GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial starts this week. Really good article to remind us of some of the details

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

By now, even Hernandez seems to have sensed that he was wildly off course. According to a source close to Hernandez, he flew to the NFL Combine in Indianapolis this past February and confided to Belichick that his life was in danger. Hernandez was trying to break away from the gangsters he’d befriended. He worried “they were actually trying to kill him,” says the source. Hernandez began arming himself, stashing a rifle in his gym bag and installing a 14-camera security system at his mansion. “He was very paranoid, but was that because of his addictions or because he was trying to leave the gang?”

This past spring he skipped out on team training drills, going to California to rehab an aching shoulder and take a much-needed break from New England. But while out there, according to the source, he blew off sessions with his therapist, Alex Guerrero, and stood up Tom Brady, who was running a camp for Pats receivers. Worse, the police were called out to his Hermosa Beach rental on March 25th, summoned by his fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins, after a loud dispute during which Hernandez put his fist through a window. No arrest was made, but word got back to Belichick, who exploded and tendered notice: Any more disruptions and he’d be traded or cut at the end of the 2013 season.

Mortified, Hernandez returned to Boston; Belichick, per a close Hernandez associate, had told him to lay low, rent a safe house for a while. In May, he leased a condo in Franklin, Massachusetts, that Carlos Ortiz referred to as the “flophouse,” 12 miles from his mansion in North Attleborough. Wallace moved in there, telling neighbors his name was “George,” and drove Hernandez to and from team workouts. Neighbors described them as “quiet” or absent, until the day after Lloyd’s shooting, when Wallace and Ortiz camped out there before taking off in a rented Chrysler for Bristol, according to a statement Ortiz gave cops.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle#ixzz3Pw6NuRNP
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 13h13 hours ago
It's time for Court Chatter TV #aaronhernandez mock jury! If you'd like to be entered 4 jury selection please email courtchatter@gmail.com

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 6s6 seconds ago
The 18 person jury has been selected! 13 women. 5 men. 6 will be alternates. #AaronHernandez

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 19s20 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez murder trial begins Thursday with opening statements.

Aaron Hernandez trial starts tomorrow
Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It’s her game call to make, but legal experts say the odds are against Bristol Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh barring Aaron Hernandez’s jury from watching his former Patriots teammates play in Sunday’s Super Bowl when the celebrity-packed murder trial gets underway tomorrow in Fall River.

“I don’t think I would instruct them not to watch it. I’m sure all of them, basically, have heard of him,” retired state Supreme Judicial Court Justice John M. Greaney said yesterday of the ex-Pro Bowl tight end.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...2015/01/aaron_hernandez_trial_starts_tomorrow

Aaron Hernandez trial starts tomorrow
Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It’s her game call to make, but legal experts say the odds are against Bristol Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh barring Aaron Hernandez’s jury from watching his former Patriots teammates play in Sunday’s Super Bowl when the celebrity-packed murder trial gets underway tomorrow in Fall River.

“I don’t think I would instruct them not to watch it. I’m sure all of them, basically, have heard of him,” retired state Supreme Judicial Court Justice John M. Greaney said yesterday of the ex-Pro Bowl tight end.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...2015/01/aaron_hernandez_trial_starts_tomorrow
Lol smart...

Are we staying on this thread or getting trial day threads?

Trial starts at 9 a.m. EST Thursday, Jan 29
twitter@AaronHernandez for tweets.

WAT is live streaming at 8:30 EST

Trial starts this week. Really good article to remind us of some of the details

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

By now, even Hernandez seems to have sensed that he was wildly off course. According to a source close to Hernandez, he flew to the NFL Combine in Indianapolis this past February and confided to Belichick that his life was in danger. Hernandez was trying to break away from the gangsters he’d befriended. He worried “they were actually trying to kill him,” says the source. Hernandez began arming himself, stashing a rifle in his gym bag and installing a 14-camera security system at his mansion. “He was very paranoid, but was that because of his addictions or because he was trying to leave the gang?”

This past spring he skipped out on team training drills, going to California to rehab an aching shoulder and take a much-needed break from New England. But while out there, according to the source, he blew off sessions with his therapist, Alex Guerrero, and stood up Tom Brady, who was running a camp for Pats receivers. Worse, the police were called out to his Hermosa Beach rental on March 25th, summoned by his fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins, after a loud dispute during which Hernandez put his fist through a window. No arrest was made, but word got back to Belichick, who exploded and tendered notice: Any more disruptions and he’d be traded or cut at the end of the 2013 season.

Mortified, Hernandez returned to Boston; Belichick, per a close Hernandez associate, had told him to lay low, rent a safe house for a while. In May, he leased a condo in Franklin, Massachusetts, that Carlos Ortiz referred to as the “flophouse,” 12 miles from his mansion in North Attleborough. Wallace moved in there, telling neighbors his name was “George,” and drove Hernandez to and from team workouts. Neighbors described them as “quiet” or absent, until the day after Lloyd’s shooting, when Wallace and Ortiz camped out there before taking off in a rented Chrysler for Bristol, according to a statement Ortiz gave cops.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle#ixzz3Pw6NuRNP
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Great article! Thank you for posting this. A lot of inside info and helps paint a really good picture.

:seeya: Wonder if I'll risk getting addicted to another trial tomorrow.

The Rolling Stone article is a must read for anyone interested in AH backstory. Really, really good.

Christina Hager ‏@HagerWBZ 5m5 minutes ago
Prosecutors had also asked family photos be covered, so as not to play on jurors' sympathies during visit to #AaronHernandez home. #wbz

The Rolling Stone article is a must read for anyone interested in AH backstory. Really, really good.

I tried to access the site and it was no longer available. I will try again later just in case it was down temporarily.

Does anyone know if any local Massachusetts TV station or cable channel will be having live coverage? TIA

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member