Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I put it on the search map. Is every school in Woodstock close to the 401? This one is in North Woodstock to get to Guelph quicker and then north to Mount Forest. JMO
I've always gone from Woodstock to Guelph via the 401 and Highway 6. Even from North Woodstock, I'd take Devonshire east to Road 4, then south to the 401, etc. Some people like taking the little back roads closer to how the crow flies because they don't like freeways or else think it's faster, but they have to know the route. I just checked directions on Google Maps for both Guelph and Mount Forest and they both gave me the 401 - Highway 6 route, not the back way. So to answer your question, every school and every other place in Woodstock is "close to the 401". It's not that big.

Snipped for space

I have been in London almost 4 years now and within the first 6 months i knew about the EoA but i also had a 14 year old child and a very over active mind so i seeked out the information about where i moved to and planned to live.

I see the graffiti on the mail boxs and the benches and stuff but it usually seems kidish stuff. I feel safe in London an we have a few "Gangs" here and our population is under 400k people. I know what areas to not drive around and such.

Anyways Sorry to hijack your post just got me thinking outloud :p

Yeah I don't have kids. But I can imagine that it must be difficult at those ages to keep up with them. But I say if you've grown them up well with good values, then they should know the difference between good and bad :)

You mean where Tori is standing in front of a service station with some motorcycles in the background in this video? http://youtu.be/qkjPTA1P7lU

I wondered too, but it doesn't look like that Lubricare.

j8hJE.jpg

Every city has gangs. I live in Winnipeg, which, according to some, has a pretty massive gang problem. I don't feel unsafe living here. I suspect all the Wpg police and RCMP around here know of the major gangs, but would not answer any questions about gangs at a trial if they were not specifically assigned to the gang unit.

I see people that are gang members all the time, however, I 'm sure there are many people living here who have not heard of the Indian Posse (or any of the other gangs; that one just popped into my head) before. I suspect it's the same in most good-sized cities across the country.

That's a good point. The $100 was deposited very close to the same time that they were driving past the school - within 7 minutes.

How do we know MR deposited that $100? It could have been a GST deposit, maybe his mother deposited it? If he was OW, there could be many way that money was deposited. :moo:

Oh but we don't really know when that hammer was put into his car. It could have been after that night.

You are probably correct about the hammer being put in his car after Tori's death HK. MR didn't want TLM using his hammer because his DNA is all over it and someone who knew, may have been able to ID that hammer as belonging to MR. Also he could have put it there to throw LE off wondering why he wouldn't have used his own hammer, therefore it couldn't possible have been MR who blugeoned Tori to death because he didn't use his own hammer. MR thought LE were stupid and wouldn't be able to figure out his involvement. :moo:

Tuesday we will hear from forensic experts in detail about what was found in MR's car and how it links MR to this crime.

Has anyone been able to find any information about TLM to show she is a chronic liar? Other then in this case; her interview with Det. Smyth, at her sentencing, January of this year when she said she was the one who hit Tori, I haven't been able to find a history of chronic lying on TLM. BTW IIRC TLM stood by her original story from the time of the interview with Det. Smyth, right up until this January. Hope I got that right. So if I am right, she only changed her story once and that was to say she hit Tori with the hammer and she was the one who chose the hammer.

Strange how we heard so much about TLM and her past in the MSM just after the arrests. We really did not hear much about MR in the MSM but what we did hear, I would say goes to show who the bigger liar of the two really is. From what we did heard about MR, and much of it from himself, he was a womanizer, user of people, stole from an ex girlfriend, lied about his achievement, schooling, career choices, drug use, he claimed he didn't smoke, claimed he was one of the good guys and much more. I am less likely to believe him then TLM. So far in the trial, everything she is claiming to have happened lines up with the evidence. :moo:

This video has a copy of MR's bank transactions at approximately 1:06. You can see that a deposit of $400 went into his bank account at 9:47 that morning.

http://www.ctvlondon.ca/tag/barbara-armstrong/

Then, at 10:01, he commented on his FB about the good things coming his way. Maybe his comment was as simple as him being happy that the money he was expecting had come in and he could now go to pick up the percocets. He then went to the ATM and withdrew the $400 at 11:10.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090520/stafford_arrest_090520/20090520/?hub=EdmontonHome

So far, there have been no witnesses to confirm that he even did change his mind about going alone. I suppose that could be just another one of TLM's discrepancies in her various statements and something that we'll never know for sure.

I was wrong about what time he posted on Facebook, I wasn't at home. And I understand that we can come up with alternate explanations for every instance that MTR looks guilty, but it's not about that. I think it is very easy to come up with alternate explanation for each instance, it's when you step back and look at the big picture that it becomes clear what the truth is. In my opinion it looks like MTR is guilty. There is still more to come so I could change my opinion, and if I were on the jury I wouldn't be able to vote to convict at this point.

But I'm not on the jury, and to me it's not just an explanation for each instance that is important when it comes to determining what occurred that day. To me it is very important to take a step back and examine that explanation relative to all of the other evidence. When I look at it that way, I just don't see MTR as an innocent dupe, and the whole safe house story seems like just that, a story, and I just don't buy it. But again, I could be wrong, and just because the defences alternate scenario is carp doesn't mean that MTR is guilty, it is just my opinion that he is.

How do we know MR deposited that $100? It could have been a GST deposit, maybe his mother deposited it? If he was OW, there could be many way that money was deposited. :moo:

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. I didn't say he made the deposits. I said it was deposited to his account. I also commented that he seems to want to take the money out as soon as it goes in, within an hour or two. HTH

The trunk release on MTR car is on the floor driver's side. TLM didn't drive and when getting into a car ex. a rental it takes a while to know where the accessories are. Who opened the trunk, did it also need a key in ignition to open....who opened the trunk to get the bags and hammer? JMO

IMO the defense has only presented conjecture, nothing to show that the crown side is anything but the truth and the most sensible. IMO

I was wrong about what time he posted on Facebook, I wasn't at home. And I understand that we can come up with alternate explanations for every instance that MTR looks guilty, but it's not about that. I think it is very easy to come up with alternate explanation for each instance, it's when you step back and look at the big picture that it becomes clear what the truth is. In my opinion it looks like MTR is guilty. There is still more to come so I could change my opinion, and if I were on the jury I wouldn't be able to vote to convict at this point.

But I'm not on the jury, and to me it's not just an explanation for each instance that is important when it comes to determining what occurred that day. To me it is very important to take a step back and examine that explanation relative to all of the other evidence. When I look at it that way, I just don't see MTR as an innocent dupe, and the whole safe house story seems like just that, a story, and I just don't buy it. But again, I could be wrong, and just because the defences alternate scenario is carp doesn't mean that MTR is guilty, it is just my opinion that he is.

I'm not saying that I don't think he's guilty, I just don't know at this point. I'm hoping, if he is guilty, that something more positive comes out during the forensics testimony so that he doesn't walk. Because, right now, IMO, things don't look that rosy for the Crown. JMO

Yeah I don't have kids. But I can imagine that it must be difficult at those ages to keep up with them. But I say if you've grown them up well with good values, then they should know the difference between good and bad :)

I agree, but it dosent always work out that way :( .. My oldest ended up falling into the street life and the wanna be gangs around london here at 16 and actually left my home and i couldnt do nothing about it as its legal at 16 for kids to leave home and be on their own, . The kids these days follow each other around like puppys and are far more daring and believe they are invincable.

Thankfully she is just now at 18 and in the USA getting on the right path of being a upstanding citizen, but it would take nothing for her to fall right back into the same life styles as TLM and MR. Maybe thats why i play devils advocate more on this case then anything, I have left my mind open just a bit because i do know how my daughter and her type of friends would react to things, and some of the most stupid ideas i have heard from them has me going what are they thinking, but i can see why they may have acted a certain way. ( Thank heaven the worst was shoplifting in my life i had to deal with )

I'm not saying that I don't think he's guilty, I just don't know at this point. I'm hoping, if he is guilty, that something more positive comes out during the forensics testimony so that he doesn't walk. Because, right now, IMO, things don't look that rosy for the Crown. JMO

I understand. I really can't say how it looks for the Crown right now, I think it is too early to tell. I don't think that it is going as well as expected, mainly due to TLM changing her story. But I think TLM's testimony would have been problematic even if her story had stayed the same. It certainly has given us more to debate though.

I don't think that it is one thing that makes or breaks a case though, I know people are looking for that smoking gun, but sometimes it's just not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500