Los Angeles schools closed due to threat

Deon Guillory ‏@DeonWJBF 57s57 seconds ago

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti: Students can ride Metro buses and trains free today - @NBCLA http://ow.ly/394Sbe

Oh great....I was going to go to the mall today. It will be full of extra kids now. LOL

In reading random tweets, one person mentioned that he would stay away from public places such as malls, etc. because all of LE is going to be tied up dealing with the schools. In other words, it would make a great diversion for an attack NOT at a school.

According to CNN---it was an email to a School Board member, which originated overseas, and discussed bombs in backpacks at various schools...

[video=twitter;676796611624701952]https://twitter.com/LASchools/status/676796611624701952[/video]

Press Conference at 9am.

In reading random tweets, one person mentioned that he would stay away from public places such as malls, etc. because all of LE is going to be tied up dealing with the schools. In other words, it would make a great diversion for an attack NOT at a school.

That's probably true. I am going to go to Ventura County instead of LA to do my shopping today. I live on the border of the 2 counties/

OH>>>>INTERESTING....

Just saw a high school student being interviewed....he had come early because it was FINALS WEEK... :waitasec:

Is this a student hoax to get out of finals?

These have been a daily occurrence at schools here in Kentucky for the past month. I couldn't count the closings, there have been so many. And they are bomb related.

Yes, that's always a reasonable concern in these situations, IMO. The first, or one of the first, U.S. school massacre (Bath, Michigan in 1927) involved the perp setting his house (and wife) aflame, then he passed the emergency crews as he headed in the opposite direction to the school where he'd set up explosives, then he detonated his shrapnel-filled vehicle. The emergency crews were, as planned, already engaged at his home, increasing their response time to the school.

So sad, I cannot see a solution. The internet is such a marvel...and soooo dangerous. JMO

Surprised something on this scale hasn't happened before.. and I really hope it is a kid, or kids, who've done this because if Daesh have realised this is a cheap and easy terror tactic there is going to be a lot of chaos ahead.

Apparently same threat to New York schools, but they've decided it's a hoax.

Yes, that's always a reasonable concern in these situations, IMO. The first, or one of the first, U.S. school massacre (Bath, Michigan in 1927) involved the perp setting his house (and wife) aflame, then he passed the emergency crews as he headed in the opposite direction to the school where he'd set up explosives, then he detonated his shrapnel-filled vehicle. The emergency crews were, as planned, already engaged at his home, increasing their response time to the school.

WOW! I read that whole story a few years ago about historic MI crimes...that creep was originally from my little town. He burned up his mother or step mother (I think) at the farm house on Kehoe Rd, not far from my humble abode...he was not busted for that but moved to Bath, and years later did the crime you told of. I looked for the old farm here...and I think the old brick house was the farmhouse..I've never heard anyone in town mention that story, but maybe they find it distasteful! The Road has the families name, though. OT but interesting that you knew about it. JMO

Surprised something on this scale hasn't happened before.. and I really hope it is a kid, or kids, who've done this because if Daesh have realised this is a cheap and easy terror tactic there is going to be a lot of chaos ahead.

I think about Columbine and how horrific that was.
IMOO.

That wasn't a phoned in hoax, IIRC.

I mentioned Columbine because your post mentioned you really hope it was a kid versus Daesh. Columbine was kids!
IMOO.
ETA:
And I responded because I thought you were posting about This situation in the Los Angeles school system.
Your next post was about New York and a hoax. I was not responding to that New York post.
IMOO.

Sigh. My dear husband graduated from Thurston High School, scene of a school massacre...still pretty sensitive in this locale...

The only time we were ever evacuated from my school was when a crop duster hit an electrical thing nearby. And I was scared then...

[video=twitter;676807380764528640]https://twitter.com/LASchools/status/676807380764528640[/video]

CNN reporting threat came from email from Frankfurt, Germany to a school board member.

Can't an anonymizer program ping foreign IP addresses?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever
Back