MA MA - Angelo 'Andy' Puglisi, 10, Lawrence, 21 Aug 1976 *POI died in prison 2021*

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=190313

Despite what Pierce called Chapman’s “holier-than-thou attitude” about his Christianity, she said the serial sex fiend, who tortured cats as a child, lured many of his victims to woods by asking them to help find his missing poodle. By the time Chapman was taken off the streets, he owned a blank gun, Mace and handcuffs.

Psychologist Barbara Quinones, who has also interviewed Chapman, warned Whitehead that releasing him back to the public in his seemingly infirm state would be a huge mistake.

His shortcomings, she said, “actually make him more sympathetic and a child would perceive him as safe and someone to help.”

What is a blank gun?

i believe they are replicas of the real things - cannot shoot anything......:rolleyes:

bumping for Andy.

http://www.meridianstar.com/entertainment/cnhinsentertainment_story_120233615.html

Documentary on boy who vanished in 1976 debuts May 17
By Jill Harmacinski
THE EAGLE-TRIBUNE (NORTH ANDOVER, Mass.)

LAWRENCE, Mass. — Growing up in the South Lawrence projects, Melanie Perkins says her neighborhood was full of survivors; victims of physical abuse, substance abuse and poverty. Everyone there lived through a lot and they made it.

But nothing could prepare them for Aug. 24, 1976 | the day Angelo "Andy" Puglisi, 10, vanished from Higgins Memorial Pool.

The film is also being presented by the Molly Bish Foundation and Center, a group dedicated to missing and exploited children. Perkins said she hopes the movie will put the spotlight on Puglisi's disappearance along with those of other missing children.

click the link to read the rest.

I didn't want anyone to miss or forget to watch this Documentary.

Here ya go

xl

Will this be shown only on HBO? I'd like to see it but don't get HBO. Will it be available to buy?

Thinking of Andy.

The slime who was possibly involved with the disappearance of Andy needs to never be free again. Here is where a child predator law whereby they go to jail for life would be helpful. I can't believe the slime may get out. I have no doubt that he will do it again, and he is probably a murderer. Prayers for dear Andy and his family who love and still miss him.

Lion

Can we buy a copy of the documentary as Im not sure we'll get it over here?

Well , Seems HBO does not have this listed. Not even On-Demand for coming up?
I am wondering is HBO ever going to put anything updated on ever?
or will it continue to be the same reruns?

Maybe IFC? (Independant Film Channel?

My own amateur review of “Have You Seen Andy?” Now on Cinemax

“Have You Seen Andy?” is an amazing story surrounding the disappearance of 10- year- old Angelo Puglisi from Lawrence, Massachusetts, in 1976. Long before there were Amber alerts and missing persons websites, the search was not much more than the townsfolk holding hands and walking through the woods calling his name.

Melanie Perkins’ burning desire to make this documentary, started as her childhood promise to find out what happened to her friend Andy. Growing up in a poor neighborhood development across the street from the State Pool, were literally hundreds of children, many from single parent households. Melanie brings her playmates back together years later to discuss what happened to Andy.

The title comes from Andy’s mother’s own lips as she searched for her son asking, “Have you seen Andy?” While Melanie films and searches for answers, Andy's family and friends recall fondly how they remembered Andy, and police go over their investigation. Earlier the day he disappeared, Melanie had asked Andy to walk home with her, but he was not ready to leave the pool. That was the last time Melanie saw her friend Andy and this memory is her motivation for years in the making of this made for HBO film.

Melanie nudges investigators to re- open the case and uncovers possible leads and evidence missed in 1976. Viewers follow the investigation into the woods where cadaver dogs pick up scent and a dig is undertaken only leading to disappointment.

Information uncovered about the five sex offenders who were at the State Pool the day that Andy disappeared sends a chill, as it becomes clear that more than one could have been involved. Melanie pushes on to interview suspects, gaining insight into the sex offender mentality, and realizing that a pedophile network was in place.

This film is not just about Andy, but all the kids who went missing, have not been found, and their cases cold and closed. Melanie illustrates how serious the child predator nightmare is as she touches on groups of predators who have networked to form a community of like- minded men who actually believe they have rights to have sex with children.

Even If you are a CSI fan you will still love this movie as it is the real deal but without all the modern technology which was not available in 1976. Nancy Drew would have been proud of Perkins tenacity and resourcefulness at getting to whatever truth can be found.

Check out http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/haveyouseenandy/index.html for times this will replay and also for more information on Andy Puglisi.

Anne

Thanks for the review, Anne!

I don't have extended cable, but I would love to see this documentary. Hopefully it will eventually be made available on DVD.

As a child I lived in a neighborhood and went to school with a little girl who disappeared and I appreciate the director's attempts to explore the affect such an event has on the children left in its wake. Although I didn't know Kate Lyon as well as the director knew Andy, her disappearance has haunted me throughout my life.

The movie really left a lot of questions regarding other kids who went missing around the same time and age. Melanie uncovered some real serious sick men who may have worked together with a Can you help me find my dog routine. SHe had taped recording of one such man who described how he felt when he saw a bus of children and it was quite repulsive.

The men she names in her movie could well have been responsible for MANY childrens disappearance for the way it was presented. One comes up for parole each year.

When I asked her about vhs or dvd before she indicated no plans for that but did say it will replay a few times. THursday and Saturday I believe. It really would be well worth the effort to locate someone with the max to tape it for you or to watch there.

I didnt have max either but we realized like 30 minutes before 7 that we could order it by phone for a month and it was instant. like 20.00.

Anne

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back