Looking for Podcast suggestions, new to true crime!

Missile Kid

Reaction score
Hi!
I like podcasts that do one case over 1-4 episodes. I like ones speaking of unsolved cases and serial killers (don't we all)

My two favourites currently are Morbid and Crime Junky. I do like a little respectful banter and such but I also like straight to the point ones, but I like it to have a human touch, with personality.

Any suggestions

Was not sure exactly where to post this interesting report on perspective on True Crime Podcasts. This is not reflection on the poster above who started the thread as I like to watch a True Crime program and listen to a few Podcasts:

Glamorising violent offenders with ‘true crime’ shows and podcasts needs to stop | Evening Report

Here is part of the above article and relates to Crime Con and Bill Thomas whose sister was murdered by the Colonial Parkway Killer:

Some victims are speaking out.

A recent article focused on on Bill Thomas, whose sister Cathy’s 1986 murder in Colonial Parkway, Virginia, remains unsolved. Bill is at the first day of CrimCon, an annual true crime festival, to draw attention to his sister’s murder and put pressure on the FBI to investigate it further. To do that, he has to rub shoulders with people wearing clothes emblazoned with serial killers’ faces.

Hi!
I like podcasts that do one case over 1-4 episodes. I like ones speaking of unsolved cases and serial killers (don't we all)

My two favourites currently are Morbid and Crime Junky. I do like a little respectful banter and such but I also like straight to the point ones, but I like it to have a human touch, with personality.

Any suggestions

There is a thread with over 125 post of recommendations at this link with what you were asking for. You may want to check over there on that thread. Here is the link to transport you there

Looking for podcast recommendations

Check out Trace Evidence Podcast. The host is a well spoken younger guy who covers the cases decently. You can tell this kid shares empathy with the families and takes it very seriously.

Here is another list of True Crime Podcasts:

34 New Additions to my True Crime Podcast List - Pretty Death Seller
Every time is a good time for a true crime podcast. But, as summer comes to an end, now’s an even better time to catch up on what you missed or a new show to get you through back-to-school shopping.

Thankfully, there are now 234 shows on my mega-list of true crime and mystery podcasts, 133 of which I have comprehensively rated and categorized by topic.

Here is another list of True Crime Podcasts:

34 New Additions to my True Crime Podcast List - Pretty Death Seller
Every time is a good time for a true crime podcast. But, as summer comes to an end, now’s an even better time to catch up on what you missed or a new show to get you through back-to-school shopping.

Thankfully, there are now 234 shows on my mega-list of true crime and mystery podcasts, 133 of which I have comprehensively rated and categorized by topic.

Nice work!

If anyone likes pure courtroom audio without commentary or ads, they might want to check out my podcast, Forensic Transmissions (public domain audio, nothing else, mostly court audio and confessions). I'm fascinated by the audio but don't want edits, interruptions, or anyone 'framing' the story for me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back