LISK Moved to the Parking Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoSueMe

Former Member
Reaction score
We have decided to move the LISK forum to our private area, The Parking Lot. This area is for members only.

We'd like to remind our members of our rules concerning copyright infringement:

No other permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the content contained on this web site.

Anyone reproducing posts from Websleuths to other areas of the Internet will be subject to a BAN.

what is a parking lot? Is it like a V.I.P. area in a dance club? Only special members get in? Because someone emailed me and brought it to my attention that an ex member of WS made a blog page and is copying and pasting actual posts from WS and making these posts not only public on this blog page, but making up comments on these posts.

Isn't that a real waste of one's time to do such things? I have looked at the blog and its egregiously vulgar in its content. The content is abrasively rude and the wording is like a bad trash mouthing uneducated nit wit. The current contents of the blog page are very up to date with what is on WS (PS149's copyright), so since that MM7 is no longer ON websleuths, how did that person manage to copy and post material from Websleuths just yesterday?

There appear to be a handful of posters from WS, along with their name that they use on WS, that are posting on that woman's blogpage. If it IS the actual posters from WS, then that is a very sad commentary on your integrity, but if it is NOT the actual posters from WS, and your name is being used, then it is fraud and intent to defraud and using one's name to say defamatory and derogatory things. She has used my posting name and I have NOT posted on that site.

So, SUEME, what is the legal ramification of an ex poster, using my name in particular, and posting things while using my name, when it is not me? It's fraud, but what else is it? Is it actual defamation since I have not posted on her site?

There are no legal ramifications since your avatar is only you when on WS. The same name of another site could be anyone else.

The Parking Lot is an area where we 'park' threads and forums to remove them from public view. There are many reasons why we may chose to move a case to the Parking Lot.

In this particular case, we have chosen to move the LISK forum to the Parking Lot in order to prevent other sites from reproducing our content and posting it on their site. The Parking Lot is a "members only" area, so if the content continues to appear elsewhere, we can better track the member violating our copyright infringement rule.

So, SUEME, what is the legal ramification of an ex poster, using my name in particular, and posting things while using my name, when it is not me? It's fraud, but what else is it? Is it actual defamation since I have not posted on her site?

What is it? It's malicious and in extremely bad taste, that's what it is.

I am not an attorney, so I can't speak as to the legal ramifications of defamation or the vicious accusations and miss truths blogged by others. However, I do believe Tugela is correct in that a user name has little recourse. Now if someone is using your real name, I would think it might be worthwhile to seek the advice of counsel.

Members, please realize the more attention given to these type of individuals is just feeding the frenzy. It is our recommendation that the site be ignored and no attention be given to it. As you can see, the accusations and ramblings are ludicrous, to the point I have been named as the LISK's wife.

Our goal here is to keep the focus on the victims of the Long Island serial killer. Members in this forum have presented some of the best sleuthing on Websleuths.

Please, let's keep the focus where it belongs.

The Parking Lot is an area where we 'park' threads and forums to remove them from public view. There are many reasons why we may chose to move a case to the Parking Lot.

In this particular case, we have chosen to move the LISK forum to the Parking Lot in order to prevent other sites from reproducing our content and posting it on their site. The Parking Lot is a "members only" area, so if the content continues to appear elsewhere, we can better track the member violating our copyright infringement rule.

What is it? It's malicious and in extremely bad taste, that's what it is.

I am not an attorney, so I can't speak as to the legal ramifications of defamation or the vicious accusations and miss truths blogged by others. However, I do believe Tugela is correct in that a user name has little recourse. Now if someone is using your real name, I would think it might be worthwhile to seek the advice of counsel.

Members, please realize the more attention given to these type of individuals is just feeding the frenzy. It is our recommendation that the site be ignored and no attention be given to it. As you can see, the accusations and ramblings are ludicrous, to the point I have been named as the LISK's wife.

Our goal here is to keep the focus on the victims of the Long Island serial killer. Members in this forum have presented some of the best sleuthing on Websleuths.

Please, let's keep the focus where it belongs.

ok thank you for your answer.

The longer one is a member of WS, the more one understands why the TOS are what they are.

This thread is closed for now.

Spamming threads with off topic (OT) posts is rude to your fellow members. It's also against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member