Lindsay Lohan in AA

Did it hurt Judy Garland? Marilyn Monroe?

If she gets to the point of Robert Downey Jr., yes, she could lose everything.

The main thing you lose in the end is your life of course.

So it sounds like she acknowledges her friend has a problem, but not herself. But at least supporting her friend might be a start.

The Hollywood actress was as wild as she was successful. But now she has become another victim of binge-drinking culture

The Alchemy Project, which gives advice on treatment for alcohol problems in the UK, said yesterday: "This sends a message that says to young people it is OK to ask for help, that help is available to them and they won't be the first to ask," said John Chamberlain, director of the charity. "I think some young people will react positively to this, and of course others will just say she is a spoiled brat."

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article2035170.ece

I say she is a spoiled brat.

and i think she's thrilled with this latest publicity.

i'm sure she intends to end her life. i think she's miserable as sin.

FFWifey said:
The AA program has a way of sticking with you even if you're not ready to attempt sobriety and work the program. You hear things in the meetings that make a lot of sense or really hit home, and they float around in your mind whether you want them to or not. Look at Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith. The Toxic Twins have been clean and sober for a long time. I'm sure it was a hard start, but for them it worked. Maybe that will happen for Lindsey Lohan.
so true- many AA members will say that after they join and even when they relapse, it intereferes with their drinking-they know they are being destructive even though they go ahead and play it out..denial is the maasive psychological demon with alcoholism..it is never broken through in a linear fashion, rather its a spiral and people go in and out of levels of acceptance that they can never drink again, one day at a time..

michelle said:
I hope she gets the help she needs. I did love her in the Parent Trap. There is hope for Lindsay. She needs to pick new friends though. :twocents:
I loved her in Parent Trap too! She was so cute and a good little actress way back then.

Masterj said:
I think it is great if Lindsay is attending AA meetings to support her friend. However, knowing how much she likes to get her name in the paper and the way she manipulates the media, I really don't think that is what she is doing. I think she knew exactly what she was doing when she started prominently displaying the AA coins. She knew the paparazzi would capture the sobriety coins and that the gossip columns would talk about them. While she may be supporting her friend, I find her actions nothing but another pathetic and selfish attempt to manipulate the media. Her partying has not stopped at all, and her mother claiming that it has is equally pathetic and selfish. Lindsay's behavior is effecting her professional reputation and her mom certainly does not want Lindsay's money train to stop.

there was a piece on some show the other day where LL's mother said "yes" LL is going to AA meetings...she also said that LL has a lot of friends in AA....

i'm with you 100% on this MJ....her AND her mother manipulates the media...i won't be surprised if we hear of LL found dead in some hotel, in the near future....i think her & her mother are pathetic...

newtv said:
so true- many AA members will say that after they join and even when they relapse, it intereferes with their drinking-they know they are being destructive even though they go ahead and play it out..denial is the maasive psychological demon with alcoholism..it is never broken through in a linear fashion, rather its a spiral and people go in and out of levels of acceptance that they can never drink again, one day at a time..

That's very true. Relapses are normal, and you have to have a sponsor and stick with it. It takes all kinds of strength and family and friend support; and very difficult to do if you keep going to parties where all your friends are drinking and so forth...

You have to change your entire way of living, what you focus on, and what gives you gratification in life. few teenagers have this kind of spirituality; hence if she hasn't killed herself by 30-something, she might be smart enough to get motivated.

I think Lohan is a talented actress and a pretty girl and i hope she can get the help she needs before she ruins her career.

Her letter about the death of Robert Altman was almost uncomfortable to read and I feel badly that she has been raked over the coals about it. From what I understand, she was very close with Altman, who took Lindsey under his wing and acted as a father figure toward her. It is clear this troubled young woman is in desperate need of a role model - an adult who truly cares about her well-being and who is not afraid to tell her she is headed down a very dangerous path. If Altman served that role for Lohan, his death must have been very devastating to her. Unfortunately, I think she will need to hit rock bottom before she realizes just how much harm she is doing to herself and her career. I hope she can pull it together and stop hanging around with people who are such bad influences on her. While she has been in a bunch of movies recently, she has not had a box office hit since Mean Girls. Sooner or later the offers of roles are going to diminish, as who wants to hire someone who is known as a professional liability. We all know the bottom line in Hollywood is money. They aren't going to keep paying her so much if she isn't bringing in a return.

That said, I think she is a very talented actress and could go really far in her career if she cared about herself more.

Masterj said:
Her letter about the death of Robert Altman was almost uncomfortable to read and I feel badly that she has been raked over the coals about it. From what I understand, she was very close with Altman, who took Lindsey under his wing and acted as a father figure toward her. It is clear this troubled young woman is in desperate need of a role model - an adult who truly cares about her well-being and who is not afraid to tell her she is headed down a very dangerous path. If Altman served that role for Lohan, his death must have been very devastating to her. Unfortunately, I think she will need to hit rock bottom before she realizes just how much harm she is doing to herself and her career. I hope she can pull it together and stop hanging around with people who are such bad influences on her. While she has been in a bunch of movies recently, she has not had a box office hit since Mean Girls. Sooner or later the offers of roles are going to diminish, as who wants to hire someone who is known as a professional liability. We all know the bottom line in Hollywood is money. They aren't going to keep paying her so much if she isn't bringing in a return.

That said, I think she is a very talented actress and could go really far in her career if she cared about herself more.
Masterj, do you know how this letter got out? I don't think the Altman family would release it...would her publicist? It is uncomfortable to read..like I said, she needs an editor. I agree that she is very talented and I can see her doing meaningful adult roles as well. I wish she didn't feel the need to be in the papers all the time. Paris Hilton is not a good mentor.

ljwf22 said:
Did anyone read her condolence note to Robert Altman's family? It's very bizarre. She definitely needs an editor as well as a parent. She signs off with "Be adequate".......

Link:http://people.monstersandcritics.com/article_1225293.php

Shows a "little girl" mentality who definitely cannot write too well. (she was referring to the"twelfth book,I assume that's the twelfth step".

So she must be attending some AA meetings; but sounds like she could have been a little sauced when she wrote the letter.

This is what often happens when youngsters go to "acting school", rather than complete regular school. They skip not only part of their childhood and upbringing, but part of their education.

It's not worth all the money, IMO.

michelle said:
Oh God where is Narla, she would rip that not apart, lol!!! :D
she was last seen ripping apart things on the Gwyneth thread lol. just joking of course Narla, now i know why they call you Snarla.

2sisters said:
she was last seen ripping apart things on the Gwyneth thread lol. just joking of course Narla, now i know why they call you Snarla.
Funny 2sisters :D

Hey I love jokes, even at my expense lol.

I got held up on the Paltrow thread, ripping it up :p

Michelle, I've already been in this thread ripping into Lohan, you miss it??

michelle said:
Oh God where is Narla, she would rip that not apart, lol!!! :D
Hahaha, funny.

I read a bit of that letter somewhere else, reminded me of me writing letters in a drug induced haze and I actually felt a bit sorry for the silly girl.

She should lift her game, she can do better....I have more hope for her than Brits or Paris...

narlacat said:
She should lift her game, she can do better....I have more hope for her than Brits or Paris...
Oh me too. I swear these girls now days I dont know what is wrong with them. :confused:

2sisters said:
Isnt she funny, she is what we American's call "Feisty" or "Spunky".:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back