Lee's Testimony at the 911 tapes hearing

I think Lee's mouthing "I love you" to KC while he was on the stand was completely inappropriate. He could have waited until he was dismissed and was walking out. It's like he has no sense of what's decent or accepted behavior. Which brings me to wonder about KC's allegations of Lee fondling her. I have never thought it was true, but now I'm wondering if maybe it was a mutually consented activity between them. Something about that interaction today was just really, really creepy to me.

MOO! All of the above is MOO.

I feel kind of scattered now from listening so hard and trying to catch everything. Lost connection a few times too, and raced back to another live connection.

My question is was LA called to the Anthony House, got there when no one was there, and spent an entire hour at the house with the car in the garage waiting for CA and KC to show up?

LA was also the one that went to pick up the laptop and stuff at TonE's. Makes me realize he was really there before the evidence became evidence at the house and then at TonE's. Whew, that's alot of involvement to try to disengage from. It kind of bothers me that he still may feel more loyal than outrage concerning his sister.

This. He's lying about what went on during that time. Mock cop questions?? GMAB! Lee knows a lot of things about a lot of things...

Well I'm not sure what to think of him, but someone should really advise him to dress more appropriately for court! Jeans and a t-shirt just don't cut it. It doesn't take that much effort to put on a nice pair of khakis and a nice button down shirt!

I think Lee is just as wacky as the other three. How could anyone normal come from those two! I don't look for him to do anything wonderful at the trial. He probably has to work on hearing days and tht is why he doesn't come to them. Mommy still pulls Lee's strings,

Lee might have worked this morning and then ran to court and right back to work. He probably wears jeans and a tee shirt to work. At trial he will probably dress up a little more. Maybe not...who knows.

I think Lee's mouthing "I love you" to KC while he was on the stand was completely inappropriate. He could have waited until he was dismissed and was walking out. It's like he has no sense of what's decent or accepted behavior. Which brings me to wonder about KC's allegations of Lee fondling her. I have never thought it was true, but now I'm wondering if maybe it was a mutually consented activity between them. Something about that interaction today was just really, really creepy to me.

MOO! All of the above is MOO.
So glad someone else is mulling this over, too.

And, imo, KC really did break down when Lee mouthed 'I love you.' Seems to me Lee is the only A she really cares about and misses; he was probably the only person she was ever honest with. And obviously I've no proof, but it's possible KC told him exactly what she'd done.

Just conjecture, of course.

AS much as Lee's mouthing "I Love You" to his sister was inappropriate based on courtroom protocol regarding interaction with the defendant.......

What relative having been turned away from jail visits, wouldn't take "an opportunity".

I get what people are saying but there has to be room for another possibility.

Sometimes nervousness shows like amusement. I remember when I got married and was repeating my vows I was so nervous that I giggled after practically every work. I think Lee is just nervous at being on the stand. I am sure he finds none of this amusing. As for saying he loved Casey I am sure he does. You can love the person and not the act. I feel sorry for him.

I don't know. Yes, some is nervousness but I also think something else is going on because he doesn't just laugh or giggle. It's his nonchalant delivery. I think he even cracked a joke at one point.
Also, I get this sense that his CMAs and today, his I love you, they are more than messages, they are some sort of statement to the public, which is irritating. But that's just my feeling.
In any event, these are people who were likely emotionally/mentally fragile before this Greek tragedy so now, of course they are going to act strangely, I think. I really think they all have varying degrees of dysfunction. The whole thing is very sad for everyone involved, really. But they really alienate people with their odd behavior and statements. JMO.

I don't know. Yes, some is nervousness but I also think something else is going on because he doesn't just laugh or giggle. It's his nonchalant delivery. I think he even cracked a joke at one point.
Also, I get this sense that his CMAs and today, his I love you, they are more than messages, they are some sort of statement to the public, which is irritating. But that's just my feeling.
In any event, these are people who were likely emotionally/mentally fragile before this Greek tragedy so now, of course they are going to act strangely, I think. I really think they all have varying degrees of dysfunction. The whole thing is very sad for everyone involved, really. But they really alienate people with their odd behavior and statements. JMO.

The obvious on camera 'I love you' from Lee to Casey is just the Anthony version of the middle finger to everyone else.

Nervous laughter - whatever.
Casual dress - whatever.

The "I love you" he mouthed to ICA before taking the stand was just so inappropriate it defies logic. especially given what she has accused him and GA of. LDB response was priceless.

I will give it to him he didn't let CM trip him up on cross - which was great because he was trying to be as confusing as he could be (that or he just s**** at being an attorney).

MOO

Seriously. Because he could, they all could, easily just send letters to casey in jail saying, "I love you, I miss you, I miss our Caylee and I wish none of this happened. I will always love you no matter what", etc. But, LA does none of that. Instead, he chooses to make very public statements about his very private feelings and that irks me for some reason. It's like it's political, not real.

The obvious on camera 'I love you' from Lee to Casey is just the Anthony version of the middle finger to everyone else.

Bingo. That's what I was feeling and did not know how to express. That's the sensation I get from it. Glad I'm not crazy!!

Well I'm not sure what to think of him, but someone should really advise him to dress more appropriately for court! Jeans and a t-shirt just don't cut it. It doesn't take that much effort to put on a nice pair of khakis and a nice button down shirt!

Yes! I totally agree with you. They weren't even new jeans, like a guy can look great in a nice pair of good fitting jeans and a decent shirt but that's not what he was wearing. Mallory - take your man, dress him up and give him some moisturiser, toner and a good sunscreen.

I know it's superficial, but he really looked scruffy today and it just looks disrespectful, and like he's not taking care of himself. Otherwise I thought he did well, and took the laughing as nervousness.

AS much as Lee's mouthing "I Love You" to his sister was inappropriate based on courtroom protocol regarding interaction with the defendant.......

What relative having been turned away from jail visits, wouldn't take "an opportunity".

I get what people are saying but there has to be room for another possibility.
I'd have waited until I was finished testifying; not while I was taking the stand.

That said, I'd not have mouthed 'I love you.' to a sibling who accused me of molesting them. I'd have to hold my cool not to mouth a big F YOU.

Like a leopard can't change it's spots to appear to be a quiet loving kitty, neither can nor will LA change his allegiance to ICA.

He made it abundantly clear today; he totally, unequivocally supports the A clan. They stand united and will fall united.

What was all the undercurrent chaos going on during LA's trying to answer CM's questions? Was that a phone that kept ringing? Why did CM's questioning seem so vague and confusing?

I felt like there was extra stuff going on that was meant to make LA's answers seem vague and unimportant by CM. Was that the reason LA's response to questions and his answers seemed chopped up by interruptions?

Lee does have a nervous laugh, but his answers seemed straight forward and not laced with mystery or lies. In general, he did okay. Interesting that his appearance was what brought tears from KC.

Well, he hasn't seen her or written a letter to her in a huge amount of time. And then he reiterated his public allegiance to her with the I love you bit. It makes sense that would make her cry, especially after her child molestation allegations were made public. Seems nothing their princess does can make these people feel any less loyal.
Perhaps they just think she's nuts. If one of my brothers killed one of my nieces or nephews, I would think they had gone mad. And I would still love them. But I'd also take care of it. There would be no need for a trial.

I think Lee was a little different this time. I think there was a lot of anger underneath that he was hiding. He's used to being the calm one while Cindy rages. I felt like he wasn't so out of it like he was in the depositions last year. I felt like he was just so mad that he had to sit there and answer questions all because of something his sister did. I feel like his I Love You to Casey was something his mother told him he had to do.

What did you guys think? Was he the same old Lee? Did he seem glib but angrier underneath? And what did you think of him leaving after his testimony was over?

IMO
I agree he may have a lot of anger underneath and that he was mad he was subpoenaed to come to court and testify BUT I do not think his anger is directed towards Casey.
IMO, Lee's anger is directed towards LE and the State Prosecutors.
For all I know, Lee may not believe Casey killed Caylee, he may support Casey 100% and he may be staying away from the hearings to keep the media from bothering him.
:twocents:

LA, on the stand, for me, it was creepy and uncomfortable to watch.:sick:

LA, on the stand, for me, it was creepy and uncomfortable to watch.:sick:

Agreed; but then again that's kind of how he seems to me every time we see him in videos.

I think he flat-out lied under oath, hence the nervous laughter.

Exactly!
Yes indeed, he DID LIE.
He said in previous testimony (which LDB showed him) that he said he SURE COULD HEAR Cindy making the 911 call. Today he said he could NOT hear the call.

His glib attitude seemed to me like he thought he was superior to all of them, and this was such a waste of his time and mental ability.

I think he mouthed "I love you" to the Inmate sister, just to be his usual defiant self and to show the media and public that he will do what he wants -- not what is expected of him.

My heart hurt after his appearance in court today -- hurt for his lack of love and concern for his murdered niece. So so so SAD! So sad that he and his sister and parents thought this was a "good day" in court for all of them.

Agreed; but then again that's kind of how he seems to me every time we see him in videos.

Yep and it's always creepy. I don't believe the CMA he was speaking to/of at the memorial was Caylee. :( Now I'm sure, I wasn't before but now, oh yeah. very creepy.
imo:innocent::angel:

Sorry if this offends anyone, but Lee is an emotional pygmy who clearly had no attachment to his niece Caylee.

His best before date ran out about ten years ago. I'll no longer have any concerns whatsoever for or about him.

What a piece of work.

Yes! I totally agree with you. They weren't even new jeans, like a guy can look great in a nice pair of good fitting jeans and a decent shirt but that's not what he was wearing. Mallory - take your man, dress him up and give him some moisturiser, toner and a good sunscreen.

I know it's superficial, but he really looked scruffy today and it just looks disrespectful, and like he's not taking care of himself. Otherwise I thought he did well, and took the laughing as nervousness.

Amil, who was in court today, said Mallory was wearing SHORT SHORTS in court!
And she was smacking away on something in her mouth the whole time. No class!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back