MA - Alleged Serial Rapist, Attorney Matthew Nilo, 35, Arrested Due To Genetic Genealogy, 2023 June 1

From what it looks like, off nj.gov I would have to be a private detective, an employer or for volunteer work purposes. OR I need his fingerprint ID number to find anything out. Which is where I have currently stopped my research as I’m at work currently lol

Counting down to March 14th everyone! I am hoping this time his hearing lasts three hours long (at least) and has some progression.

“The entire hearing was about three minutes long and the matter was continued until March 14.” - Boston Globe, Jan 10, 2024

If you look at his Facebook, you'll see that there were numerous young women attracted to and interested in him down through the years. He had tons of male friends as well. His fiancee is sticking by him for now, probably because she hasn't seen all the evidence that the police have on him. He comes across as fun, intelligent, and successful. All of this to say, he compartmentalizes this part of him that wants to brutalize women. He is an extremely dangerous type of person. I'd bet the farm so to speak, that there are many other assaults. As to whether they will come to light, I'm guessing probably not all of them.
Though this guy wasn’t a murderer…. that we know of….. for some reason that Stephen King book/movie comes to mind. “A Good Marriage”.

I haven’t had a chance to look at the time period involved, but Is there a statute of limitation on rape? I’m sure it varies b6 state?

Massachusetts does have a 15 year statute of limitations on rape, and some (but not all) of his attacks apparently would have fallen outside of that window but for the fact that he spent some time out of state at college and working/living. Evidently whenever the accused leaves the state it pauses the clock on the statute of limitations. This is for Massachusetts and rape specifically. https://www.cga.ct.gov/2002/rpt/2002-R-0185.htm

Last night I was doing a little layman’s googling about “Rule 14” which seems to be regarding a mental evaluation for Nilo.

From the looks of it, to me, it seems like the defense hasn’t provided discovery. Not sure if that’s what you guys see or not.

Can anyone who is a lot smarter than me (everyone!) add to this or correct what I just interpreted? Also, the 5th motion of discovery - that doesn’t mean he plead the 5th to something right?

Last edited:
Last night I was doing a little layman’s googling about “Rule 14” which seems to be regarding a mental evaluation for Nilo.

From the looks of it, to me, it seems like the defense hasn’t provided discovery. Not sure if that’s what you guys see or not.

Can anyone who is a lot smarter than me (everyone!) add to this or correct what I just interpreted? Also, the 5th motion of discovery - that doesn’t mean he plead the 5th to something right?

I'm not a lawyer. But what I see is that the prosecution is serving a notice of more discovery that they have turned over and the defense is motioning or asking for other things that they have not received yet. Rule 14 in an overarching sense refers to all pretrial discovery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back