FL Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering), Miramar, 27 Jul 2020 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*

BREAKING: Alleged ‘witch doctor’ arrested in case of missing mom, Leila Cavett, whose toddler was found wandering alone
The U.S. Marshals Service arrested a man on Sunday in connection with the disappearance of missing Georgia mother, Leila Cavett.

Al.com reports that 38-year-old Shannen Ryan, a self-proclaimed “witch doctor,” was detained in Florida and arrested for allegedly lying to the FBI about 21-year-old Leila Cavett, of Dawsonville, Georgia, who hasn’t been seen by family or friends since July 26.

In an hour-long video posted on Facebook earlier this month, Ryan claimed he was the last person to see Cavett before she disappeared from a Hollywood, Florida, gas station with a group of men.

Ryan claimed on the same video that he had known Cavett for years. He said Cavett and her toddler son, Kamdyn, previously lived with him in Alabama for months.

Ryan also said he was in Hollywood, Florida, visiting a friend in the hospital when he connected with Cavett online and offered to buy her truck from her, a truck Cavett had reportedly just bought for herself.

“I said, ‘Let me buy that truck from you,’” Ryan said. “‘I’m not selling my truck.’ I’m like, ‘Leila, come on, sell me the truck.’ From my understanding, I thought she was the reason she was coming to Florida.”

Ryan alleged that Cavett showed up with the truck and her son in Florida after their conversation. He claimed he spent the day with Cavett and Kamydyn, going to the beach and treating them to lunch and dinner.

The suspect added that he paid Leila $3,000 for her truck, and at some point, they ended up at the RaceTrac in Hollywood, where Leila and her son left with unknown men.

“Pulled up to the gas station — boom — when I pulled up to the gas station, it’s some guys in a car that she talking to,” Ryan said. “These guys look familiar because they like some [expletive] she was talking to at the beach, and she got no limits [expletive].”

Family of Mother Who Vanished in South Florida Confirms Arrest Made in Connection to Disappearance

Family of Mother Who Vanished in South Florida Confirms Arrest Made in Connection to Disappearance
The search for 21-year-old Leila Cavett began on July 26, when her son was found wandering alone barefoot in the parking lot of a Miramar apartment complex.

The family of a young mother who went missing in South Florida last month confirmed on Sunday that an arrest was made in connection to their daughter's disappearance.

Curtis Cavett, the father of 21-year-old Leila Cavett, said law enforcement had informed him that 38-year-old Shanon Ryan was arrested Saturday night.

According to Curtis, he was told that Ryan was the last person seen with Cavett at a RaceTrac gas station the night of her disappearance.

Curtis did not provide any further information for fear that it would impede the investigation.

"“I just want to know the fact that my child is okay, and if she’s not, I have to deal with that," Curtis said.

According to jail records, Ryan was arrested by the U.S. Marshals on two counts of lying to a federal officer.

Ryan recently posted an hour long Facebook video where he claimed he was with Cavett and her 2-year-old son Kamdyn in a Hollywood RaceTrac gas station. But, he says she and her son left with other men.

Surveillance video recently released by the FBI revealed that Cavett was at that same gas station the night she went missing.

The search for Cavett began on July 26, when her son was found wandering alone barefoot in the parking lot of a Miramar apartment complex.

FBI officials said Cavett, who had previously been living in Georgia, came down to Florida on July 24th, with a photo showing her at a Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach near Interstate 95 that day.

Cavett was last seen near a Walmart parking lot near U.S. 441 and Hollywood Boulevard the night before her son was found. Her vehicle was found unattended in Hollywood on July 28.

The FBI would not confirm if they had a person of interest at this point.

The federal law enforcement agency is working with local law enforcement on the case and is asking anyone with information to come forward.

Anyone with information is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.

