LIST Questions & Answers #8 LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am such a putz that I over-simplify. I just cannot get it through my head why the prosecution can't insist that Casey be put on the stand. She, by all indications, was the last known person with Caylee. I just googled "Casey Anthony 'I took Caylee'" ~ and I got 43,800 hits. They were all lies ~ they all ended with "to Sawgrass Apartments." But the prosecution can clearly disprove that. Casey even admitted later it was a lie. So why, oh why can't they put her on the stand to answer to that? Self incrimination? So what's so wrong with that if it's the truth? I can't understand why being defenseless because your truth is incriminating should equate to being not guilty. The truth and finding the truth seems like it should be the first order of the court but it seems like our legal system ties its own hands bending over backwards to try to protect personal rights. Why isn't truth seeking in criminal offenses held a higher priority than individual rights when we know that these two objectives are in opposition. We, as a people, act for the rights of the people in so many other instances (How many items of clothing did you have to remove before your last flight?). And yet it's one on one in murder cases like this where it feels like to me that the rights of the defendant are held in higher esteem than the rights of the victim.

Why, why must Casey be allowed to stand mute when the public and Caylee cry for answers?

The truth and finding the truth seems like it should be the first order of the court but it seems like our legal system ties its own hands bending over backwards to try to protect personal rights. Why isn't truth seeking in criminal offenses held a higher priority than individual rights when we know that these two objectives are in opposition. We, as a people, act for the rights of the people in so many other instances?
*snipped*
Understand the frustration, EU.

U.S. system of justice is built on the premise that it is better to set a guilty person free than to imprison an innocent person. It can be frustrating...but if you have to err one way or the other...I'll take it.

I am such a putz that I over-simplify. I just cannot get it through my head why the prosecution can't insist that Casey be put on the stand. She, by all indications, was the last known person with Caylee. I just googled "Casey Anthony 'I took Caylee'" ~ and I got 43,800 hits. They were all lies ~ they all ended with "to Sawgrass Apartments." But the prosecution can clearly disprove that. Casey even admitted later it was a lie. So why, oh why can't they put her on the stand to answer to that? Self incrimination? So what's so wrong with that if it's the truth? I can't understand why being defenseless because your truth is incriminating should equate to being not guilty. The truth and finding the truth seems like it should be the first order of the court but it seems like our legal system ties its own hands bending over backwards to try to protect personal rights. Why isn't truth seeking in criminal offenses held a higher priority than individual rights when we know that these two objectives are in opposition. We, as a people, act for the rights of the people in so many other instances (How many items of clothing did you have to remove before your last flight?). And yet it's one on one in murder cases like this where it feels like to me that the rights of the defendant are held in higher esteem than the rights of the victim.

Why, why must Casey be allowed to stand mute when the public and Caylee cry for answers?

Once the police read the "Miranda Warning" to Casey, Casey can remain silent FOREVER!

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_warning[/ame]

Am I correct in thinking that we'll be getting a big document dump tomorrow??? If so, can someone call Muzikman and tell him to get his sneakers on:deal::takeoff::read::bud::hen::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Am I correct in thinking that we'll be getting a big document dump tomorrow??? If so, can someone call Muzikman and tell him to get his sneakers on:deal::takeoff::read::bud::hen::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

It does appear that way -"Anthony Book To Be Released; More Documents On Way"

"A spokeswoman for state attorney Lawson Lamar said the office anticipates releasing between 1,000 and 2,000 pages of material Tuesday morning."
http://www.wesh.com/money/21134931/detail.html

I imagine it will take all morning to release the actual documents, they are slow to be posted.

I haven't kept up with the case as much as I did in the beginning. I was just reviewing the new doc dump and saw the part about the fetal postion stain then read that there was no dna in the stain. So my question is is the only evidence that they have that a dead body was ever in the trunk was the deathband hair and the smell? I guess I'm just getting worried about not enough evidence? I have to wonder what brought the DP back?

While putting in my sig today I wondered if KCs psych evaluation that was ordered before she got released on bond would be admissible in the trial. I'm somewhat familiar with HIPPA laws, but I wasn't sure if it would be brought up.

I wanted to ask in one of the psych threads, but it looks like the last one was closed. So I wasn't sure if we were allowed to start a new one or what.

