Lou Smit

Nuisanceposter said:
As easy as it is for me to believe Patsy killed JonBenet, it's hard for me to believe it was intentional...but as narlacat said, how do you strangle someone by accident? Maybe she blacked out and didn't know what she was doing.

I have to assume that Patsy, whom I already believed to be unstable at best, killed JonBenet in a rage and then realized what happened when her child lay lifeless in front of her, and panicked. I used to think John was part of the staging, but now I think he wasn't and didn't know what was up until he found JonBenet when Detective Arndt noticed he was missing around 10 am. He must have noticed that the ransom note was obviously his wife's work, in wording and in writing.

I think JonBenet was awake when they got home Christmas night. On pg. 317 of ST's book, Burke is being interviewed for the grand jury, and says that "his sister fell asleep in the car on the way home but awakened to help carry presents into the house of a friend. When they got home, JonBenet walked in slowly and went up the spiral stairs to bed, just ahead of Patsy."

So Burke's saying that she was awake when they got home. I would believe him over J and P's inconsistent statements. From there I assume that JonBenet, instead of going to sleep as soon as she got home, asked for a snack, and Patsy fed her pineapple from their fridge. From there on out, something happened - either JB went to sleep and awoke with a wet bed and Patsy snapped, perhaps grabbing her by the collar and strangling her that way....or maybe Patsy kept her up, and wanted her to rehearse a cute little performance for the older kids tomorrow at Charlevoix, and JB rebelled, making Patsy decide to punish her....

I'm not sure what to think of the garotte. I think that was part of the staging, done from behind so Patsy wouldn't have to see her daughter's face. The hand tying and tape were clearly staging. The sexual assault (and I could be wrong) I believe to be punishment and not for gratification. I think Patsy was punishing JB for her incontinence, which I'm sure was a much bigger problem for Patsy than she ever let on. Housekeeper LHP said JB's bed-wetting had resurfaced about a month prior to her murder - that leads me to believe she was reacting to some other stress in her life.

Also mentioned in ST's book that Patsy had called Dr Beuf three times on December 17th, but he was unable to find out why Patsy would need to call the family pediatrician about JonBenet three times in one day.

Nuisanceposter,

There are quite a few replies in this thread that defend or promote the innocence of the Ramsey's. This is a smokescreen at best, just as is Lou Smit's Intruder Theory, which the available forensic evidence along with the FBI statistical data demolishes.

The innocence or guilt of the Ramsey's should be left to another forum, or a court of law which is its rightful place, here we should be seeking the identity of the killer of JonBenet Ramsey not dredging the flotsam and jetsam of the internet and media to demonstrate why they must be innocent or guilty!

JonBenet's body was relocated to the wine-cellar from another part of the house, and its likely what was eventually discovered was the end result of multiple stagings not just one.

Does the sexual assault cover up prior abuse or is it an intended part of the staging, bear in mind Lou Smit promoted this was what motivated a sadistic sexual predator.

Most of us would not find it contentious to assume that the Paintbrush handle was used to assault JonBenet, and in the assumed timeline or sequence of events, it would be difficult to describe this as an act of punishment, why penetration anyway?

JonBenet may not have been asphyxiated by her garrote, some other intended or accidental item may have been used, and the garrote applied to obscure this, bear in mind JonBenet has abrasions on her neck that are not consistent with being asphyxiated by an experienced predator using a garrote.

Since there is no forensic evidence to include an Intruder Theory, the case has three main suspects, since JonBenet's death all three have generally colluded to present a 'consistent' picture of events leading upto the discovery of JonBenet's homicide.

Its possible JonBenet's death was not intentional, it may have been as the result of an accident, but then you have to ask just what needs to be hidden from inspection, since death by an accident is hardly a hanging offence?

If I was JonBenet's mother and she accidentally seriously injured herself in my presence, regardless of the circumstances, I would be phoning the hospital ASAP.

Was JonBenet killed to hide prior abuse, then a staging arranged to cover up this aspect?

If you accept the staging, that there was no intruder, that there may only be three suspects, does the fact of collusion after the homicide suggest some form of conspiracy prior to her death?

Teasing apart the Ramsey's legal response to the police investigation is difficult, but just why should Lou Smit have so stubbornly promoted an intruder theory that once he heard the FBI analysis, he should have revised?

Investigators and Profilers are not immune from being influenced, check out google for instances such as "USS Iowa" and the part the FBI's Behavioral Sciences Unit, along with Profilers Roy Hazelwood and Richard Ault played in the presentation. If you consider that a one off, then use google to search for references to "David Koresh" "Branch Dravidians", "Peter Smerick" from the FBI's Behavioral Sciences Unit and of course "John Douglas" who is on record as altering their professional expert opinions regarding Waco to that of their supervisors. In the UK Paul Britton's profiling advice to the police resulted in the entrapment of Colin Stagg in the murder of Rachel Nickell, the case collapsed at the Old Bailey. Here you have a Profiler acting as an advocate and evidence gatherer for the police. The role of Lou Smit's Intruder Theory is similar.

So are we looking at an accident and staged cover up, perpetrated by an enraged parent, or something more darker that requires staging, collusion, and the roping in of other hired professionals?

QUOTE<<or something more darker that requires staging, collusion, and the roping in of other hired professionals?>>

What proof was there of hired professionals??

narlacat said:
QUOTE<<or something more darker that requires staging, collusion, and the roping in of other hired professionals?>>

What proof was there of hired professionals??

narlacat,

Directly or transparently not much, above I was alluding to all the professional advice and expertise that the Ramsey's would have sought out.

Although we may never know the details, I would assume some of this was paid for, and now being familiar with the forensic evidence would question the impariality of any profilers or investigators giving the Ramsey's a clean bill of health.

Accidents do not need the crime-scene staging and media promotion of an Intruder Theory, so imo something darker is being covered up!

Thanks UKGuy, I misunderstood.
I think something darker was being covered up too.
I am regarding the death of JBR less and less as an accident.
How do you accidently strangle someone and bash their head in??
It doesn't make sense....:confused:
Looks to me like someone wanted JBR dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back