Let's Make a Deal!! New version of old gameshow...

HeartofTexas said:
That is the biggest bunch of hooey I've heard recently! School was out for crying out loud... it was Christmas. She opened presents, went to Fleet White's house for dinner, came home and supposedly went to bed. She wasn't at school that day and probably hadn't been for a week. The man is nuts. He's injecting himself into a crime because he's apparently "in love with JonBenet". Next we'll be hearing that JonBenet loved him, too. I bet everything he knows about JonBenet he learned after her death and the subsequent years of massive media attention.

That's what's going on...in a nutshell.

Now it will be interesting to see what the Boulder DA does with this. If they can't tie this guy to the crime (DNA or fingerprints), other than this bogus confession, do you suppose they will still prosecute? Can they? And if the ex has video/picture proof that he was in Alabama, then that's certainly the end of it, I would think.

JBean said:
But he knows the case inside and out. Why would he say this, guilty or innocent?

Because he is nuts. Maybe someone has been feeding him info that the general public isn't aware of. But I think he's just nuts, and nutty people do this sort of thing.

He picked her up at school? If he did say this...then this is not the guy.

SuperDave said:
He said he drugged her. Tox screen was negative. He said he had sex with her. We know that didn't happen. Now he claims he picked her up from school and did it. Ugh.

But how far will the DA's office go to convict this guy? Will they ignore all this...and nail him on only the confession?

I've been trying my best not to comment on John "paying" someone to take the fall for this horrific crime. Does anyone seriously believe this??? I mean in you heart do you believe that John would pay someone to take the fall for a crime they didn't committ? Ok, let's say he did. Playing devils advocate here. Wouldn't this mean that the guy confessing would at least get his facts right? I am of the belief that an intruder did this. I'm not saying Karr did it, cause I just don't know. For that matter, I don't really know if John or Patsy didn't. In my guy I just don't think they did. With that being said, I really really don't believe John or anyone else connected to the case paid someone to confess. I think it is a ridiculous idea. Why would they wait 10 years do it when they were the focus of the investigation for so long?

One more thing, who in the world would confess to a crime they didn't committ for money, when they would spend the rest of their lives in jail. What good would the money do them then? I rather have my freedom then money, as I'm sure most people would.

....do the time he was gonna end up doing anyway in an American prison, and he'd have money to boot...

What's going to happen here is that they will find the DNA is not a match. Then, this guy will plea to some type of false confession/obstruction of justice charge package, will receive a relatively light sentence and voila, will be out again and able to be in the US. Prolly a helluva lot better than eating braised rats with a bunch of thugs and crazies in a Thai prison... (...another poster said prison there would be a Miidnight Express" experience, and that is not far from the truth...)...

Oh, and even if Papa John didn't pay him directly, there will be a deal made for this guy....just watch....and then....he'll make a sleazy living off of talk shows, books, and the like. all related to the senseless murder of a poor little girl by her narcissistic mother...

Any questions?

cappuccina said:
....do the time he was gonna end up doing anyway in an American prison, and he'd have money to boot...

What's going to happen here is that they will find the DNA is not a match. Then, this guy will plea to some type of false confession/obstruction of justice charge package, will receive a relatively light sentence and voila, will be out again and able to be in the US. Prolly a helluva lot better than eating braised rats with a bunch of thugs and crazies in a Thai prison... (...another poster said prison there would be a Miidnight Express" experience, and that is not far from the truth...)...

Oh, and even if Papa John didn't pay him directly, there will be a deal made for this guy....just watch....and then....he'll make a sleazy living off of talk shows, books, and the like. all related to the senseless murder of a poor little girl by her narcissistic mother...

Any questions?
He had gone to Thailand to work. he did not want to go back to the US as he was facing charges here. The only reason he was in the Thail jail was due to the US charges.
So the theory that he was trying to get to the US, doesn't make any sense.
Not that much else does either..but he wasn't wanted for any criminal charges in Thailand.

cappuccina said:

Any questions?
I am skeptical of this man's confession.

JBean said:
He had gone to Thailand to work. he did not want to go back to the US as he was facing charges here. The only reason he was in the Thail jail was due to the US charges.
So the theory that he was trying to get to the US, doesn't make any sense.
Not that much else does either..but he wasn't wanted for any criminal charges in Thailand.
I don't think he was ever in a Thai jail was he?

...have eventually been headed to one...Also, he was living in incredible poverty, and so his "stay" in a US penal institution will be a middle class apartment by comparison,,,

narlacat said:
I meant before he was arrested, sorry.
no he wasn't in jail before he was arrested. he was arrested at his apartment and then taken to the Thai Jail

....this guy is a dangerous loon....this whole thing stinks....and yes, the Ramseys are involved in ALL of it...

JBean said:
But he knows the case inside and out. Why would he say this, guilty or innocent?

I just said this on another thread but I'll reiterate here. I think this man is using a very real arrest and all the media attention to live out his fantasy. I think he immersed himself in researching this case not because he was interested in it like those of us here are but because he fantasized about being the perp. I think his writing emails and letters to people connected to the case was all a part of his fantasy. I don't believe he actually thought he would be arrested but now that he has he is getting off on it because what is happening is reinforcing his fantasy, making it seem very real to him.

cappuccina said:
...have eventually been headed to one...Also, he was living in incredible poverty, and so his "stay" in a US penal institution will be a middle class apartment by comparison,,,
Actually, he was staying in a decent-looking hotel and had a new teaching job. Besides, money goes a lot further in Thailand than it does here.

MrsMush99 said:
I've been trying my best not to comment on John "paying" someone to take the fall for this horrific crime. Does anyone seriously believe this??? I mean in you heart do you believe that John would pay someone to take the fall for a crime they didn't committ? Ok, let's say he did. Playing devils advocate here. Wouldn't this mean that the guy confessing would at least get his facts right? I am of the belief that an intruder did this. I'm not saying Karr did it, cause I just don't know. For that matter, I don't really know if John or Patsy didn't. In my guy I just don't think they did. With that being said, I really really don't believe John or anyone else connected to the case paid someone to confess. I think it is a ridiculous idea. Why would they wait 10 years do it when they were the focus of the investigation for so long?

One more thing, who in the world would confess to a crime they didn't committ for money, when they would spend the rest of their lives in jail. What good would the money do them then? I rather have my freedom then money, as I'm sure most people would.
Beautifully said. Some people just want to believe that the Ramsay"s have that much power. I for one DO NOT.

Yaya said:
He said Karr told Thai interrogators that he picked JonBenet up at her school and brought her to the family’s basement..."

People need to remember this man supposedly said this to the Thai interrogators. That is reason enough to take into consideration that this is a misquote or misunderstanding of the statement. :waitasec:

Just a suggestion... at some point in the interrogation he could have told them he had picked her up from school... this could have meant in the past at sometime... especially if he was her tutor. Then he may have said later in the interrogation that he took her to the basement.

It may have been a statement taken out of context.
I second this statement.
Thai investigators = translation issues = out of context statements.
He could have told them that he "picked her out at school" in one sentence and "took her to the basement" in another sentence. "Picked her out at school" being the answer to the question "how did he meet or know Jonbenet"?

I also have a hard time believing that the Ramsey's orchestrated an elaborate plot for someone (JMK) to take the fall for this, especially an individual living overseas and ten years after the fact. More people would have to be involved than just the Ramsey's in order to pull this off and I'm just not seeing them as having that kind of power over anyone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back