Lisa has been Missing for 6 Months now

I think there will always be people who remember Lisa, but I wouldn't use JonBenet and Caylee as "proof" that the case will still be discussed years later. Those cases are more like outliers, than representing the average case. I don't think there's been enough information released to sustain discussion for years. And when you consider that this case's media "prime" has passed (unless it goes to trial), the chance that we will get significantly more information than we have now is slim. I hope I'm wrong but I would be very surprised if there are entire forums to discuss Lisa's case in 16 years (ala JonBenet). It just doesn't strike me as the type of case that survives the test of time that well.

:seeya: Yes, you make some good points ... maybe I should have used another case that is more "comparable" with respect to coverage, etc. ...

I guess what I was trying to do was make a point that some cases are discussed for years and years and years because of NO justice ...

BBM: That is a good point : It seems like lately though, most of the cases I follow anyway, very little info is released ... and it's always the same blah blah blah ... "not wanting to compromise the investigation" ... So what then is there to discuss, but "speculation" ?

And yes, the coverage with respect to Lisa's case has "faded" down to virtually nothing ... just like many others ...

But I will keep checking here for Lisa, for Kyron, for Hailey, for Ayla, and many others in the hopes that they are FOUND and their cases solved ...

:moo:

She may feel she is a celebrity and doesn't do 'Appearances" w/o being paid.

Thanks....:floorlaugh:

I will never forget how elated and excited she was about appearing on Dr. Phil making sure we all tuned in for all the new information she was going to talk about...

Yeah, really loved her "new" information. Shame, shame, shame!

:seeya: Yes, you make some good points ... maybe I should have used another case that is more "comparable" with respect to coverage, etc. ...

I guess what I was trying to do was make a point that some cases are discussed for years and years and years because of NO justice ...

BBM: That is a good point : It seems like lately though, most of the cases I follow anyway, very little info is released ... and it's always the same blah blah blah ... "not wanting to compromise the investigation" ... So what then is there to discuss, but "speculation" ?

And yes, the coverage with respect to Lisa's case has "faded" down to virtually nothing ... just like many others ...

But I will keep checking here for Lisa, for Kyron, for Hailey, for Ayla, and many others in the hopes that they are FOUND and their cases solved ...

I know you will, you are a hero. Thanks for being the wonderful person that you are. :loveyou:

The Sabrina Aisenberg case might be more comparable. Not only in the circumstances, but also in the media coverage. Sabrina's case received regular national coverage for about a month or two. It still pops up in the national media, but not very often. Not often enough that the general public still knows her name. But people who follow these stories remember Sabrina, and I know we will always remember Lisa. I don't think Lisa's case will ever fade into complete oblivion, but it's realistic that it will lose some of its notoriety and recognition as the years go by.

The biggest reason why I am skeptical that there will still be discussions about the high-profile cases of today in 10+ years is because I don't think we have enough information about them. When an active case starts moving at a snail's pace, people comment that there's nothing else to talk about. But for most of these cases, you probably know 99% of what you will ever know about them.

It's unfortunate because when the case first broke, it did feel like it could be one of those cases that gets that the media follows for years. It was getting massive national coverage, even the cover of People magazine, so the fact that just two months later, it had completely faded from the national spotlight, is unsettling. If you remember, a lot of people had some grandiose predictions about how huge this case was going to become, just because of how the media was covering it back in October. I'm not sure what exactly happened. It's like the media ran off to cover the Jerry Sandusky story, and just never came back to this one.

So this is something I've been thinking about recently: Deborah is only 5-6 years older than me, but it's crazy how different our lifestyles are. I'm on my computer in my dorm at college. She's pretty much been married twice, and is the mother of two children; the stepmother to one chid. And two of those kids are school-aged. Now I only know one girl who got pregnant in HS, and only one girl who's gotten pregnant since I graduated (2010), so I'm not used to people already having a family at a very young age...but her life seems to be the life you would have in your 30's. Or at least older than 25.

Then when I think about Deborah passing out from the wine...it's obvious that although she might have more responsibilities than the average 25-year-old...she was still pretty immature. HELLO Deborah...you have three children. You can't be getting wasted. And there's no doubt in my mind that she chose this specific lifestyle at this young of an age. Well, maybe she didn't plan on being married twice...but I definitely think she wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, have kids, be married very, very young. Whatever floats her boat....It's definitely not how I see myself at 25....but if you are going to live this life, you need to drop the whole early-mid 20's mentality.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back