Legal Questions for Our VERIFIED Lawyers #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
AZ,

I think it is what transpired immediately before that leads some of us to believe that SA complained to HHJP.

He was in the middle of instructing the potential jurors as a group when JA and LDB interrupted and asked to approach the bench. They spoke to HHJP for several minutes then returned to their seats. HHJP then launched into the "no emotion instruction" and then continued where he left off before interruption by SA....

I'm thrown by the phrase "the SA complained". That sounds like LDB wanted them to stop ICA from crying,but I thought she was asking for the judge to give instructions to potential jurors to basically ignore her emotions and not draw conclusions from it.
Isn't that part of the SA's job,to preserve their case?

AZ,

I think it is what transpired immediately before that leads some of us to believe that SA complained to HHJP.

He was in the middle of instructing the potential jurors as a group when JA and LDB interrupted and asked to approach the bench. They spoke to HHJP for several minutes then returned to their seats. HHJP then launched into the "no emotion instruction" and then continued where he left off before interruption by SA....

Makes sense. Maybe they encouraged him to skip ahead to that part. :)

I'm thrown by the phrase "the SA complained". That sounds like LDB wanted them to stop ICA from crying,but I thought she was asking for the judge to give instructions to potential jurors to basically ignore her emotions and not draw conclusions from it.
Isn't that part of the SA's job,to preserve their case?

Yes, even if LDB said something about the crying, I'm sure it was not "make her stop!" as Casey would say, but something more like, "your honor, would you mind skipping ahead to the bit about not considering emotions since it has become an issue already?" ;)

Are the attorneys for Zenaida Gonzales working pro bono just for publicity? I cannot imagine Zenaida Gonzales has the money to pay them especially if she may not get financially compensated for the case if she does win. Also, why is the civil case for Zenaida after the criminal case if the depositions for Zenaida was done quite some time ago? I know they did depositions for George Anthony, Cindy Anthony, Anne Downing and Jim Hoover in this case. I don't know if there will more depositions.

Are the attorneys for Zenaida Gonzales working pro bono just for publicity? I cannot imagine Zenaida Gonzales has the money to pay them especially if she may not get financially compensated for the case if she does win. Also, why is the civil case for Zenaida after the criminal case if the depositions for Zenaida was done quite some time ago? I know they did depositions for George Anthony, Cindy Anthony, Anne Downing and Jim Hoover in this case. I don't know if there will more depositions.

I think, in theory, they are working on a contingency fee (a percentage of the recovery). But I doubt there will actually be any recovery, so they might as well be working pro bono. ;)

IIRC, the civil trial was postponed until after the criminal trial based on a motion filed by Casey's civil attorney.

I think, in theory, they are working on a contingency fee (a percentage of the recovery). But I doubt there will actually be any recovery, so they might as well be working pro bono. ;)

IIRC, the civil trial was postponed until after the criminal trial based on a motion filed by Casey's civil attorney.

I guess if Morgan and Morgan are doing it pro bono its do generate more business for themselves. What kind of motion did Baez file? I just think if KC is found guilty, they would be almost guaranteed to win the civil suit? Or maybe it will be found to be frivilous! Do you recall did Zenaida Gonzales actually lose her job or anything? I can't imagine it was so bad for her, but maybe I'm wrong. There's other Zenaida Gonzaless in Orlando I believe. Why don't they all sue?

I guess if Morgan and Morgan are doing it pro bono its do generate more business for themselves. What kind of motion did Baez file? I just think if KC is found guilty, they would be almost guaranteed to win the civil suit? Or maybe it will be found to be frivilous! Do you recall did Zenaida Gonzales actually lose her job or anything? I can't imagine it was so bad for her, but maybe I'm wrong. There's other Zenaida Gonzaless in Orlando I believe. Why don't they all sue?

It wasn't Baez--it was her counsel for the civil lawsuit. I think it was just a motion to stay the civil trial until after the criminal trial.

If she is found guilty, ZG is still not guaranteed to win the civil suit. She has to prove Casey was talking about HER specifically, and not (1) one of the other several dozen ZGs in Florida, New York, or any of the other places Casey mentioned, or (2) a fake imaginary ZG. My bets are on #2...

IIRC ZG was unemployed already but claimed she could not get a job after that because of Casey's accusations against her. IMO the problem was more the fact that ZG rushed out to all the news stations to say I'M THE ONE she was talking about and I didn't do it!

It wasn't Baez--it was her counsel for the civil lawsuit. I think it was just a motion to stay the civil trial until after the criminal trial.

If she is found guilty, ZG is still not guaranteed to win the civil suit. She has to prove Casey was talking about HER specifically, and not (1) one of the other several dozen ZGs in Florida, New York, or any of the other places Casey mentioned, or (2) a fake imaginary ZG. My bets are on #2...

IIRC ZG was unemployed already but claimed she could not get a job after that because of Casey's accusations against her. IMO the problem was more the fact that ZG rushed out to all the news stations to say I'M THE ONE she was talking about and I didn't do it!

Why does ICA have an attorney in the civil case? Where does the attorney expect to get paid from?

I have a question & I'm SURE it's been asked & answered but can't find it. If the state is going after the death penalty & the jury doesn't find it premeditated does that mean she walks & can't be charged again? Unless it's a hung jury which I know she can be re-charged right? TIA

Toi

I have a question & I'm SURE it's been asked & answered but can't find it. If the state is going after the death penalty & the jury doesn't find it premeditated does that mean she walks & can't be charged again? Unless it's a hung jury which I know she can be re-charged right? TIA

Toi

She was also indicted for lesser offenses such as manslaughter, child abuse, etc. so if they don't find it premeditated it doesn't necessarily mean that she'll walk. If it's a hung jury, yes, they will try her again.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6455492#post6455492"]Continued to thread #3 here.[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1