GUILTY MA - Darlene Haynes, 23, slain, fetus cut from womb, Worcester, 23 July 2009

John F. Hill‏@johnfhill2·41 secs
Julie Corey is GUILTY of murder in first degree.

John F. Hill‏@johnfhill2·2 mins
Corey is sobbing audibly.

John F. Hill‏@johnfhill2·1 min
Prosecutor says victim Darlene Haynes's father wants to speak before sentencing.

John F. Hill‏@johnfhill2·14 secs
Defense wants to postpone sentencing because of Corey's emotional state. Prosecution agrees. Moved to feb 18, 9 am.

I meant to post the jury question from earlier...here's the tweet.

John F. Hill‏@johnfhill2·4 hrs
Here's the jury's question: "Does the defendant have to be the person who actually killed Darlene…(1/2)
John F. Hill‏@johnfhill2·4 hrs
"...or is it felony murder if someone else killed darlene and gave the baby to Julie?" (2/2)

Todd Kazakiewich‏@ToddKazakiewich·2h
Julie Corey receives mandatory sentence of life in prison for murder of Darlene Haynes & stealing her fetus. #wcvb

I was reading about how Tito had thrown Darlene into a glass coffee table some months (?) before her murder.
It would appear like he certainly might have been involved. If so, I hope LE goes after him.
JMO

What a sad life Darlene had , and then to be murdered and her baby taken. Horrible.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2015/03/darlene_haynes_murder_home.html

It was the scene of one of the most horrific killings in Worcester's history, but city officials have hopes of breathing new life into the place where Darlene Haynes was callously killed for her unborn baby.

The 94 Southgate St. home where the 23-year Haynes was found dead, wrapped in a blanket and stuffed into a closet in the master bedroom of apartment 2R is in foreclosure now, according to records...

City Manager Edward Augustus Jr. said the city's Inspectional Services has declared the building a slum and blight on the neighborhood. A bid to demolish the building is out now. "My plan is to give it to the Canterbury Street Magnet Computer-Based School as green space and hopefully a playground," the city manager said. The school is next door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back