LeAnna (Mom) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tears:

One part of me says "oh no, no she couldn't, no mother could allow that type of torturous death to her baby, her own child" but then I remember, Diane Downs, Susan Smith, Darlie Routier.... :(

Did she take a lie detector test? I hadn't heard that.

"I'm so glad he won't experience rejection in middle school, and the loss of his parents blah blah blah...but it doesn't bother me that what he did experience was horrifying terror as he got hotter and hotter and sweated so much his hair was still wet 7 hours later, and pulled some of his hair out and scratched skin off of his face...but that amazing husband of mine said he looked peaceful, like he was sleeping, with his eyes closed, so I believe him! Even though detectives say he did not look peaceful at all and his little blue eyes were open."

Yes LH took a lie detector administered by her own lawyer (or the lawyer's polygraph expert) to rule her out of Cooper's death.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/22/justice/leanna-harris-polygraph-hot-car-death

There was a front page article about the case and upcoming trial in the Sunday edition of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. I will touch on a few statements Zimmerman, Leanna's attorney made.

Though they've never come out and said so, it appears prosecutors no longer believe she/Leanna was in cahoots with her former husband.

She has, however, been subpoenaed by the state. Perhaps to augment their contention that Harris killed his son in part because he wanted out of his marriage.

But, Zimmerman said his client, remains convinced Cooper's death was an accident.

Leanna is also expected to be called by the defense, which has already used testimony from some of the other women in Harris' life.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/mistake-or-murder-trial-begins-in-justin-ross-harr/nq2ff/

If she contends that it was an accident , then she gets the insurance money? Murder by parent doesn't pay off, does it? (but accident does? ) IDK. Was there a policy on little Cooper. Bless his heart.

Also, Im not so convinced that she wasn't in on it, so of course (if so) she contends it was an accident.... to keep herself out of it; Additionally, as mentioned, she is "child free" and marriage free now. However, if she were in on it, RH would be talking, I'd think. So there's that.

usually i do not believe that women are involved in their partner's crimes. This case, though... I am really surprised how much evidence there is to support the theory that lh either knew what was going to happen or may have been involved. I am amazed that she is still defending him against all evidence that he is probably guilty. That victim impact statement really sealed it for me. Of course she took a lie detector and passed so she's been ruled out. Still, i cannot imagine losing a child, nor can i imagine losing a child in such a fashion that would bring me nightmares for the rest of my life. I also cannot imagine standing up in front of a televised funeral and telling the world i wouldn't want him back after knowing what he went through in his final moments. That's unconscionable to me.

this!!!

If she contends that it was an accident , then she gets the insurance money? Murder by parent doesn't pay off, does it? (but accident does? ) IDK. Was there a policy on little Cooper. Bless his heart.

Also, Im not so convinced that she wasn't in on it, so of course (if so) she contends it was an accident.... to keep herself out of it; Additionally, as mentioned, she is "child free" and marriage free now. However, if she were in on it, RH would be talking, I'd think. So there's that.

For the time being, he still has to make this look like a tragic accident. However, comments from prospective jurors make me wonder if he might seek a plea deal instead of going to trial. If that happens, maybe we'll find out what her level of involvement was. JMO

Yes, there was a life insurance policy which Ross mentioned days after in jail. But this is off limits for the trial...correct me if I'm wrong.

If she didn't kill Cooper or have anything to do with his death then she will get the 30k which will probably go straight to her divorce lawyers or personal lawyers that made sure she wasn't caught up in a possible conspiracy.

Especially since she asked Ross if he said too much to the detectives.

Now regarding the 25k policy on Cooper.

Gerber life insurance offers dead and living policies for kids which tells us that parents do get insurance on kids. Especially since it's hard to continue life if your kid dies.

Because nobody wants to be forced back to work to pay bills and funeral costs while grieving the lost of their child.

Also Ross only tried to have others cash in on the policy for the bail money that he couldn't afford.

So it's not like he was a free man that tried to get the payout to live his bachelor life.

