doors and how my child might feel later down the road depending on the outcome of this interview. Remember the mcMartin pre-school scandal? Those kids were interviewed by supposed professionals and we all know what happened there. I just dont trust cops IMO it is in the cops interest to solve the case as fast as they can and the stats show the parents are most likely to be the culprits. I just dont see a benefit here for anyone other than LE.

BBM

Actually I see a huge benefit here to the parents if they can help find their daughter. :waitasec:

LE don't have to solve cases as fast as they can. They don't even have to solve them. And they don't solve a lot of them. But they don't usually let them go cold until all avenues have been exhausted. The parent's are imperative at this point to moving this thing forward to either a resolution or a shelved case that sits and waits for further development.

MOO

All I know, is the one sure way to keep the suspicion on you is to be uncooperative with the police. All this moaning and groaning about being treated like suspects doesn't wash with me while they sit there, literally, with their names uncleared.

Either they aren't too bright, or they think everyone else isn't.

mo

Exactly. How can they expect LE to look elsewhere when they can't even clear the parents? Come on already, there's a missing baby here. And she is who this case is about.

And I can promise that making DB and JI be interviewed separately is a violation of their rights, which is what I responded to earlier, highlighted below:
Because it would violate their rights. How it's normally done is irrelevant. They refuse to sit with LE separately, and whether I or LE likes it or not, DB and JI can refuse and there's nothing LE can do about it.

Unless or until LE arrest one, or both of them. Even then they have the right to stfu.

IMO

It is NOT a violation of their rights to be questioned separately. They are not Siamese twins that they have to be in the same room. Yes, they can say nothing which is their right but they can be questioned separately.

From KMBC the boys are scheduled to be reinterviewed on Friday. Friday is a no school day here so that is a perfect day to do so. I will start having a problem with the parents if it is found that the boys didn't see the baby before they went to bed that evening. If they did, then the possibility of an intruder becomes a very viable factor to me.

Friday!!! Well they sure have lots of time to be coached and learn the script:waitasec:

IDK, if they are guilty, the smartest thing they could do is what they are doing: lawyer up and stfu.

IMO

If they are innocent and their inconsistent statements are just misunderstandings...they can take their attny to the PD and be interviewed and straighten it out. there is a chikd missing and that takes precidence over everything if you are a parent. Avail yourself of counsel and get your butt to the PD and answer the damn questions. I am sick of the prevaricating.

And I can promise that making DB and JI be interviewed separately is a violation of their rights, which is what I responded to earlier, highlighted below:
Because it would violate their rights. How it's normally done is irrelevant. They refuse to sit with LE separately, and whether I or LE likes it or not, DB and JI can refuse and there's nothing LE can do about it.

Unless or until LE arrest one, or both of them. Even then they have the right to stfu.

IMO

I remember distinctly that The Ramseys were interviewed separately.

To Doubt....that is just horrible!

<modsnip> Even though our system is supposed to be based on innocent until proven guilty, many seem to not subscribe to it. This is a discussion board and people are entitled to their opinions, but unfortunately many of the expressed opinions somehow transform into supposed facts.

All I know, is the one sure way to keep the suspicion on you is to be uncooperative with the police. All this moaning and groaning about being treated like suspects doesn't wash with me while they sit there, literally, with their names uncleared.

Either they aren't too bright, or they think everyone else isn't.

mo

IIRC, they have cooperated. LE would like more access to them under specific circumstances.

Snipped for brevity.

What about the benefit to the missing child?

If the parents are innocent, there is no benefit whatsoever to Lisa in doing this.

Because there's no way they'll come away saying well, that went just great, we now believe the parents.

The ONLY way for this to go is for there to be more inconsistencies - however tiny - to be uncovered.

If you take a married couple, interview them about something extremely traumatic in their lives and then reinterview them weeks later after they are living through this hell, you will find inconsistencies between the two interviews.

There's just no way, after these new interviews are over, LE will say they have confidence now that the Irwins are innocent. Absent a baby and a clear other guilty party.

MOO

In terms of discussing general happenings, such as "statistically it is usually the parents" or "blank% of the time a person is wrongly convicted" it is completely fair as it provides data with which can open perspective.

However, most of "comparing" I'm going to scream YES in agreement. This is the LI case. Not the Anthony or Foxx case. More than likely it's not much like either case. MOO.

God forbid but if you ever have a family member missing who are you going to call since you just don't "trust" cops??????:waitasec:

Ofcourse i would call the cops, you dont have a choice but then i would call my lawyer and he will be there for every single interview I give just like I would have my lawyer present for any serious matter that involved crimes and or money LOl I dont buy a house w/o my lawyer many peeps dont realize a realtor represents the seller not the buyer unless you make those arrangements in advance like a buyers agent, same goes for cops they represent the state and their interest and/or the victim not you and if they cant find a good perp to nail,... you just might be in their crosshairs. Not me not now that I have been fully educated and aware of what really goes on in the real world. Like I said before in my younger years i was totally convinced the cops are always on yer side. This has been proven wrong so many times all you have to do is read the paper and after 40 years or so you will see what I mean.

In terms of discussing general happenings, such as "statistically it is usually the parents" or "blank% of the time a person is wrongly convicted" it is completely fair as it provides data with which can open perspective.

However, most of "comparing" I'm going to scream YES in agreement. This is the LI case. Not the Anthony or Foxx case. More than likely it's not much like either case. MOO.

Speaking only for myself, it's really helpful to think back on other cases of "how do people act if they're innocent", "how do people act if they're lying", is it typical for innocent people to _________ whatever that is.

It was profound to me, to see that guy falsely accused of being the olympic bomber, and how he acted. He sat out on the stoop of his house and mumbled that he's not guilty and he looked bewildered. I had thought innocent people would scream their innocence, and have since watched and learned they usually actually don't. They stand there in a stupor.

JI was originally to be home a little after 10:00 pm and DB didn't go to bed until 10:30pm so she should have been expecting him at any minute.

I'm confused as to why JI didn't call her to say he was going to be working later than planned. The cell phones could receive calls and he had his work cell. Why wasn't she worried? I would love to know what the drinking buddy has told the cops.

Also, I have a heard time believing DB would be giving Baby Lisa a bath while she was supposedly drunk. Why not just baby wipe her?

This case is baffling, that's for sure.

I think it was in a People magazine piece that JI claims he couldn't call home from the work phone because the cell phones at home were restricted (non-payment of bill). I believe his wife previously said they could receive but not send. I suppose it could have been a misconception on the part of JI that they wouldn't send or receive. But I still find this part of the story suspicious on JI's part. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrackingCrime
Back