Lights off for Earth hour

I'm in Melbourne and didn't partake, but I did go to my parents' for dinner, so my house was in darkness anyway :)

I've just watched a report on our 24 hour news channel (Sky News) and had to laugh at the newsreader sitting in near total darkness. At first I thought she'd dyed her hair darker, but then realised she was only just lit, as if by candlelight. All the reporters and producers sitting behind her were in total darkness!

Well done to all that took part. I hope that Melbourne decides to do this sometime soon.

lol

Just sayin' hi Kez- nice to meet you, Kazzbar (another poster here) lives down your way too- think she's in Boxhill IIRC

lol

Just sayin' hi Kez- nice to meet you, Kazzbar (another poster here) lives down your way too- think she's in Boxhill IIRC
Hey Narla, lights out in Sydney was a success just saw it on the Sunday Morning show, even the coca cola sign in Kings cross was turned off for the first time since day dot. pubs were still open but using candle light, and all main businesses took part, Sydney looked black.:)

Hey Narla, lights out in Sydney was a success just saw it on the Sunday Morning show, even the coca cola sign in Kings cross was turned off for the first time since day dot. pubs were still open but using candle light, and all main businesses took part, Sydney looked black.:)

Hey Shaz :)

Yes I saw that about the Coca Cola sign, good job they turned it off- now if everyone would just stop buying the crap LOL
It's really not good for you that stuff.

I will tell you folks what I've made known to the people of my community (yes I'm in Aussie too!)

If you are going to turn your lights off........

!!LOCK UP AND STAY SAFE!!

An hour is an incredibly long time and because this is planned, there will be people out there relishing the thought.

Sami

Hi Sami

We know you are an Aussie lol, no secrets at WS!

Nice to meet you, come and chat in the Jury Room with us sometime :)

lol

I have a daughter in Brunswick who is thinking joining WS:dance:

Hi all,

I'm in Greensborough but moving out north a little in a few months :)

Amazing where we Aussies find each other, hey!

Kez :)

Hey Shaz :)

Yes I saw that about the Coca Cola sign, good job they turned it off- now if everyone would just stop buying the crap LOL
It's really not good for you that stuff.
I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke, thats not to bad, but now I drink pepsi max, couldnt drink Coke made be hypo and put on weight, I think that was when my sleeping problems started too.

Thanks Shaz, I hadnt heard, missed all the news yesterday.

At least they have her body now.
Yes it is a sad story and I really feel for the family. But now they can put her to rest and try as hard as it is going to be to move forward. Hugs and kisses.:blowkiss:

Such a pretty little girl with so much talent....very sad:(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6