All of the charging document

Liane Morejon WPLG@LianeWPLG 47m
Shocking details just released in the Leila Cavett case. As of last night, we learned Shannon Ryan was accused of lying to federal investigators, but the court documents detail a lot more than that. He’s having a hearing in federal court later this morning. (1/2)

Ian Margol @IanMargolWPLG 46m
According to court documents, investigators found that Ryan had made purchases with Leila’s credit card, had searched how to make chloroform, and was seen on surveillance near the area where her son was found in Miramar. Lots more to come on @WPLGLocal10 at noon.

Attachments

• EfoM2a1WkAQlEgB.jpg
    EfoM2a1WkAQlEgB.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 86
  • EfoM2SiWAAAFwfM.jpg
    EfoM2SiWAAAFwfM.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 77
  • EfoM2SNXoAYrUsR.jpg
    EfoM2SNXoAYrUsR.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 75
  • EfoM2XYXgAAAMnM.jpg
    EfoM2XYXgAAAMnM.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 88
  • EfoNO7WXsAA-CFn.jpg
    EfoNO7WXsAA-CFn.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 80
  • EfoNO74WkAELpWx.jpg
    EfoNO74WkAELpWx.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 89
  • EfoNPAbWoAUbIaT.jpg
    EfoNPAbWoAUbIaT.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 73
  • EfoNPAcXoAAM6vF.jpg
    EfoNPAcXoAAM6vF.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 72
  • EfoTP5RWkAAGNOk.jpg
    EfoTP5RWkAAGNOk.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Leila Cavett: ‘Witch doctor’ buys trash bags, odor remover & duct tape while cops find shovels amid search for missing mom [Court Docs]

A person of interest in the disappearance of missing mom, Leila Cavett, is behind bars for lying to the FBI, but new information in a recently-released federal arrest warrant details an additional charge.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Cavett, 21, may have left Georgia with her toddler son “abruptly” at night and drove to Florida for unknown reasons, although some family members fear she met someone online that she wanted to see in person.

During the morning hours of July 26, passerby Ebony Williams discovered Cavett’s son, 2-year-old Kamdyn, wandering alone in a t-shirt and a dirty diaper outside of an apartment complex off of SW 68th Avenue in Miramar. After searching the area for the toddler’s caretakers without luck, Williams contacted the police.

“I heard the baby crying, so I walked over, and I realized he was by himself,” Williams said. “I asked him, ‘Where’s your mommy?’ And he kind of just like pointed everywhere.”

A gold Lexus that resembled self-proclaimed “witch doctor” Shannon Ryan’s car was spotted on security footage by the apartment complex just moments before the toddler was found.

Ryan previously admitted that he was the last person to have seen Cavett in Florida, but said he didn’t know where she was. He claimed Cavett and Kamdyn got into a car with a group of men at a RaceTrac gas station in Hollywood and he has not seen her since.

Ryan was arrested and charged over the weekend for giving false statements to the FBI. He’s now also charged with kidnapping Kamdyn, The Washington Post reports.

Further, investigators said Ryan went to Walmart and a gas station, where he used a debit card to buy duct tape, odor eliminator, and extra-large garbage bags, according to court documents.

According to a federal search warrant, investigators found shovels with small droplets of some sort of red substance on them. The shovels are currently being tested.

Hah!! An arrest and a bit of weirdness. Just saw this:

Man Arrested in Case of Missing Ga. Mom Whose Toddler Was Found Wandering Alone in Fla.

Shanon Demar Ryan has not been charged with kidnapping or harming Leila Cavett, who was last seen in July

By Chris Harris
August 17, 2020 11:20 AM

Federal authorities have arrested an Alabama man who has claimed, in several social media postings, to be one of the last people to see Leila Cavett before the 21-year-old mother vanished in late July.

PEOPLE confirms, through online records, that Shanon Demar Ryan, 38, a resident of Muscle Shoals, Alabama, was arrested Saturday by federal agents.

Ryan, who is being held without bond on two counts of lying to a federal officer, claimed on Facebook that he is a witch, spiritual adviser, and teacher.
Ryan has not been charged with kidnapping or harming Cavett, and it is unclear at this time what he allegedly lied about.
[...]
The Miami Herald reports Ryan says in another video he first met Cavett about a year ago, and that she and her son stayed with him for a time.
Ryan claims in the video that he had recently reconnected with Cavett, and that the two met up in a parking lot in Hollywood, Florida, to smoke marijuana. Afterwards, they stopped at a nearby gas station, he claims, and spent the rest of the day eating out and hanging at the beach.

More here:
Man Arrested in Case of Missing Ga. Mom Whose Toddler Was Found Wandering Alone in Fla.

$10K Reward For Information Leading To Location Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett
''MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The FBI in Miami is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information which will lead them to the location of missing Georgia mom Leila Cavett.

Cavett disappeared on July 25th, the following day her two-year-old son Kamdyn was found wandering in a Miramar apartment building parking lot.

“The FBI is actively seeking information relating to the whereabouts of Leila Cavett,” said George L. Piro, Special Agent in Charge, FBI Miami. “We are still relentlessly investigating the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. Any information, no matter how seemingly insignificant, may be important to finding Leila. We thank those who have already provided information and urge other members of our community to come forward.”
---
FBI offers reward of up to $10,000 for information about missing mother Leila Cavett

I made a TL based on footage we have seen that's been released.

Timeline Leila's Events In FL

July 24th - Seen on video at Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach Near Insterstate 95

July 25th Time Unknown - Seen in Fort Lauderdale Beach and Las Olas during the day

July 25th: 2:20PM RaceTrac Station 5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021

July 25th -Leila seen via video footage getting out of Lexus at the Racetrac at 3:06PM on 5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021

July 25th - Leila enters Racetrack at 3:16PM on 5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021

July 25th 10:16 PM - Last known image she was seen at RaceTrac at 10:16PM at 5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021

July 26th - Kamdyn found between 8-9 AM at 1800 block of Southwest 68th Avenue, in the area of the Willowbrook Apartments.

MSM news sources where I got my info:

$10K Reward For Information Leading To Location Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett

FBI Offers $10,000 Reward, Releases New Video in Missing Mom Case

FBI Offers Reward to Find Leila Cavett, Days After Man is Accused of Kidnapping Her Son (VIDEO)

All of the charging document

Liane Morejon WPLG@LianeWPLG 47m
Shocking details just released in the Leila Cavett case. As of last night, we learned Shannon Ryan was accused of lying to federal investigators, but the court documents detail a lot more than that. He’s having a hearing in federal court later this morning. (1/2)

Ian Margol @IanMargolWPLG 46m
According to court documents, investigators found that Ryan had made purchases with Leila’s credit card, had searched how to make chloroform, and was seen on surveillance near the area where her son was found in Miramar. Lots more to come on @WPLGLocal10 at noon.
Page 4 paragraph 6 of the FBI’s report says, SR used “C.L’s credit card”, not to be confused with LC, Leila’s initials.

Page 4 paragraph 6 of the FBI’s report says, SR used “C.L’s credit card”, not to be confused with LC, Leila’s initials.
CL stands for his “apprentice” Christina Lawson not Leila Cavett.

Driver may have clue in Leila Cavett’s disappearance, FBI says

If you were in a gold, four-door Honda sedan late last month and parked near the fuel pumps of a RaceTrac in Hollywood, the FBI wants to speak with you.

Investigators believe the driver and any occupants of the Honda sedan may have seen something related to the disappearance of the 21-year-old missing mom Leila Cavett.

The Honda sedan was seen on surveillance video near the fuel pumps of the RaceTrac gas station at 5800 Hollywood Blvd. between 11:24 p.m. and 11:28 p.m. on July 27, 2020, the FBI said.

The car has visible damage to the left rear bumper, the FBI said.

See more & photo @ link
FBI seeks to speak with people inside car spotted at gas station where missing mom was last seen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back