Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

And to think, that sick SOB had the nerve to wear purple on the most difficult day of testimony.
Wonder if we'll ever hear about his past- you know, the past he regrets and wishes he could change. If he didn't feel remorse about what he did to Tori then what did he do that was so awful he felt the need to write about it on facebook?????

Are there any unsolved rape/murder cases involving the victim being choked to death that should be looked into a little more closely??

BBM: There's a baby he was around who died January 30, 2009 of SIDS.

Excerpts from
http://www.canadianjusticereviewboard.ca/article-Charter_v_effective_crimina_court_system.htm

"Section 24 (2) of the Charter implicitly overruled the common law practice of always admitting reliable derivative evidence. Instead, the judge is required to consider whether admission of derivative evidence obtained through a charter breach would bring the administration of justice into disrepute."

In R. v. Grant .... Deschamps proposed that trial judges consider only two disparate and competing objectives: the public interest in protecting Charter rights and the public interest in having all criminal cases tried on their merits, saying that "it is by striking a fair balance between these two societal interests that this result will be attained."

Deschamps emphasised the importance of the public interest in having cases tried on their merits; that exclusion of reliable evidence without good reason is an abdication of the institutional role of the courts; and that "the importance of the factor of the seriousness of the offence must be recognized, given society's strong interest in being protected from the commission of serious crimes."

BBM: There is no way that a not-guilty verdict will be going down without a fight by our Crown.

Also, it is really upsetting about the warrant issue, really upsetting, but, I truly have no bad words to say about our LE.

Our LE caught these 2 , found dear Victoria, followed through with publication bans to ensure a fair trial, and have fought beyond belief for Justice in Victoria's Case.

I take my hat off to our Canadian Law Enforcement and Crown Attorney's in this case.

Thank-you.

I totally agree with you, but it wasn't LE's fault. They were proceeding based on the, admittedly in flux, law regarding warrants that was in place at the time. Because of a challenge in the court system, that was changed after MR was arrested. Judge Heeney banned the evidence based on the law that came into play after MR was arrested. IMO he shouldn't have.

You're right Snoof, very correct. There is obviously something very seriously wrong in more ways than one with MR. I cannot believe something didn't happen criminally long before this. It's quite possible it has, MR was just never caught. Example being the woman who was drugged and the women who spoke out about their children. (BTW, I still haven't finished reading that). UGH. MOO.

I do not understand how that woman went to the police in January 2009 and that was the end of that. She did her part by going to the police. I really would like an explanation why MR was not charged.

I wonder how many other women he drugged and did things to and perhaps their children.

If something goes wrong and he gets away with this, I'm making it my mission to find that damned car seat myself.

I'm so glad to see everyone on the same page here. What happened to all the posters who were so sure MTR was innocent?

BBM: I was wondering the same thing.

Jayfriend suggested that most of them are aspiring Lawyers, who like to argue for the sake of playing devils advocate. I tend to agree with him on that. That and they simply have more than a passing interest in the case.

I would be curious to hear their thoughts on the child *advertiser censored* searches, snuff video's, necorpheliac videos, rape victim who was drugged, etc., all the vile details being released.

I don't know how much you could really defend all that, but then, I never understood how one could defend him all this time, anyway.

JMO

I think Smyth was goading MR. He was hoping he would make a threat towards him so he could take him down. JMO

If I were Smyth, I would have gently wiped MTR's tears and vomit away, and then taken that bright yellow blankie and proceeded to shove all 16' of it into his mealy mouth, and left to go down the block to get him another Timmie's (which as we know, is very busy at this time of year).

Other than that, Smyth did a good job ;)

BBM I could not understand that either, and i thought maybe because there was nothing on it that would incriminate him. I kept thinking surely they would have found something to do with child *advertiser censored* on his PCs but when nothing was presented, ....

I can think of 2 cases off the top of my head where the perp watched child *advertiser censored* right before the crime. I can't believe the warrants got messed up! In a case of such proportions and all the time they needed, how could they have not dotted every I and crossed every T!!!!

Interesting how people rationalize things or view the same evidence so differently. (And I sincerely mean no disrespect by that). For me, it was the TOTAL LACK of any info about the computer and the lack of anything whatsoever being said about his character and sexual preferences that made me realize there was a lot the defense was fighting VERY HARD to keep out. There were too many legal arguments during the ex-girlfriends' testimonies.
Same here, I always wondered why they didn't ask all those women witnesses about his sexual preferences, now I get it. TECHNICALITIES SUCK

I do not understand how that woman went to the police in January 2009 and that was the end of that. She did her part by going to the police. I really would like an explanation why MR was not charged.

I wonder how many other women he drugged and did things to and perhaps their children.

First TLM is walking the streets after her violence and now MR wasn't even on radar after what happen that other poor women. WTF is going on.