Although KC said that they showed nothing was wrong with her (can't remember her exact words) .. obviously we can't trust a thing she says. I'm dying to see her diagnosis.

no worries here for me about not having enough evidence.

no nanny

no defense

lock her up

I did a search but came up blank. I continue to read that CA saw a counselor who advised her to seek custody of Caylee. Did LE/FBI/SA confirm this actually did happen? I know we discussed it in many a thread, but I haven't seen any released documentation that states CA was seen by a licensed counselor. Yep, I know about the HIPPA laws, but still I haven't read anything about it in the docs. Other than CA telling others she did and we know CA isn't exactly forth coming with truths.

I did a search but came up blank. I continue to read that CA saw a counselor who advised her to seek custody of Caylee. Did LE/FBI/SA confirm this actually did happen? I know we discussed it in many a thread, but I haven't seen any released documentation that states CA was seen by a licensed counselor. Yep, I know about the HIPPA laws, but still I haven't read anything about it in the docs. Other than CA telling others she did and we know CA isn't exactly forth coming with truths.

Hey Count! The only place I've seen reference to that is by Debbie P., CA's supervisor, in a narrative summary of her interview. We have not seen her interview with LE yet. Also, I think SP may have mentioned something in her e-mails.

Link to narrative: http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530509.pdf

Starts at the bottom of hand numbered page 3066

Hey Count! The only place I've seen reference to that is by Debbie P., CA's supervisor, in a narrative summary of her interview. We have not seen her interview with LE yet. Also, I think SP may have mentioned something in her e-mails.

Link to narrative: http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530509.pdf

Starts at the bottom of hand numbered page 3066

Thanks CW, I read that too, but it was based on what CA told her. I also read the SP interview and again, it's CA telling the story about the counselor. Typical of CA.

Casey Anthony took a roll of duct tape (without notice or permission) from her BFF. I tried to follow the trail of this duct tape but the last information I read on the subj. was that that tape was never recovered. Any update on this?

I'm confused about this... We haven't seen anything about prints in the docs or am I missing something??? How is she referencing prints? How does she know they have them? OR are there some docs that aren't getting passed to the public?

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFil...ommunications with Law Enforcement, et al.PDF

Page 21 of 91 of the “Renewed Motion to Compel Bench Note..”

Section 19 a Ms. LKB is asking for specific latent print information on 18 prints and 8 areas of prints.

I'm confused about this... We haven't seen anything about prints in the docs or am I missing something??? How is she referencing prints? How does she know they have them? OR are there some docs that aren't getting passed to the public?

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFil...ommunications with Law Enforcement, et al.PDF

Page 21 of 91 of the “Renewed Motion to Compel Bench Note..”

Section 19 a Ms. LKB is asking for specific latent print information on 18 prints and 8 areas of prints.

Well I often wondered myself to what prints did they compare LA,CA, and GA's prints to begin with KWIM they must have a sample print HTH

Well I often wondered myself to what prints did they compare LA,CA, and GA's prints to begin with KWIM they must have a sample print HTH

The FBI report did not say LA, CA and GA's prints were compared to anything. It said there were NO latent prints found at all.

I just posted links on this in the "heart sticker" thread.

oops didn't see the "latent" bit. I was refering to prints in general.
Apologies AZ

as always MOO

I have a question about the whole mixed up timeline - If GA insists he saw Caylee and KC on 6/16 - the day after Father's Day - what places KC back at the residence on the night of 6/15? IIRC CA talked about the whole "ate Chili at her mom's and came home and went swimming with Caylee". At what point did loving daughter KC come home to spend time with her Dad on Father's Day?? Did she give him a present? Did she hug him? Did she buy him a card? There is NO talk about any of that whatsoever? Am I right?
I guess I'm just thinking about how his entire story is blown to hell and back, especially with the eyewitness placing KC and Caylee in his store on the 16th around noon. Not that I ever believe GA's story anyway.

Can someone direct me to where all the photos of Caylee and the evidence are located? I have checked the stickies and only found 6 pages of photos. I am looking for a photo of Caylee wearing a shirt with what looks like a marijuana leaf (it is not) on the front. She has on lots of beads, sunglasses and a pair of red sandles/thongs with heart on top front. Anyone know where I might find this photo? I saw that photo on this forum when I was lurking and saved it but had a pc crash and cannot find it here or on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph