Locating Mickey's Body -- Who is the "Credible Witness"?

No link for this. KLFY "Meet your Neighbor (News at noon)" mentioned BS Lavergne being checked out yesterday and was brought across the street to the Sheriff's Dept. for questioning because they have rooms equipped for audio and video.

MOO Guess that could be a taped confession. I'm curious if he just gave the details or if he was really brought to the scene.

ETA: http://www.klfy.com/story/19218560/search-for-shunick-body-in-evangline-parish

Wasn't there talk last week, that LE was going to transport BSL to the St. Landry Parish jail, in conjunction with the Lisa Patin case. Maybe, LE moved BSL yesterday to St. Landry and on the way, they went to the cemetery.
From what I understand, the St. Landry jail is not a prison anyone wants to reside in. It is suppose to be a very dangerous jail. So... that's what I heard.

[UPDATE: Independent sources close to the investigation, who asked not to be identified, say Lavergne told authorities where to find Shunick's body. This story has been altered to reflect new information.]

It remains unclear to what extent the 33-year-old sex offender accused of murdering the 21-year-old college student is cooperating with authorities. Police said shortly after Lavergne's July 5 arrest that he was uncooperative; however, sources close to the investigation tell The Independent that officials were acting on information they received from Lavergne when they searched the grave site near the small cemetery between Reddell and Oakdale and found the body this morning. Those sources asked not to be identified.

http://www.theind.com/news/11139-shunick-body-found

IMO they would keep him around until they were positive they didn't need him anymore. Also, it probably took awhile to drive to the area from the jail, locate the grave, dig it up, drive back to the jail. Hopefully he just sat in an unairconditioned car all day and watched all that transpired.

It would also be a shame if they made him walk through all that poison ivy again.

Wasn't there talk last week, that LE was going to transport BSL to the St. Landry Parish jail, in conjunction with the Lisa Patin case. Maybe, LE moved BSL yesterday to St. Landry and on the way, they went to the cemetery.
From what I understand, the St. Landry jail is not a prison anyone wants to reside in. It is suppose to be a very dangerous jail. So... that's what I heard.

i think it says they checked him back into lafayette's facility.

I saw these earlier, but IMO something isn't right here.

The aerial map for the Pinseclair Cemetery shows the gravesites located quite a distance from the road. In these photos the gravesites are clearly visible from the road. I do see the crimetape, but still questioning whether or not it's the same place.

I do hope LE has someone stationed at the entrance to prevent people from entering the property and trampling all over the cemetery. I feel badly for the family members of those buried there.

I have "snipped" this image from my computer. This is the "street view" from Google Maps right next to the photo that was taken by a local above. This is the same cemetery. Remember the aerial view is on a different measurement scale, so it actually looks farther back than it really is when down below.

Attachments

• pinseclair.jpg
    pinseclair.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 119
Well perhaps they made him sit there and watch the whole thing. I'm sure they had to do the digging and removal very slowly as to not damage anything. I hope they made him look at the body too! (sorry to be gross but I hope they did)

I am certain they wanted to be sure he was not leading them on a wild goose chase. I am pretty certain they knew it was her. The facial reconstruction is being done to make sure 100%.

No link for this. KLFY "Meet your Neighbor (News at noon)" mentioned BS Lavergne being checked out yesterday and was brought across the street to the Sheriff's Dept. for questioning because they have rooms equipped for audio and video.

MOO Guess that could be a taped confession. I'm curious if he just gave the details or if he was really brought to the scene.

ETA: http://www.klfy.com/story/19218560/search-for-shunick-body-in-evangline-parish

Maybe they took him there via skype or something similar. (although I do like the idea of him sitting in a hot car with the windows rolled up gasping for air for eight long hours)

I know this sentiment will not be popular, but at LEAST he told where she is. It would be so much worse if he had kept silent, like so many others.

Perhaps he feels some remorse. And if so, possible healing and transformation.

Possible.

I know I am a cynic, but I doubt very much his reasons for revealing Mickey's location have anything to do with healing and transformation on his part. More like death penalty vs. life in prison.

3:30. that's puzzling. it doesn't seem like they would keep a serial killer out that long. the drive is not that long. as for sitting in the cop car while officers did their thing, that seems silly. you'd think that 2 of the officers would bring him back after he showed them her location??

Obviously though, they can keep him out as long as they want to keep him out. He wasn't going anywhere for sure, not with beaucoup LE all around. I really don't find it strange that they kept him out all day. They probably fed him McDonald's for lunch too.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576137_453235798043873_482857571_n.jpg

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel shared Jenise Fernandez- KATC TV 3's photo.

‎Jenise Fernandez- KATC TV 3 went to the Evangeline cemetery where a body was found Tuesday. She'll explain the history of the area tonight at 5:00 and 6:00.
We're learning more about the cemetery where police believe they found the body of Mickey Shunick. The cemetery was part of a church many years ago. I'll have more on the history of the cemetery tonight at 5 and 6.

'The timing of this is very curious, imo. Maybe Nancy G. will shed some light on the events of yesterday'.

http://www.facebook.com/katctv3#!/NancyGraceHLN
Nancy Grace FB -

UPDATE-Officials at the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Department say the man they believe murdered Mickey Shunick was checked out of a correctional center hours before police found a body believe to be the missing student.

Capt. Kip Judice, spokesman for the department, said Wednesday Brandon Lavergne was checked out of the Lafayette Parish Correction Center early Tuesday morning and taken across the street to the sheriff's department.

He said it's very common for prisoners to be taken to the sheriff's office for questioning, because they have rooms that are equipped with audio and video recording equipment. He said Lavergne was checked back in around 3:30 PM in the afternoon.

Police say they strongly believe the remains they found buried in a cemetery off of La. Highway 10 to be Shunick.

BL and nobody but BL, in my opinion. He would certainly be credible about this one fact, especially by the time LE spoke and they had indeed discovered the body.

Why would BSL be check out to go to the LPSD facility across the street? Do does LE check out prisoners to go to court across the street too? I guess I don't understand why LPSD would have to sign him out to go to their facility across the street.

Would they possibly bring BSL across the street so that could question another prisoner in LPCC who might be a "credible source"?!?!

Why would BSL be check out to go to the LPSD facility across the street? Do does LE check out prisoners to go to court across the street too? I guess I don't understand why LPSD would have to sign him out to go to their facility across the street.

Would they possibly bring BSL across the street so that could question another prisoner in LPCC who might be a "credible source"?!?!

They would probably need to check him out so that they had a paper trail of who is taking responsibility of him.

It is possible that taking him across the street to a room with Audio/Video hookups that he could lead them to the body while never leaving the room. They could have had a closed circuit hookup with him sitting there with a lawyer on each side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back