Local 6 Uncovers New Info in Anthony Case

I really truly have a headache.
We here at Websleuths have basically read every...single...page of released evidence. I wish I could talk to all of the talking heads that are making speculative misinformed comments about this case. I am going to go mad if I hear one more person or lawyer or reporter on the tele wrongly paraphrase the facts or twist the facts or pick and choose what to report out of unreleased evidence of this case in their 15 seconds of paid fame spot!!!!!
Ok I realize that some are very good people but this case is important. It's about Caylee. The people that are misstating the facts of this case need to take the time to educate themselves about this case before they open their mouths. They might not mean to taint the jury pool but they are. And that doesn't equate to Justice for Caylee. And that is the bottom line. Justice for Caylee.

OMG! They're back to Kronk did it?!? I'm just sick of that carp.
That is so wrong on so many levels.

He has not been accused of any wrongdoing - except by JB and CM. All he did was discover little Caylee's remains. They've already put him through hell and now they're starting up again. This time they are saying he tampered with evidence!
I say it's time for Mr. Kronk to file a lawsuit - they are slandering him.
Mr. Morgan . . are you listening?

slan·der
   /ˈslændər/ Show Spelled[slan-der] Show IPA
–noun
defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.
a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.
Law . defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.
–verb (used with object)
to utter slander against; defame.
–verb (used without object)
to utter or circulate slander.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/slander

I don't think the specifics of these releases matter to the Defense.

It is all about headlines, sound bites, teasers and, quick images to taint the future Jury pool.

Headlines such as CBSNews are priceless to the Defense to pre plant seeds of confusion and doubt. Most folks will not see further than the headline or teaser.

It really is frustrating,and it happens all the time,not just Caylee's case and not just one network.
I have been interviewed over the years and both tv and print news have managed to get some important things wrong. They have even put quotation marks around things I did not say.:banghead:
Now I turn down print interviews .It's a shame,because I want to bring attention to my causes ,but I just don't trust the process any more.

That's the great thing about WS and FL Sunshine Laws :rocker:
We don't have to rely on someone elses version .:great:

:clap: Ya, what okie said!
What irks me are the news people who pride themselves on being "investigative" reporters and are really just regurgitating information fed to them by the defense without so much as checking it out ... you know verifying and actually investigating their stories first ... jeeeze :nono:

Respectfully Quoted Websleuthers :tyou:
BBM

ITA. Thank you all.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/26/earlyshow/saturday/main20036784.shtml

Local 6 (stay classy! :thumb: ) Orlando's very own Tony Pipitone has had his exclusive story picked up by his station's big brother, CBS.

And now, reports Tony Pipitone of CBS affiliate WKMG in Orlando, Fla, court documents give hints of the strategy the defense may pursue - trying to discredit the official cause of death and suggesting crucial evidence might have been staged.
(end snip)

"Court documents give hints of the strategy the defense may pursue." This is the news. This is the only information. Here is what the headline should have touted, if spin and taint were not intended. imo. The line "evidence tampering?" has nothing to do with any of this information. Shouldn't there be a quote from the defense? Shouldn't someone, anyone have been interviewed about this information to make this something other than one man's opinion? A analyst is asked to give their two cents but from my understanding each news team has their own analyst. They offer speculation, educated and informed(we hope) speculation but speculation nonetheless.

But this past September, Pipitone points out, Orange County, Fla. Medical Examiner Jan Garavaglia was grilled under oath -- her findings challenged for the first time.

Well, thank goddess for Mr. P who is here to be able to "point out" that ME Jan G was questioned "under oath" in September, when this information is available to anyone. And, of course her findings would be challenged by the defense, that is their job. Grilled, I call 'opinion' on that-did the Dr. answer a question posed to her by Tony Pipitone? Does Dr. G feel as though she were grilled?

In what Pipitone calls another major revelation from the depositions, the defense may have another card to play, based on testimony by the man who found Caylee's skull, Roy Kronk.

They may well argue," says legal analyst Mark O'Mara, "there is a possibility that it was staged and it's not competent evidence to be considered."

However, Pipitone notes, legal experts believe the defense "will need a lot more proof to convince a jury the evidence was staged."

IMHO: this is a post. This is Tony Pipitone's :cow: :twocents:

This could be taken as dangerous opinion made to look like fact, which is bad enough-but this shows favor to the defense. I mean what is being said here? They MAY...Tony P NOTES...in what PIPITONE CALLS...

This is not a unbiased report by any stretch of the imagination.

What is the source!? As a citizen reader I hear: Tony Pipitone read some docs from this case and has rendered his opinion and surprisingly(disturbingly) what he "MAY" have found (nothing that I can see that should be allowed to be called by him or anyone else) "evidence tampering." I feel like the report is telling me that their reporter has "read between the lines" well, that is not reporting the facts.

:tsktsk: "News" :shakehead: Between ABC and NBC paying money and getting money off the death of Caylee Marie and now CBS and their sad see through attempts at cashing in a bit on this tragedy: I do not see a bright future for corporate news. I have not watched the news, read a newspaper, a magazine in more than five years. I do read online. I have watched some of CNN's coverage of the middle east, Egypt and Lybia. I refuse, absolutely refuse to watch Fox News. :yuck:

CBS News Canceled Do To Biased- Low Quality Reporting? In what Chiquita71 calls "satire", "political/social commentary" or "her duty as an American" she may have found this opinion held by "sources" but as to date has found no basis in truth to the statement that: CBS News was canceled do to biased low quality reporting.

I have faith that people understand what they are getting with the news. All day along the bottom of the television on every kind of station I see: "Breaking News" for everything and anything. They put that up when Lindsey L, has a new hair do! :pullhair:

You can read this article and see how it was written slanted to create a "headline", instead of being a investigative journalist who gets the story through hard work and then finds the headline writes itself: and is legit. I miss Peter Jennings.

:cow:

WARNING: GRAPHIC!!

I really don't understand where they are going with this? If they want to get "technical" then I would say, yes, Caylee's remains had been tampered with.

When Caylee was dumped into those woods off of Suburban Drive, she was in the early-middle stages of decomposition. Animals; scavengers FED off her body. They RIPPED her apart and spread her out over a large area. I am sure the members of this jury, at least once in their lifetime, has watched a Discovery Channel show on animals eating their prey. That is what happened to Caylee! The way Caylee's remains were found scattered over this area proves this! The bite marks on her bones prove this! So if the defense wants to get technical and say that Caylee's remains were tampered with... I am sure the State will have no problem showing a jury exactly HOW Caylee's remains were tampered with... by ANIMALS!

Oh, not to mention that the Florida elements (extreme heat, Florida summer thunderstorms, flooding, and a Tropical Storm) helped in "tampering" with Caylee's remains.

And if ANYONE did any kind of tampering... it would be Dominic Casey. Poking and proding. Picking up the blanket and walking all over the area where Caylee's remains were later found... oh, and he's the P.I. for the parents of their defendent who have no problem lying and covering up for their daughter! And there's video to prove it!

Wow Lola, *powerful* description. From your mouth... to the SA's ear :praying:

That poor, sweet precious baby girl :cry:

Omg! Well, it certainly sounds like the other nonsense that CA has spewed throughout this case! "The smell in the car was pizza." "KC is a good mother." "Caylee is still alive." Sheesh! I wish they would try that mess at trial. Not one single person on that jury would buy that a young mother awakes to find her toddler missing, then after searching the house, finds the baby floating in the pool, and when they have trouble resusitating them with CPR because they can't hold the childs mouth open, pauses to think. "What could I use to hold her mouth open while I administer CPR? Hmm. Oh! I know! Dad keeps some duct tape around here somewhere! If I can find that I could wrap it around her head and maybe that would hold her mouth open! I'll just leave her lying here whilst I dash madly around the house and garage, checking toolboxes and junk drawers until I find that roll of heavy duty, somewhat rare duct tape that Dad got back in Ohio!" Nope. Not gonna work. Not on this planet.

:ufo:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Then when she has expended all that effort making sure she did CPR just right ( with duct tape of course, doesn't everyone?) she gets annoyed with it all and bags her up like trash....this little snotnose has REALLY messed up her plans for the evening.... Then she has drags her around the backyard for a while. Let me see-under the playhouse? Under the pavers ? nah- think I'll just dump her in the woods where she will be away from all this. I have to be at Tony's by seven.

I'm sitting here thinking - So What? If Kronk lifted the skull and the mandible shifted and put it down and it shifted back - or even if - God forbid - the mandible was "arranged" - what does this have to do with ICA's guilt or innocence? No seriously, when you look at the rest of the evidence regarding the skull, the soil, the plant life, the roots, blah blah, is Mason suggesting if one piece of the evidence was "arranged" so was the rest?

Huh? :banghead::banghead: So that makes ICA not guilty???:loser:

Well, if the defense team could convince the jury that someone (Kronk, LE, Dr. G) put the duct tape on the skull, then they would have a much better chance of convincing the jury of an "accident" theory.

IMO the chance of them convincing the jury of this is slim to none. I mean, did these people supposedly find aged duct tape of the same brand and "model" used by George just lying around at the scene in the perfect lengths to arrange around Caylee's mouth area? How did they cause the piece closest to her mouth to look like it has the print of a mouth (and not a skeletonized mouth) on it?? How did they get it to stick to the hair? How come they didn't take the other piece found at the scene and "stage" it better as well?

While I have been sitting reading all your excellent comments trying to work up enough outrage at this latest nonsense re Kronk setting the stage - I gotta wonder if Tony Piptone has even read the evidence by the experts of how the skull was found and what conditions surrounded it re the plant growth, soil, duct tape matted in the hair, etc., and it is almost laughable.

Which makes me wonder if there is something hinky about the timing of these bombshells. 'Cause I am sitting here kinda smiling to myself as I patiently wait for these two days of hearings next week, when the defense is going to get crucified.:waitasec::waiting:

Sure I'm willing to put the old hip waders on to stroll through this stream of red herrings in the meantime, to countdown sunday, monday and tuesday and then let us just see what HHJP has in store for Mr. Baez and Mr. Mason. :great: I'm sure it isn't appropriate to say it will be "fun" to watch, but.......:woot:
I guess Channel 6 was able to satisfy the "what's in it for me/my client?" request that JB put out there in media land. What a self-serving, inaccurate (and transparent) accounting of the facts!!

I guess Channel 6 was able to satisfy the "what's in it for me/my client?" request that JB put out there in media land. What a self-serving inaccurate (and transparent) accounting of the facts!!

Respectfully Quoted RR0004 :cool2:
BBM

Thank you. ITA. You said in one sentence what I wanted to get across. Self-serving, inaccurate and transparent accounting of the "facts." Exactly. It sure is not news.

Well, if the defense team could convince the jury that someone (Kronk, LE, Dr. G) put the duct tape on the skull, then they would have a much better chance of convincing the jury of an "accident" theory.

IMO the chance of them convincing the jury of this is slim to none. I mean, did these people supposedly find aged duct tape of the same brand and "model" used by George just lying around at the scene in the perfect lengths to arrange around Caylee's mouth area? How did they cause the piece closest to her mouth to look like it has the print of a mouth (and not a skeletonized mouth) on it?? How did they get it to stick to the hair? How come they didn't take the other piece found at the scene and "stage" it better as well?
In the grand scheme of all things defense, they want the evidence, in this case the "tape", thrown out. It's just another useless strategy, IMO.

I think:waitasec: the defense theory about Kronk moving the skull is that, if Kronk lifted and dropped the skull with his meter stick, then the mandible would have separated from the skull, so if Dr. G had pictures of the mandible attached to the skull with duct tape, then the mandible was "arranged" that way. By Dr. G? By her "new hire" guy who started the autopsy? By Yuri? Who knows?
I agree that it sounds like this is what they're trying to suggest. But isn't it sop that no one (LE, forensics, etc) is allowed to touch or disturb the scene until after pictures of the site are taken? Wouldn't those pictures include close-ups of the skull in its original position and condition? So to my way of thinking, unless all the civil service employees of FL are unified in a giant conspiracy, that leaves only RK who could have had the opportunity to adjust or "stage" anything. . . and that is ridiculous, too.

I agree that it sounds like this is what they're trying to suggest. But isn't it sop that no one (LE, forensics, etc) is allowed to touch or disturb the scene until after pictures of the site are taken? Wouldn't those pictures include close-ups of the skull in its original position and condition? So to my way of thinking, unless all the civil service employees of FL are unified in a giant conspiracy, that leaves only RK who could have had the opportunity to adjust or "stage" anything. . . and that is ridiculous, too.
You would also think it's human nature to be scared s$$tless when finding something like a human skull. Who would touch it with their own hands? Picturing RK out there finding poor Caylee...then listening to his 911 call...I think his statements reflect exactly how things went down.

Please note.

This thread has been reviewed and posts containing speculation regarding the identify of a poster at the Orlando Sentinal website have been removed. Please refrain from reintroducing this speculation on this thread, or in the forum.

TIA & carry on re: thread topic, "Local 6 Uncovers New Info in Anthony Case"

yes...and lets also not forget that there are photos taken of the skull at the crime scene, showing its position, condition, etc. Even if Kronk lifted it with his poker or hand, it was at least photographed in the position it ultimately landed. Also, if it was staged, then the condition of the duct tape, etc. would not have been deteriorated to the same extent as other items found at the scene. the deterioration of the duct tape should be consistent with the deterioration of other items.

I think Mr. Kronk lifted the skull about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch off the ground before he realized it was not a halloween mask and then immediately lowered it again. CM was trying to create the impression that Mr. Kronk picked up the skull and twirled it round and round with his 'stick' and then let it drop from a height of about 5 feet. I think a jury will be able to see exactly what CM is trying to do.

And what if it had been a mask and he didnt bother to poke it? :( and he called it in as a skull and everyone descended on the scene? he would have been criticized for not verifying!

Saw a show on Snapped yesterday and all through the trial, the defense contended that defendant killed her husband in self-defense. When she was found guilty, the defense proceeded to pull out everything they had on mental disease. So I had heard that this needs to be presented at trial in order to argue it in penalty phase (mental disease) but apparently not.

However, I think the defense is going to go with abuse during the penalty phase, Just a feeling I have.

Even if RK picked up the skull and placed it over his own face, it wouldn't negate the fact the child was murdered. I know the defense team thinks they're onto something, what I don't know and the jury won't know either.
The only thing the jury will know, is that every single person who helped ICA, even to let her just have a shower, is being framed and disparaged now. From LE to probably her Grandmother.
Proves nothing but the saying....no good deed goes unpunished. And to think I actually wondered why ICA has no friends writing or visiting her.
I couldn't be seated on a Death Qualified jury unless I crossed my fingers and lied through my teeth and yet in light of the crime, age of the victim and all this defense, I could give her the injection myself. ICA's jury will already be coming from a place where they could impose the ultimate penalty. Good luck to the defense with this is all I can say. At this rate deliberations will last the time it takes to appoint a foreperson and count the first vote. :banghead:

I think:waitasec: the defense theory about Kronk moving the skull is that, if Kronk lifted and dropped the skull with his meter stick, then the mandible would have separated from the skull, so if Dr. G had pictures of the mandible attached to the skull with duct tape, then the mandible was "arranged" that way. By Dr. G? By her "new hire" guy who started the autopsy? By Yuri? Who knows?

:twocents: ITA and the underlined section reeks of reality IF Mr. Kronk had picked up the body part, spun it around, twirled it, flung it into the air and permitted it to land on the ground with a THUD! OR if he had NOT done exactly as he described (and I :innocent: paraphrase!) "moved it UPWARDS via the ocular orbit and upon realization that it was NOT a discarded Halloween MASK, lowered it back" Come on, folks ...... almost ANY lay person finding, or even THINKING they found, a SKULL would want to get away from it ASAP and giving the benefit of the doubt, IF he DROPPED it a bit more vigorously than just "gently", a disarticulated UNTAPED, UNFETTERED body part would have been separated from the main source~! :banghead:

BTW: the first "law" of crime scene recovery is PHOTOGRAPH (many if needed) before moving! :rocker: You only get ONE chance at the pristine recovery so "snap it all, take it all, sort it later" works as a good motto. :woohoo:
From what I've "heard" & seen, OCME has some of the FINEST staff available to forensic science: brains, brawn, yes beauty but no buffoons!:seeya:

I think Mr. Kronk lifted the skull about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch off the ground before he realized it was not a halloween mask and then immediately lowered it again. CM was trying to create the impression that Mr. Kronk picked up the skull and twirled it round and round with his 'stick' and then let it drop from a height of about 5 feet. I think a jury will be able to see exactly what CM is trying to do.[/quote]

:twocents: AMEN! :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back