Lindsay Lohan also admits she is gay...

My oldest son is gay. I know, his siblings know, but he's afraid to tell his father and grandparents.

Hey, Cali!

If I were gay and thought someone in my family might not respond well to such truth, I may not bring it up either. Why give yourself such a headache? Obviously, your son is comfortable to be real with you and that speak volumes about your relationship.

I 100% agree. That someone should be judged by their sexuality is disturbing to me. What difference does it make? It is certainly not something that I take into account when making friends!

Ooooooh I agree with you 100% I have tons of friend that are gay,lesbians and love them dearly. They have been there for our family in our times of need. Very lovely people.

I really don't care that she's gay or bisexual or whatever, that's her business. She is who she is. BUT, why did she pick a girl that looks so much like a fifteen year old boy? LOL. I mean if I were gay I'd be going for someone like Elizabeth Culberth (or whatever her name is) or someone really attractive. Course, maybe Sam is a great person. I don't know that much about her. I didn't even know she existed until she started dating Lindsay Lohan.

The lesbian esthetic is different from the general "straight" esthetic. More "butch-looking" women are considered more attractive than they might be by straight men or women.

I gravitate more toward a "femme" type, but nothing like the looks so many guys go after. I definitely have a wider range of appreciation in weight, coloring, lots of stuff. For example, I'm sure most guys consider my girlfriend to be "fat," a word I friggin' hate. I've been asked how come, since I'm so slim, I'd be with someone "fat." >:-( First of all, she's only fat by the standards people develop from looking at models. (At least this is my opinion.) And second, is a little bigger so unattractive? Not at all to me.

Ronson definitely falls into the butch category, sort of an androgynous boy-girl (like me!), but I include the other example of how the esthetic is very different. To a lot of lesbians, one of the more unattractive types is the Barbie Doll/model type.

Hey, Cali!

If I were gay and thought someone in my family might not respond well to such truth, I may not bring it up either. Why give yourself such a headache? Obviously, your son is comfortable to be real with you and that speak volumes about your relationship.

My daughter has that issue with our family... she is guarded on who she will tell that she has a girlfriend. I had to tell my own mother one time to back off... she had a bug up her butt to confront my daughter on how sinful the gay lifestyle is. I told her that she didn't want to do it... my daughter may be guarded about things, but she won't take people's BS over it.

Whatever LiLo is doing, looks to have had a positive impact on her... she seems more settled and not getting into trouble, now. If her and Sam are happy, then kudos to them!

My oldest son is gay, and I totally support him. He didn't tell me- I sort of guessed, and his siblings know. But he's afraid to tell his father and grandparents.

:blowkiss: to you and your son Cali. I would be fine if my child was gay, but her Dad would probably keel over. I think men are a bit different, like it's a reflection of their manhood? Not all, but...some.

Back to Lindsey, I read an article recently, maybe even just yesterday, where her Dad went off about Sam, calling her evil spawn, saying Lindsey and her career were so much better before Sam showed up, etc. It was so hateful and inappropriate. PLEASE FORGIVE ME for not remembering where I saw it, probably People Magazine link, 'cause that's where I read daily.

Anyhoo - I actually have a point here. This announcement about Linday coming out sounds to me like a dig back at her father for what he said in an interview. I'll go see if I can find it and give you guys a link.

brb...maybe.

Here's part of it:

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/2008/09/24/lindsay-lohan-responds-to-dad-calling-sam-hideous/

Every time Michael Lohan open his mouth he pushes his daughter further and further away.
Once again, daddy bigmouth has gone to the media in an attempt to publicly shame his daughter and her lover, and to place the spotlight on himself. This time he pulled no punches - and they were all low blows.
Earlier this week Michael viciously called Samantha, “dark, hideous and a disgusting representation of humanity.”
He wrote to a paparazzi agency, “I don’t believe that the recent blogs posted by ‘Lindsay’ were written by her” and touted, “There is a lot more to Samantha than meets the eye. Not that what we see is so pleasing anyway. What’s with this ‘person?’ Look at the way she ‘dresses.’
“Once more, she uses her middle finger more than she uses words. Have you ever seen her apartment? For God’s sake, when she runs out of toilet paper she tells people to use the cardboard roll. (I was told this firsthand).”

Lohan's response:

Anyhow, Lindsay is responding to her assh*le father’s accusations, saying this is nothing new. Daddy’s always been a prick..

“My father obviously needs to be on medication to control his moods. He is out of line and his words show how much anger he has, and it’s dangerous and scary as it reminds me of how he treated my mother and I my whole childhood. He needs to be stopped. This is yet another reason why we aren’t speaking.
“I am in a great place in life. I have overcome a lot and have been able to learn how to enjoy and appreciate my life in every way possible. I’m proud of myself for being able to make a change in the past year and a half.
“My past is behind me, and that’s final. There’s nothing more to be said. All the false accusations that people try to make are simply because there’s no story when things are calm and good. But they might as well let it go because their lies don’t affect me anymore. Samantha is not evil, I care for her very much and she’s a wonderful girl. She loves me, as I do her.”

Unlike Clay, who said "I'm gay!" Lindsey has not come out as "gay" at all. She is dating a girl. That doesn't mean she is gay. She has also dated a number of men. She may well be bisexual.

Does this mean I still have a shot at her?

Tapu, I'm not gay and I'd do her given the chance. Her and Natalie Merchant if she'd have me.
:)I love Natalie Merchant.She has one of the most unique voices ever.Her version of Springsteen and Patti Smith's 'Because The Night' is awesome.
I think Id do her over Lindsey Lohan for that alone:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back