I just heard on CTV news that LE found more child *advertiser censored* on a hard drive hidden behind his dresser....seems like he was hiding it from Momma.

BBM: I was wondering the same thing.

Jayfriend suggested that most of them are aspiring Lawyers, who like to argue for the sake of playing devils advocate. I tend to agree with him on that. That and they simply have more than a passing interest in the case.

I would be curious to hear their thoughts on the child *advertiser censored* searches, snuff video's, necorpheliac videos, rape victim who was drugged, etc., all the vile details being released.

I don't know how much you could really defend all that, but then, I never understood how one could defend him all this time, anyway.

JMO

I believe there were some very vested people in this case commenting JMO.

Seriously I am completely disgusted in all of this. I cant get past it. How could no one see this? Is his mother that naive? I just dont understand. I have to tell you about what I read. If I was a mother if any way a man made a comment about my child in the way the MSM said he did I would have told him to beat it then go to the police so they had some sort of record of it.

This is replica Bernardo. All of these things that he was accused of and never anything documented by police sounds eerie of Bernardo. Also certain things that were said like the chocking and anal sex.

When TLM said the following I believed because really how do you make that stuff up.

The bum talk, the jacking off (is this okay to say?) down the laneway, "you know I am going to F her right? All of these comments I couldnt see her saying if they were not true this is why I was further on the guilty side with the sexual assault verdict plus the missing shirt.

Even the way she described the murder I really still feel like she didnt do it. It makes no sense, either does her testimony. It was off from the beginning of this trial bit its possible if they both did it. IMO

I never thought she did it either, never!

She was trying to avoid testifying IMO

Guys, I'm really ticked off. The more this sinks in, the madder I get.

Can you swear on WS? Just kidding (sort of).

I never thought she did it either, never!

She was trying to avoid testifying IMO

I never believed she is the one that killed Tori (with the hammer), either. I can believe she may have been the one who kicked Tori. That is TLM's style of attack. She uses her hands, feet, legs, arms... a hammer is out of character for her.

Have been believed something was missing RE: the many, many, many, many women paraded into court. Especially all the single mothers. Men with an obvious preference for single mothers really raise alarms in my head. And this has just proven that my choice to remain single while I raise my child was one of the best choices I could have made to protect my daughter.

Anyway, back to TLM for a moment. Turns out she did perjure herself on the stand... she isn't the killer. That is, IMO, the only part of her testimony that was a lie.

I am disgusted.

All they needed was to show that video of MR LE interview. It was so telling, far to relaxed, never gave eye contact and was combative.

Well tomorrow is my birthday ... Maybe god will give me a gift and allow the jury to see what I couldn't ... Maybe tomorrow they will find him guilty of 1st degree ... If not at least 2nd degree ... I hope the guards put him in general population by accident, here you go boys ... A new toy, don't break him, don't kill him but he is yours to play with for a long long time.

Dear Sue, Salem, Nursebeme and other mods, can we now refer to these two as monsters PLEASE? IMHO the title is extremely fitting. Calling them people, individuals, ect. is insulting to the human race. MOO. Especially now finding out MR was planning all this out long in advance and after watching the interrogation MR still denies he is innocent. Only evil monsters do this criminal carp against children. MOO

I wish they could have kept him up for days until he broke a confession...grrr. I don't know what would have make him confess. Waterboarding, Buba in the room? What a huge waste of money spent on this trial. As I mentioned earlier, too bad they couldn't tack on another 25 years to account for the unnecessary trial. MOO

she could change her mind? MOO

Let's hope she can and does. I wondered this myself. Maybe the time factor has been too long now, let's hope not. This may qualify MR as a dangerous offender who could never get out even after 25 years. PLEASE WOMEN WHO WERE VICTIMS OF MR, COME FORWARD TO LE AND REPORT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU. WE NEED MR OFF THE STREETS FOREVER. MOO

Monsters isn't quite the word I had in mind.

Been reading everything I missed today. Haven't been posting because I'm having a hard time finding words that won't get me booted off here.

This is the exact type of case that deserves the death penalty. People like this have no place in society. I'm with Rodney. I want to see him fry.

I just can't believe the computer forensics weren't allowed as evidence.

I wonder if his defence sleeps at night.

I hope he gets to experience daily the exact horror Tori did that day.

OMG all he does is whine. Can you imagine that in jail.

They should put RW in charge of him lol. Can you only imagine teeheehee. He would knock the whininess right out of him. moo

All they needed was to show that video of MR LE interview. It was so telling, far to relaxed, never gave eye contact and was combative.

Well tomorrow is my birthday ... Maybe god will give me a gift and allow the jury to see what I couldn't ... Maybe tomorrow they will find him guilty of 1st degree ... If not at least 2nd degree ... I hope the guards put him in general population by accident, here you go boys ... A new toy, don't break him, don't kill him but he is yours to play with for a long long time.

Happy Birthday!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back