List of New and Old charges against Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is getting a little silly. I realize Casey must be charged for stealing Amy's money, but for the love of God, how important is it to keep adding charges on top of charges for something she's probably gonna get a handslap for anyway? They've got much bigger fish to fry!!

I am getting seriously worried they don't have as much evidence as we've been led to believe. I just don't know what to think or believe anymore.

Thirteen total.....and I'm assuming that doesn't include what was done with the grandparents' money or Cindy's CC.

This young woman must have been in desperate need for money.
As much as I 'think' I need right now, I do realize the difference between my needs and wants.
So even in my need column, I can't even come close to having to have that much money right now.
I know I'm not making sense but what in the world.....I mean, just thinking out loud here...but what in the world does someone who lives at home, has a car, has car insurance, food and all general needs paid for her... how much money could she possibly need?
As I said, must have been desperate times. *shaking head*

the SA filed the charges on the 3 charges the police arrested her on last week. That's all it is.

The LE tactic of filing each financial transaction separately is a HUGE message from LE to Gen Y.

LE has not charged auto theft, correct? It was the topic of CA's first 911 call. Interesting.

the more charges the more pressure on her perhaps? How many checks did she forge? maybe the bank has separate counts from Amy? I really don't know how this works, if someone could explain the process TIA.

Not a legal expert here...but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express one time...

In some jurisdictions, if you have previous convictions (particularly felony) then in any following felony charges, the sentence is upped to the next level. This would mean, for example, if she catches a 3rd degree felony forgery conviction and then is convicted of 3rd degree child neglect, she would be sentenced at the higher, 2nd degree felony on the child neglect charge. (Worse punishment.) Then, if they can only realistically charge her with voluntary manslaughter in the death of her daughter, she would already have two felony convictions and the sentencing could be bumped up a level from the manslaughter to a murder. They wouldn't have to prove murder so would be more likely to get a conviction but the sentencing would be harsher.

I don't know if it works this way in Florida, but my guess is that it does. I can look into it. The short version is that they can get a harsher sentence for a lesser crime because of previous felony convictions.

Also everyone needs to keep in mind the way check fraud charges work. Each check written and each time ID is presented, it is a new charge. That being said, the charges have to be pressed by the person/organization that received the fraudulent check. So, point being, when you are dealing with multiple merchants, due to the various levels of bureaucracy at any one retailer, the staggered charges could be just because another retailer has finally involved their legal department and they have finally finished completing the necessary paperwork.

More than likely this is not any game the police are playing and they would rather probably not deal with it piecemeal, rather, as each claim is processed and investigated, the process begins anew for Casey. Because you have all different plaintiffs, there are many parties involved and it takes time. Just something to keep in mind.

Also everyone needs to keep in mind the way check fraud charges work. Each check written and each time ID is presented, it is a new charge. That being said, the charges have to be pressed by the person/organization that received the fraudulent check. So, point being, when you are dealing with multiple merchants, due to the various levels of bureaucracy at any one retailer, the staggered charges could be just because another retailer has finally involved their legal department and they have finally finished completing the necessary paperwork.

More than likely this is not any game the police are playing and they would rather probably not deal with it piecemeal, rather, as each claim is processed and investigated, the process begins anew for Casey. Because you have all different plaintiffs, there are many parties involved and it takes time. Just something to keep in mind.

Good post to read. It doesn't seem to be realized that it is NOT Amy H. pressing the charges now but rather, as you wrote, the individual institutions/merchants. They are not on the phone collaborating with each other on when to file charges against Casey. They individually present the paperwork to LE at which point LE files charges against Casey. The amount/activity determines the level of charge and the level of the charge determines LE's response.

In everyday LE life it happens all the time and it is not harrassment. It's usually not as public as this and most people usually don't care.

In some jurisdictions, if you have previous convictions (particularly felony) then in any following felony charges, the sentence is upped to the next level. This would mean, for example, if she catches a 3rd degree felony forgery conviction and then is convicted of 3rd degree child neglect, she would be sentenced at the higher, 2nd degree felony on the child neglect charge. (Worse punishment.) Then, if they can only realistically charge her with voluntary manslaughter in the death of her daughter, she would already have two felony convictions and the sentencing could be bumped up a level from the manslaughter to a murder. They wouldn't have to prove murder so would be more likely to get a conviction but the sentencing would be harsher.

I don't know if it works this way in Florida, but my guess is that it does. I can look into it. The short version is that they can get a harsher sentence for a lesser crime because of previous felony convictions.

in Florida their punishment is determined by their score sheet. They add the charges up, add in any previous convictions for felonies, divide them by a percentage and come up with the total minimum and maximum sentence. Please note that she may very well plead out to some or all of the check charges and the state can dismiss the other charges, some or all. However they can also take their chances and make a plea to the bench too. Then who knows, the Judge can go with the states offer or give his own sentence, less than the state's offer or more.

I also thought I heard that FL was a three strikes, you are out state...

not positive

Thanks for the laugh!

I understand now how it works but if LE came out and said, "We're just doing it for funsies..." it would be alright with me too!

Eva

What I want to know is.....

Does Amy get her money back?

BeagleMom

Will KC be rearrested on the latest charges - I'm confused between does formally filing addt'l charges mean she gets rearrested.

Here is a thread from last year where we discussed the check fraud charges against kc. The defense just filed a motion that kc was overcharged. I found quite a few explanations on this thread of why these charges happened. My what a difference a year can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph