"Listen Carefully"...

Okay, now I have to disagree with you on that. It was fake...the Boulder Police and FBI agree with me. A REAL kidnapper that leaves RN, actually takes the child from the home...hence the reason for a ransom note, to ask for money in return for the child. Why leave the note, if the child is dead in the basement?

You misunderstood me.

That is exactly what I am staying... The letter was fake and IT WAS NOT a real kidnapper.

Yes, I think too the person was thinking about what he/she heard on TV.

I do believe that some of the RN was quotes from different movies, but imo, listen carefully...isn't one of them.

You misunderstood me.

That is exactly what I am staying... The letter was fake and IT WAS NOT a real kidnapper.

DUH, I went back and read it again. Yes, I did misunderstand. Sorry about that. I guess that we are even now...LOL

I do believe that some of the RN was quotes from different movies, but imo, listen carefully...isn't one of them.

Or..... maybe "Listen carefully" is a line from a "small, foreign" movie? LOL

Movies, books.... the RN seems to contain a lot of cliches that you wouldn't expect a REAL kidnapper or criminal to use.... it sounds too amateurish & more like some second rate satire than a serious message.

Or..... maybe "Listen carefully" is a line from a "small, foreign" movie? LOL

Movies, books.... the RN seems to contain a lot of cliches that you wouldn't expect a REAL kidnapper or criminal to use.... it sounds too amateurish & more like some second rate satire than a serious message.

I agree!

LOL..yeah, maybe "listen carefully" is a line from a "small, foreign" movie! LOL that's funny!

I still can just imagine a panicky Patsy...and a more than P'd off John (he couldn't have been TOO happy with Patsy at this time, because he had just found out that she flew into a rage and harmed their daughter), sitting at the table getting ready to write the RN, being dictated by John. And he says...in a very upset tone...."Listen carefully!" (notice that it has an exclamation mark (that's because John was VERY upset..imo)...and then begins to dictate the note. Patsy...being upset and panicky..and afraid that her butt is going to jail...writes the words down, exactly as John says them..."Listen carefully!", thinking that its part of the RN dictation, but in reality...they are instructions for her. This is the only thing that makes sense. Why would you write..."LISTEN carefully!" in a note?

People can only go by what they THINK a crime scene looks like, and for most people, that means TVLand.

People can only go by what they THINK a crime scene looks like, and for most people, that means TVLand.

Yes, and you are so right. I saw a doc on such a thing and one of the detectives said anyone's idea of a crime scene can never compare to what actually happened there. JonBenet had to have been terrified at some point. Terrified. But I think she went unconscious very quickly.

I hope it's okay to give a link to this website. Here's a list of the movie comparisons to phrases in the ransom note. There's several "listen carefully", but most seem to have been done by phone call.

http://jonbenetramsey.pbwiki.com/Movie+Comparisons

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see ANY that had "listen carefully" WRITTEN in a ransom note. You would say listen carefully, if you were actually speaking to someone.

No, I meant...in the movie "Dirty Harry". It was suggested that the words LISTEN CAREFULLY came from the movie "Dirty Harry". I was wondering if in the MOVIE, there was a ransom note with those words, or were the words spoken. If they were spoken, then there would be no connection to the movie "Dirty Harry" and the Ramsey's ransom note. The words "listen carefully" when spoken...is not odd. I say it alot when giving my kids instructions, but I would never write the words. How do you LISTEN to a note? You don't....you read a note...you listen to someone when they are speaking.
Ressurecting an old thread. I watched one of my all time favorite movies, Dirty Harry, last night.

When it gets to the part where the 14 year old girl has been kidnapped and is supposedly buried with only enough oxygen to last her until 3 am, the kidnapper, "Scorpio" has demanded a ransom. Harry is delivering the cash. In Scorpio's phone calls to DH (at a phone booth), the words he uses are chillingly like the Ramsey RN. He says things like "if I see anyone follow you, she dies. If you talk to anyone, she dies. If I see you so much as talk to a pekingese peeing on a pole, she dies. " He finishes by saying "I hope you're not stupid" (sort of like "don't grow a brain"....) later, after DH rides the bus from one phone booth to another as per Scorpio's instructions, in the next phone call Scorpio says to DH "You sound like you had a good rest. You'll need it" :eek:

I have always known the RN is a lame attempt to sound like a kidnapping was intended, but this just blew me away....the source of the RN "verbage"....

imho

Ressurecting an old thread. I watched one of my all time favorite movies, Dirty Harry, last night.

When it gets to the part where the 14 year old girl has been kidnapped and is supposedly buried with only enough oxygen to last her until 3 am, the kidnapper, "Scorpio" has demanded a ransom. Harry is delivering the cash. In Scorpio's phone calls to DH (at a phone booth), the words he uses are chillingly like the Ramsey RN. He says things like "if I see anyone follow you, she dies. If you talk to anyone, she dies. If I see you so much as talk to a pekingese peeing on a pole, she dies. " He finishes by saying "I hope you're not stupid" (sort of like "don't grow a brain"....) later, after DH rides the bus from one phone booth to another as per Scorpio's instructions, in the next phone call Scorpio says to DH "You sound like you had a good rest. You'll need it" :eek:

I have always known the RN is a lame attempt to sound like a kidnapping was intended, but this just blew me away....the source of the RN "verbage"....

imho

And wasn't it said that Dirty Harry played on tv in Boulder shortly before JB was murdered? (Or was that the movie Ransom???)

I thought it was interesting that the R's said that they didn't watch tv or read tabloid news and that the general public knew more about JB's case when something happened than they did. They even said that they chose to turn their cable off after the move to Atlanta. Yet, they were constantly upset over something in the tabloids and recounted word for word what various people said on tv and Patsy even called into Larry King to discuss the paps invading their privacy when Princess Di died. Personally, I think that they were just trying to distance themselves from anything that could connect them to the crime such as the lines from movies used in the ransom note.

That's kind of funny now that I think about it.

Up there with "I state your name State your name..."

LOL

There was a movie on that night called Nick of Time about a cop who kidnaps a 6 year old. One of the friends watched it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back