Local BAR says JB may have to step down

I could be wrong, but I read awhile back that a licensed attorney can try cases before they pass the bar under the supervision of another attorney who is a member of the Bar association. Many newly graduated attornies work for the public defender's office in order to gain experience before they take the bar exam. They are licensed to practice law... just not admitted to the bar as yet.

I think one has to pass the bar before one can be the attorney of record. Baez was counting 'wins' on cases where he was just a clerk.

Do you think she'll be given a PD? I think Baez will stay on the fraud case. I have never heard of a BAR doing that before.
I do think that she will be given a PD, and Baez will continue with her bazillion fraud cases.

Kind of ironic, though, that George (and I guess Cindy, unless it turns out she has to get her own counsel) retains the services of a crack criminal defense attorney, Nejame. He does handle death cases...and has. Miss Casey may end up with PD potluck.

I could be wrong, but I read awhile back that a licensed attorney can try cases before they pass the bar under the supervision of another attorney who is a member of the Bar association. Many newly graduated attornies work for the public defender's office in order to gain experience before they take the bar exam. They are licensed to practice law... just not admitted to the bar as yet.

They have a JD degree when they graduate from law school. (At least in Florida....) Beyond that, they aren't licensed for anything. PD offices want attorneys working for them that have passed the bar, and then been SWORN in, period. Anyone else (folks who failed the bar, or haven't taken it yet) are likely doing interviews...or something in the low support range.

I wondered how long it would take for JB to be gone.
Maybe complaints about the amount of time his client was spending in his office, maybe the "mistruths" on his website, maybe the fact that he seems incompetent all have something to do with the local bar questioning this guy's professionalism.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back