Logan's Road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I invited Logan to come talk with us, hopefully that isn't against TOS . . .

Thought he might be able to give us more pieces of info to work with.

I drove from central Oregon to So Calif with two little ones, almost 2 and 5mos. I did have help from older children to keep them amused, but I still needed to stop at least every two hours. It was also necessary to stop once it got dark. They got too fussy once it got dark and because they'd already been in the car all day.

I don't know if this helps, but something to keep in mind.

fran

PS........I took a road trip across the US this summer, coast to coast....and because I wasn't familiar with the roads, I would stop and get gas when I got down to around 1/2 a tank. You never knew when you'd be on a 100 mile run where there was no gas. I had a gps but I still felt better when I had a full tank. I don't know if EJ would be that concerned though.....fran

So an average of 480 miles to a tank, right?

Of course it depends on the car, tires, etc. but thats the specs on the car... a 15 year old car ...does it have an oil leak, water leak anything that would require checking often....

what did Elizabeth do for 5 days?? Just sit in the hotel room??
Maybe take the flyers to the malls and check the fashion shops that would appeal to her.....when arrested she had new clothes(?) ,,, If she said she met a couple at a park and thats a lie maybe she met them at a mall instead....somewhere more comfortable...

I would think if she left in the evening of the 18th and Gabriel was known to sleep all night, she would keep going until he woke or she got hungry and tired.
She probably stopped at least once to use the rest room and got a motel room around 2 or 3 am. Stayed until check out time, around noon.
Then on the 19th, may have only driven 4 to 6 hours, including a gas fill up, potty, feeding, diaper changing break because Gabriel would be getting fussy. Got another Motel room around 6pm.
Left earlier this time, drove straight to SA.

Message From Gabriel's Aunt, MissingGabe:

MissingGabe's daughter will be accompanying Logan on his road trip. They hope to leave for TX on Tuesday.

MissingGabe's daughter is our WS member LP34. She asks that you please help by providing links to cities or if there are possible leads you think they should check out on the trip.

They are happy to meet with anyone along the way that might be of help.

They are also planning a visit to Victoria while in the area.

If anyone has any tips, ideas, or leads for the trip, please post them here. The family has a link to this thread, and will review it.

The family extends their thanks to everyone who has been working so hard to help us bring Gabriel home!

==========================================

Thank you all so much for your help. You're the best people in the world :)

Message From Gabriel's Aunt, MissingGabe:

MissingGabe's daughter will be accompanying Logan on his road trip. They hope to leave for TX on Tuesday.

MissingGabe's daughter is our WS member LP34. She asks that you please help by providing links to cities or if there are possible leads you think they should check out on the trip.

They are happy to meet with anyone along the way that might be of help.

They are also planning a visit to Victoria while in the area.

If anyone has any tips, ideas, or leads for the trip, please post them here. The family has a link to this thread, and will review it.

The family extends their thanks to everyone who has been working so hard to help us bring Gabriel home!

==========================================

Thank you all so much for your help. You're the best people in the world :)

Good morning,

lp34 also asked me to start a thread with places and people that are tied to TPS. I told her that we have a tips thread for Logan, but I started a seperate thread for ties to TPS as well.

Also, one of the people that has been doing fliers is in the SA area, but South of where EJ stayed. She has offered to meet up with Logan if she can be of any help. Let me know, and I will contact her or get the family in touch with her.

Good morning,

lp34 also asked me to start a thread with places and people that are tied to TPS. I told her that we have a tips thread for Logan, but I started a seperate thread for ties to TPS as well.

Also, one of the people that has been doing fliers is in the SA area, but South of where EJ stayed. She has offered to meet up with Logan if she can be of any help. Let me know, and I will contact her or get the family in touch with her.

I think that's a good idea to put all the connected people and places in one thread so we can track all of it easier. The places can then be moved over here and maybe we can put them in order of distance/closeness as they fall along the way of the road trip map to help out Logan and LP34 on their trip.

I think I know the person of which you speak and gave her LP's email address yesterday. But just in case it's a different person, do you want to go ahead and give her LP's email so they can connect?

I put momtective in touch with them too because she's got one heck of a lot of info.

Thank you, NM :blowkiss:

Van Horn is also on my list of places related to TS

Van Horn makes sense to me too as a logical place to stop if that stop was preplanned. It's about half way, it's not a big city, access to the hotels on the frontage road is easy and then quick access back onto the highway. I can't see her stopping in the middle of night in a big city like El Paso. But it wouldn't hurt to make sure that the local news there is familiar with the story and has run the pictures of EJ, Gabriel and the car. Wouldn't LE have already figured out where she stayed on the 19th though? :waitasec:

Related thread on connected people/places for Logan and LP34's road trip here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94631"]Places and People with ties to Tammi Smith - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you!

I think that's a good idea to put all the connected people and places in one thread so we can track all of it easier. The places can then be moved over here and maybe we can put them in order of distance/closeness as they fall along the way of the road trip map to help out Logan and LP34 on their trip.

I think I know the person of which you speak and gave her LP's email address yesterday. But just in case it's a different person, do you want to go ahead and give her LP's email so they can connect?

I put momtective in touch with them too because she's got one heck of a lot of info.

Thank you, NM :blowkiss:

Thanks for linking the other thread BeanE, I should have thought to do it. I sent a PM with lp's email to the WSer I was speaking of. Hopefully she feels good about meeting up with them and can help them out in some way.

Gosh, I do hate showing my "bad side". But Maby a trip to the flea markets? where you can get illegal id's? I am no longer "bad" so It would be difficult for me to find out where to get one, BUT I can ask around. I was already told a flea market was one place. someone here mentioned a Giftshop that sold them as novelty items? These are not dangerous places at all. because they are public, and a bunch of people. They are actual businesses. Not someone's backyard and digital camera, LOL.

Also, LM is taking pictures of EJ to right? While Gabriel is such a handsome baby, people are more likely to remember a very pretty young woman. am I correct in this thinking? I'm trying to wrap my mind around EJ and figure out if she is the type to get bored and go wondering around, or just stay in and watch TV. I'm just not sure.

Gosh, I do hate showing my "bad side". But Maby a trip to the flea markets? where you can get illegal id's? I am no longer "bad" so It would be difficult for me to find out where to get one, BUT I can ask around. I was already told a flea market was one place. someone here mentioned a Giftshop that sold them as novelty items? These are not dangerous places at all. because they are public, and a bunch of people. They are actual businesses. Not someone's backyard and digital camera, LOL.

Also, LM is taking pictures of EJ to right? While Gabriel is such a handsome baby, people are more likely to remember a very pretty young woman. am I correct in this thinking? I'm trying to wrap my mind around EJ and figure out if she is the type to get bored and go wondering around, or just stay in and watch TV. I'm just not sure.

I agree. Some people might not remember Gabe, e.g. depending on how he was being held, they might not have seen his face, but they might remember Eliz. She also may have left Gabe in the car or somewhere else and gone out to a store or whatever alone.

I think flea markets are a great idea.

I agree. Some people might not remember Gabe, e.g. depending on how he was being held, they might not have seen his face, but they might remember Eliz. She also may have left Gabe in the car or somewhere else and gone out to a store or whatever alone.

...not to mention that some people just aren't interested in babies. They just don't see them. But these same people might remember a striking blonde, especially if she was dressed provocatively.

And Logan's female cousin may want to be the one asking about EJ, rather than Logan. I mean, if I were a guy at a motel/convenience store/whereever, and a young, strong man showed me a picture and asked me if I'd seen this pretty blonde girl, I might lie, you know, maybe expecting jealousy, a fight, whatever. If a woman asked, I'd be more likely to tell the truth. Just human nature.

BBM, ITA on the flea markets. They are a HUGE thing here in Texas, at least here in the Dallas area. Most of them are called Trade Days and happen one full weekend out of every month. I'll try to find a website for one near Homegates. If there was one going on the week that EJ was there, it might be a very good place to check out. Just don't know if it would be running again while LM and family are in town. :(
I'll look around on that.

Also, ITA about showing Elizabeth's picture too. I think that is a really good idea that might generate leads.

University of Texas San Antonio, San Antonio Rose Palace, Ultramar Diamond Shamrock Corporate Headquarters, The world renown Cornerstone Church with Pastor Hagee, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Southwest Texas Medical Center, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Col. Raymond Russell Park, Rim Shopping Center, Palladium IMAX Theatre, Shops at Lacantera, Outdoor World, Valero Texas Open and SeaWorld of Texas.

We are closest hotel to the Medical Center, I-10 and Medical Drive.
We offer free transportation to and from the medical facilities

The Huebner Oaks Shopping Center is just a few minutes away featuring a 24 screen AMC Theater with executive hi back seating, numerous restaurants featuring La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe, Bennigans, Champs as well as an array of boutique shops.
Just minutes to the hotel is the world famous John T. Floore Country Store and Dance Hall, Texas Military Institute, Camp Bullis, Camp Stanley and USAA Insurance. North Star Mall, Ingram Park Mall, Rivercenter Mall, Windsor Park Mall, McCreless Mall and Rolling Oaks Mall.

http://www.homegatesuites.com/

And also:
http://www.homegatesuites.com/local/local.html

The Alamo: www.thealamo.org. , Botanical Garden and Lucile Halsell Conservatory: www.sabot.org , Brooks Air Force Base: www.brooks.af.mil , Brackenridge Park, Buckhorn Saloon & Museum: www.buckhornmuseum.com , Canary Islands Decendants Association Museum, Casa Navarro State Historical Park, Charline McCombs Empire Theatre, Cowboy Museum, Fort Sam Houston: www.samhou-usag.army.mil ,Friedrich Wilderness Park, Guenther House, Hemisfair Park, Hertzberg Circus Museum, IMAX Theatre at Rivercenter: www.IMAX-sa.com, Institute of Texan Cultures: www.texancultures.utsa.edu, Instituto Cultrural Mexicano, Lackland Air Force Base, La Villita,The Magik Children's Theatre: www.magiktheatre.org ,Majestic Theatre, Malibu Castle and Grand Prix, Market Square, McNay Art Museum: www.menayart.org , Pioneer Trail Drivers and Texas Rangers Memorial Museum, Plaza Theatre of Wax & Ripley's Believe it or Not!: www.tourtexas.com/ripleys or www.tourtexas.com/palaceofwax.html ,Randolph Air Force Base, Riverwalk (Paseo Del Rio), San Antonio Museum of Art: www.sa-museum.org , San Antonio Children's Museum, San Antonio Missions National Historical Park: www.nps.gov/saan/, SeaWorld San Antonio: www.seaworld.com, Six Flags Fiesta Texas: www.sixflags.com , Soutwest School of Art and Craft, Spanish Governor's Palace, Splashtown: www.splashtownsa.com, The Steves Homested Museum: www.saconservation.org ,Sunset Station,The Texas Adventure: www.tx_adventure.com ,Texas Air Museum, Texas Highway Patrol Museum: www.thpa.org ,Texas Transportation Museum, Tower of the Americas, Witte Museum: www.wittemuseum.org ,Yanaguana Cruises,Zoological Gardens and Aquarium

Also I used to live in a town west of SA...it was close to the border...it would be a very good idea to get fliers to the Border Patrol check points and to the customs check points between the two borders. Thousands of people go through then a day. They need to go to the border between laredo and nuevo laredo, del rio and acuna, and eagle pass and piedras negras. Just a thought if anyone is near these areas or has ideas on how to get them there. Just a thought. The border to Mexico is not but a few hours from SA.
I just posted this on another thread here and also posted on the families FB page.

NewMommy 09..those are great places here in SA to think of...The Rim shopping area is closest to the Fiesta TX motels. Its fairly new but there is alot of shopping, eating and also a movie theater there. Just throwing that out there. The Alamo and wax museum and those places are in downtown SA, quite a drive from Fiesta Tx but I think one of those hotels was in or near downtown? correct me if I am wrong.

NewMommy 09..those are great places here in SA to think of...The Rim shopping area is closest to the Fiesta TX motels. Its fairly new but there is alot of shopping, eating and also a movie theater there. Just throwing that out there. The Alamo and wax museum and those places are in downtown SA, quite a drive from Fiesta Tx but I think one of those hotels was in or near downtown? correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks jessicat.
All of those places are listed on the Homegate Suites site where EJ stayed as being nearby. So I figure they are a good bet for places she may have gone.

I want to try to get some idea's for the family while they are in Victoria. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do first, I have a long list of things I'm trying to accomplish to help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy