"Lost" Actor (51) Marries 16 YR Old

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is an adult now. So we can stop calling her a "child."

That's probably why they broke up....she's getting on in years, too old for him. :panic:

I don't see anything good or right in this situation. But I also don't think that every person, child or adult, who makes poor choices is a victim of something. I don't see anything in this person's behavior that says "victim" to me. Look at me, I want attention and I'll do anything for it, yes. But victim, no. And I have watched just about every program she has done.

I don't see anything good or right in this situation. But I also don't think that every person, child or adult, who makes poor choices is a victim of something. I don't see anything in this person's behavior that says "victim" to me. Look at me, I want attention and I'll do anything for it, yes. But victim, no. And I have watched just about every program she has done.

She reminds me of the countless strippers or exotic dancers that have been victims of childhood sexual abuse and have learned their sexuality is their only value. Many also use the opportunity to have the control that they never had when they were child victims. IMO

She WAS a child when he picked her up off the internet. I think that's a hard thing to let go of, especially when men his age are so often prosecuted for such behaviour elsewhere. Never mind the parents who encouraged him.

Sad and sickening, all round. I can't even watch movies with him in them anymore, he's got to be show biz poison by now..

Ugh. Ugh. The whole thing. I'm glad it's over and will now fade back into the utter obscurity it deserves. (except I'm sad there was no jail time involved)

I think she used him from the beginning and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he commits suicide over losing her. He seemed much more like the child in that situation to me.

He picked up a 15yo child (she was 15 when they met on the net IIRC) and then paraded this minor around in public as a blatant sex object, in not much more than her undies, among other things I don't wish to think about.

Sympathy level NIL, here.

He picked up a 15yo child (she was 15 when they met on the net IIRC) and then paraded this minor around in public as a blatant sex object, in not much more than her undies, among other things I don't wish to think about.

Isn't it tho?

She was Fifteen years old and she used him??
I can't believe what I'm reading here.....sad very very sad.

She reminds me of the countless strippers or exotic dancers that have been victims of childhood sexual abuse and have learned their sexuality is their only value. Many also use the opportunity to have the control that they never had when they were child victims. IMO

So well said, and so very sad.

I wonder if she was the first CHILD he picked up off the internet?!?!?

They met online when she was 15? What was he looking for underage girls to talk to? Creepy as F. I think the Stoddens are from my state, on the coast, how embarrassing.

They met online when she was 15? What was he looking for underage girls to talk to? Creepy as F. I think the Stoddens are from my state, on the coast, how embarrassing.

Yes, kind of like having a drunk stupid family member at a wedding dancing a limbo during a waltz. Same kind of thing.

A synopsis of the wikipedia insert about her relationship with Doug: they met through an online acting course that Doug was conducting. Things turned into an online relationship. Her mother oversaw all the exchanges between the 2 and was aware that their relationship had become romantic. Supposedly Doug was not aware of her actual age, but upon finding out after months of the online fling, offered to break things off if her parents did not approve. Her parents left that choice up to Courtney... and the rest is history.

Here is the last line in the wiki entry about Doug: "According to Hutchison, as a result of his marriage to Stodden, his agent quit, his family disowned him and he received death threats."

All I have to say is: once learning her age, Doug has only himself to blame for the consequences of messing with that girl... and her mom knowing darn well what was going on and facilitating it: sick. She pimped her own child out... I can see it no other way.

Isn't it tho?

I don't feel the least bit sorry for him so please don't put words in my mouth. I do think she used him and I think he used her. Please read my other post where I said there is nothing good or right about the situation. I just don't happen to think the only reason she acts the way she does and makes the choices she does is because she has been abused. I have known many children and adults who have made horrible choices for other reasons than abuse. Courtney has said herself there was no abuse in her past. I don't think her parents were stellar parents (obviously). The whole situation is sick and I stand by my statement that I will not be surprised one bit if he commits suicide.

She WAS a child when he picked her up off the internet. I think that's a hard thing to let go of, especially when men his age are so often prosecuted for such behaviour elsewhere. Never mind the parents who encouraged him.

Sad and sickening, all round. I can't even watch movies with him in them anymore, he's got to be show biz poison by now..

Ugh. Ugh. The whole thing. I'm glad it's over and will now fade back into the utter obscurity it deserves. (except I'm sad there was no jail time involved)

All of us were children at some point. This woman is now an adult. So we can stop calling her a child. She isn't anymore.

Isn't it tho?

Are you saying a 15 year old is incapable of using someone? If 15 year old commits a crime, they have been tried as an adult day in and day out.

And? Are you saying a 15 year old is incapable of using someone? If 15 year old commits a crime, they have been tried as an adult day in and day out.

If anyone, in this situation, committed a crime, it was him!
So you're okay with parents encouraging their 15 year old daughter to get involved with a 50 year old man? This is acceptable to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn't commit a crime. Obviously per law it was perfectly legal for him to marry her. So we shouldn't call someone a criminal who didn't break a law.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiIwodrnW9g"]Doug Hutchison and Courtney Stodden Talk Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

If what they both say in this video is to be believed,

1. She was 16 when she met him online.

2. She (and her mother) sought him out via his online acting classes and even had a family friend contact him and ask him to give her special attention.

3. She did not tell him her age and conducted herself as an adult, with the knowledge of her mother, while getting to know him and forming an online relationship, and all the while both Courtney and her mom knew his age.

Once again, so no one misunderstands me, I think this situation is all kinds of sick. I think maybe the sickest part of it is her parents. I think the minute DH found out CS's age he should have ended things. However, this is not a case of a man trolling online for young girls to groom and abuse.

When I was her age I was interest in young hard body surfer dudes. Any guy over 25 was ancient. Was this an arranged thing for money?

What money? Pretty obvious what she was after-fame. Doesn't look like she needs him anymore for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnt328