Live cams across Washington DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved that I did not see a single misspelled sign :) unlike some gatherings of rallies for Trump all year :)

Really? Is this supposed to be funny? So because someone spells something wrong their voice and opinion aren't as valid as yours, or they aren't as smart as those marching yesterday? Last time I checked we are all human regardless of what our political beliefs are and regardless of our spelling/grammar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish folks would give this new administration a chance.

Elley Mae,

I was ready to give it a chance and I still hope the best for our country. My hopes, however, were dealt a large blow when cabinet choices were announced and later, when I heard an inauguration speech that was divisive rather than even minimally unifying. So, at this point, I don't feel like I can afford to wait to "give it a chance." I have to do whatever I can while still hoping for the best.

My neighbor voted from him, big Republican big Trump fan. Her son lives in a rural area of California and is working poor and he and his family are on Medi-Cal (Medicaid). When I told her that Medi-Cal for families was an extension of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, she refused to believe me, still doesn't believe me. Says Obamacare was for those not working.. Tried to tell her that prior to the ACA, only single parents and disabled got Medi-Cal. So how informed was she about what the election issues were?

I believe I was extremely informed about the issues this election. I'm a registered democrat who voted for Obama twice. voted for Trump this election and did not come to that decision easily. My vote is not any more or less important than the person in your post or anyone else's. That's the beauty of our process. There are all sorts of voters who pick their candidate for any number of reasons. At least this person voted unlike so many in our country.

I actually hope they keep it up. Their antics have gotten us:

Federal

President/VP
House 239-192
Senate 51-47

State

33 Governors
31 Lieutenant Governors
31 Sec of State
68 of 99 state legislative chambers

And SCOTUS for a generation :)

Honestly, for years I have heard lots of people complain about the do nothing government. The day he walked down those stairs and announced he was running for prez... I knew he would win. It needs a fresh person at the helm and not a politician. I hoped for the best back in 2008 and wanted to see him succeed, we'll see what happens this time. I hope this one the best as well.

eta I wish they would pass term limits as well. No big government employee( both sides of the aisle) should be in for life.

Honestly, for years I have heard lots of people complain about the do nothing government. The day he walked down those stairs and announced he was running for prez... I knew he would win. It needs a fresh person at the helm and not a politician. I hoped for the best back in 2008 and wanted to see him succeed, we'll see what happens this time. I hope this one the best as well.

Yup. When I said "their antics" I was not referring to just the Dems. His speech at the swearing in was a well deserved *advertiser censored** whuppin to darn near every politician we've elected for decades. I loved every minute of it and LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

I believe I was extremely informed about the issues this election. I'm a registered democrat who voted for Obama twice. voted for Trump this election and did not come to that decision easily. My vote is not any more or less important than the person in your post or anyone else's. That's the beauty of our process. There are all sorts of voters who pick their candidate for any number of reasons. At least this person voted unlike so many in our country.

The last time I got a new DL I changed my affiliation from republican to independent.( told the lady I was tired of being labeled, she laughed) I was one that the polls couldn't gauge. :)

Trump got the votes because Americans believed that anything had to be better than the status quo.

Barack Obama's legacy will be the election of Donald Trump.

Really? Is this supposed to be funny? So because someone spells something wrong their voice and opinion aren't as valid as yours, or they aren't as smart as those marching yesterday? Last time I checked we are all human regardless of what our political beliefs are and regardless of our spelling/grammar.

People who scream for tolerance can sometimes be seen as the most intolerant.

Federal

President/VP
House 239-192
Senate 51-47

State

33 Governors
31 Lieutenant Governors
31 Sec of State

This is what baffles me. I don't see how this is helping. It's alienating many independents and moderate democrats that the party needs in order to win elections. Many of these voters live in the battleground states, not the traditionally republican or democrat states that the pundits call for a candidate the second the polls close. I guess if this is the way the party is going then fine but clearly the message didn't work in the battleground states which Trump won nearly all of.

Trump got the votes because Americans believed that anything had to be better than the status quo.

By far, my favorite post today.

im not concerned about legacies, im concerned about policies.

obama isnt president anymore, hillary clinton isnt in the picture anymore, now it is all about trump and whether he is honest and can be trusted as president, and whether his policies are good for america.

he has already failed on the honest and trustworthy part, we will see how his policies turn out.

im not concerned about legacies, im concerned about policies.

obama isnt president anymore, hillary clinton isnt in the picture anymore, now it is all about trump and whether he is honest and can be trusted as president, and whether his policies are good for america.

he has already failed on the honest and trustworthy part, we will see how his policies turn out.

The word 'honest' and 'politician' don't belong in the same sentence---and they never have.

Federal

President/VP
House 239-192
Senate 51-47

State

33 Governors
31 Lieutenant Governors
31 Sec of State

Also called gerrymandering.

This thread has run off the rails. We don’t do political denates at WS. So now the thread is closed. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname