MA MA - Clotilde “Claudette” Arruda Tremblay, 33, Portuguese native mom, Fall River, husband never reported her missing, 1988

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
As part of Bristol County District Attorney Thomas Quinn III’s ongoing Missing Persons Initiative, their office, working with the Massachusetts Unresolved Unit and the Fall River Police Department, are seeking the public’s help in providing any information related to missing person, Clotilde (Arruda) Tremblay.
1676568137026.jpeg
The DA’s Office revealed that Clotilde “Claudette” Arruda was born in St. Miguel in the Azores. After coming to the United States, she settled in Fall River where many of her family members also lived. In 1980, she married Robert Tremblay, and they later had a child together. While living in Fall River, Clotilde was employed working as a machine operator.

Clotilde went missing in 1988 at the age of 33. At the time of her disappearance, she was living with her husband and their 8-year-old daughter at 128 Pearce Street in Fall River. Clotilde had been working at F&F Braid Company which was also located on Pearce Street near her home.

According to the DA’s Office, her husband, Robert Tremblay, has claimed that Clotilde left him in 1988 for another man, although there is no evidence that he ever reported her disappearance to law enforcement authorities. Despite his claim, there has been no trace of Clotilde since that time. Family members reject the idea that Clotilde voluntarily ran off with another man. Her family described Clotilde as being extremely close to her daughter and the suggestion that she voluntarily disappeared leaving her daughter behind is not possible. A neighbor also expressed disbelief with the husband’s explanation. The neighbor described Clotilde as a loving mother who was inseparable from her daughter. For this reason and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, both Clotilde’s family members and her neighbor believe that something happened to Clotilde at that time.

To date, efforts by the police to locate Clotilde have been unsuccessful and her disappearance is considered suspicious. Law enforcement authorities are seeking the public’s help in providing any information regarding the disappearance or whereabouts of Clotilde (Arruda) Tremblay.

If you have any information, please contact: Lt. AnnMarie Robertson of the Massachusetts State Police at (508) 961-1918 or Lt. John MacDonald of the Fall River Police Department at (508) 324-2796 ext. 253.

*For Portuguese speaking callers, please call Detective Luis Vertentes of the Fall River Police Department at (508) 324-2796, ext. 260.

Clotilde “Claudette” Tremblay of Fall River hasn’t been seen since 1988. (Photo courtesy of the Bristol County District Attorney's Office)

She was born as Clotilde Arruda in St. Miguel in the Azores and moved to Fall River to be with family.

Clotilde married Robert Tremblay in 1980 and they later had a daughter.

Her family and neighbor disputed that, saying Clotilde was “inseparable” from her daughter and would never leave her.

Both her family and neighbor believe something happened to Clotilde.

View attachment 403388View attachment 403391
I wonder if she could be Dorchester Jane Doe. The timeline doesn't match her but her remains were skeletal, so they could be off.
I think this matches up pretty well at least as far as appearance/age goes. I wonder if Clotilde had any Brazilian ancestry.

I wish I knew how they arrived at the date of estimated death for Dorchester Jane Doe as 2005. She was found with clothing, so maybe they knew the manufacturing date of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this matches up pretty well at least as far as appearance/age goes. I wonder if Clotilde had any Brazilian ancestry.

I wish I knew how they arrived at the date of estimated death for Dorchester Jane Doe as 2005. She was found with clothing, so maybe they knew the manufacturing date of that?
Considering Portugal's History, it's highly possible.

I wish I knew how they arrived at the date of estimated death for Dorchester Jane Doe as 2005
From Doe Network
Between January 2002 and January 2005, an access door to the building basement was typically left unlocked. Whoever buried the woman knew that, and knew of the chimney as a hiding place.

Tremblay’s husband at the time told investigators he believed his wife ran off with another man, according to Quinn.

“We don’t find that to be credible,” Quinn said, adding that her husband is “a person of interest.”

Det. Lt. Ann Marie Robertson, who’s in charge of the Massachusetts State Police’s Unresolved Cases Unit, said investigators are looking into whether any unidentified remains found in New England belong to Tremblay.

“We believe she’s no longer living and we’re looking into this case,” Robertson said. “We want to give the family some closure … Every daughter deserves to know where her mother is.”

According to the DA’s Office, her husband, Robert Tremblay, has claimed that Clotilde left him in 1988 for another man, although there is no evidence that he ever reported her disappearance to law enforcement authorities. Despite his claim, there has been no trace of Clotilde since that time. Family members reject the idea that Clotilde voluntarily ran off with another man. Her family described Clotilde as being extremely close to her daughter and the suggestion that she voluntarily disappeared leaving her daughter behind is not possible. A neighbor also expressed disbelief with the husband’s explanation. The neighbor described Clotilde as a loving mother who was inseparable from her daughter. For this reason and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, both Clotilde’s family members and her neighbor believe that something happened to Clotilde at that time.

"Mr. McClendon maintains his innocence and I believe he's innocent," Fasoldt said.

A spokesperson for the Essex County District Attorney's office said they plan to retry McClendon.

No new trial date has been set.

Tremblay, of Salem, New Hampshire, was found in a Lawrence trainyard on Sept. 12, 1988, the day after she was reported missing. She had been stabbed and her body had been run over by a train, authorities said.

The victim had accompanied her mother and her mother's boyfriend to a Lawrence social club not far from the railyard and went outside to play while the adults stayed inside, authorities said last year. She was reported missing later that night.

Lawrence and Salem are just a few miles apart.

McClendon, a former employee of the Massachusetts prisons department, lived near Lawrence in Chelmsford and was doing carpentry work at the time of the killing, authorities said. He worked and attended church in Lawrence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back