Now I'm not saying that Gerber was the life insurance policy. But as long as he had a policy on all of them. Then I doubt he was plotting on little Cooper.

So did he make sure that he and his wife have a substantial policy as well?

A previous poster just mentioned she had passed a polygraph test so was cleared. I just saw several true stories on Discovery ID many suspects passing polygraphs then later confessing and convicted. Various techniques to beat the test were used. One suspect, caught 20 years later, said "the right questions weren't asked." I was very surprised.

For the time being, he still has to make this look like a tragic accident. However, comments from prospective jurors make me wonder if he might seek a plea deal instead of going to trial. If that happens, maybe we'll find out what her level of involvement was. JMO

I don't think prosecutors would offer a plea deal at this point, for the same reason!

I don't think prosecutors would offer a plea deal at this point, for the same reason!

You're probably right, but I was once called for jury duty and, during the questioning of jurors, they took a recess. We came back and found out the defendant had decided to take a plea deal after hearing responses from potential jurors. Many of these particular jurors have very strong feelings about this case, so I would be worried if I were him.

You're probably right, but I was once called for jury duty and, during the questioning of jurors, they took a recess. We came back and found out the defendant had decided to take a plea deal after hearing responses from potential jurors. Many of these particular jurors have very strong feelings about this case, so I would be worried if I were him.

Me, too. The judge thanked us and explained that this is fairly common. The defendant chooses the know quantity, the plea deal the attorneys worked out, over the unknown jury verdict & sentence.

A plea deal would save the taxpayers of Cobb County a chunk o' change, too.

A previous poster just mentioned she had passed a polygraph test so was cleared. I just saw several true stories on Discovery ID many suspects passing polygraphs then later confessing and convicted. Various techniques to beat the test were used. One suspect, caught 20 years later, said "the right questions weren't asked." I was very surprised.

I agree, polygraphs aren't even admissible in court so I'm not convinced it proves anything yet.

If she didn't kill Cooper or have anything to do with his death then she will get the 30k which will probably go straight to her divorce lawyers or personal lawyers that made sure she wasn't caught up in a possible conspiracy.

Especially since she asked Ross if he said too much to the detectives.

Now regarding the 25k policy on Cooper.

Gerber life insurance offers dead and living policies for kids which tells us that parents do get insurance on kids. Especially since it's hard to continue life if your kid dies.

Because nobody wants to be forced back to work to pay bills and funeral costs while grieving the lost of their child.

Also Ross only tried to have others cash in on the policy for the bail money that he couldn't afford.

So it's not like he was a free man that tried to get the payout to live his bachelor life.

Now I'm not saying that Gerber was the life insurance policy. But as long as he had a policy on all of them. Then I doubt he was plotting on little Cooper.

So did he make sure that he and his wife have a substantial policy as well?

Reportedly, he had two policies on him. A $2,000 one from Home Depot, plus another one for $25,000. To me that spells deliberate motive!!! He thought he'd be a free man because everyone would buy the accident story, and he'd also get the grieving dad support. "Here let me comfort you..."

love your avatar, just the facts pls....

She let him use the too small car seat right? As a mother I'm super anal about my sons car seat. There is NO WAY I would let him ride in one that's too small unless it was an absolute emergency.
I know that doesn't point to guilt but they had a big boy seat, why didn't they use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She let him use the too small car seat right? As a mother I'm super anal about my sons car seat. There is NO WAY I would let him ride in one that's too small unless it was an absolute emergency.
I know that doesn't point to guilt but they had a big boy seat, why didn't they use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he may have been able to wiggle free?

Because he may have been able to wiggle free?

That's the point I was trying to make with someone earlier. They had used the seat for a few days though.
So IMO it was pure laziness on their part (like they still carried him around in his seat like an infant) or they didn't want him to "wiggle free".
It makes me wonder if it was originally their plan to do this, they just didn't know when but made the seat available in case they made the split second decision to do it (like that morning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike