MA MA - Josef Unterhuber, 32, Boston, 11 Jan 1988

I should do it for sure, but I think Josef insn't in Doe Network

Yes is in Doe

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/408dmita.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 408DMITA
408DMITA.jpg

Josef Unterhuber

Missing since January 11, 1988 from Bolzano, Italy.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 182 cm
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Blue eyes; brown, wavy hair. He wears glasses or contacts. His facial hair is red.
  • Marks, Scars: He has a scar on the inside of his right thigh. He has an old fracture on the left arm close to the shoulder.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Josef Unterhuber was a translator when he disappeared on 11 January 1988. On that day, Josef left for a two weeks vacation. He didn't tell anyone where he was going and never returned.
It was discovered that Josef had requested a Visa for New York at the Vienna airport on the day after his disappearance. On July 7th of the same year he left the State of New York.On February 12, 1989, the Bolzano Police Station was informed by the Italian Consulate that his passport had been found in a facility for homeless people in Boston.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Chi l'ha visto?

Email

Source Information:
Chi L'ha Visto?

Wow, Ok, tonight I will enter the information in the form that told Romolus :scared:

I submitted the form for comparison with uid UP6018, on DoeNetwork

Here is the reply:
"Hello Nadia,

Your suggested match was previously submitted to Doe Network and was forwarded to law enforcement officials. Thank you for your efforts in trying to resolve these cases.

Best Regards,
Mary Bell
Tips & Potential Match Coordinator
Doe Network "International Center For Unidentified And Missing Persons”

So, I guess we can only wait...

I had a few minutes to try to send a few messages to people named George Unterhuber letting them know I'm a missing and unidentified person's advocate in the US trying to find the brother or relative of Josef Unterhuber from Bolzano, Italy who's been missing in the US since January 11, 1988. Asking that they please let me know if they are related to him. I included his Doe Network info.
The Doe Network: Case File 408DMITA - Josef Unterhuber - Missing since January 11, 1988 from Bolzano, Italy.

Vital Statistics -
Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 182 cm
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blue eyes; brown, wavy hair. He wears glasses or contacts. His facial hair is red.
Marks, Scars: He has a scar on the inside of his right thigh. He has an old fracture on the left arm close to the shoulder.

Circumstances of Disappearance - Josef Unterhuber was a translator when he disappeared on 11 January 1988. On that day, Josef left for a two weeks vacation. He didn't tell anyone where he was going and never returned.

It was discovered that Josef had requested a Visa for New York at the Vienna airport on the day after his disappearance. On July 7th of the same year he left the State of New York.

On February 12, 1989, the Bolzano Police Station was informed by the Italian Consulate that his passport had been found in a facility for homeless people in Boston.

from 2001 article in MA:

Three weeks ago, Unterhuber's 80-year-old mother (Maria Edler) gave blood to authorities so that Quincy police can have the DNA samples analyzed and compared with the skeletal remains. Authorities are now awaiting the results.
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Relentless-quest-to-learn-identity-of-man-s-2928925.php

Maybe we can check with Quincy LE or Robert Lingoes if they by any chance still have his mother DNA? (I believe in miracles :) )

Thanks Carbuff, wasn't sure if it would be Boston police. Sounds like he was in NY for a few months; ending up in Mass. There aren't many Does in NamUs from Mass. Just did a google, Boston is in Suffolk County.

NamUs UP # 14107 no DNA Date found March 09, 1988 - found in a field on Rumford Ave Newton
NamUs UP # 14790 no DNA Date found August 04, 1988 Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues - found by a fishing boat 12-15 miles at sea came to shore in Gloucester
NamUs UP # 12380 DNA - Date found December 17, 1990 Date found Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only - Probable year of death 1988 to 1990 Chicopee Masst

From article above and from http://www.doenetwork.org/media/unterhuber.html Quincy police did rule him out as being match to one of their UIDs in Massachusetts, but I am not sure from the information if it was 2nd UID on Roselvr list found on August 04, 1988 or 3rd one, found on December 17, 1990.

from 2001 article in MA:

Three weeks ago, Unterhuber's 80-year-old mother (Maria Edler) gave blood to authorities so that Quincy police can have the DNA samples analyzed and compared with the skeletal remains. Authorities are now awaiting the results.
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Relentless-quest-to-learn-identity-of-man-s-2928925.php

Maybe we can check with Quincy LE or Robert Lingoes if they by any chance still have his mother DNA? (I believe in miracles :) )

From article above and from http://www.doenetwork.org/media/unterhuber.html Quincy police did rule him out as being match to one of their UIDs in Massachusetts, but I am not sure from the information if it was 2nd UID on Roselvr list found on August 04, 1988 or 3rd one, found on December 17, 1990.

This is the thread for this case

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tal-in-shallow-grave-off-Quarry-Street-Mar-91

Anything even tonight spoke of the case of Josef in the italian program Chi l'ha visto? despite I had rewritten an email to compare his case with that unidentified man found in Kingston...Very sad! :(

Bumping and subscribing.
Case File 408DMITA
cache.php

Josef Unterhuber
Missing since January 11, 1988 from Bolzano, Italy.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 182 cm
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Blue eyes; brown, wavy hair. He wears glasses or contacts. His facial hair is red.
  • Marks, Scars: He has a scar on the inside of his right thigh. He has an old fracture on the left arm close to the shoulder.
It was discovered that Josef had requested a Visa for New York at the Vienna airport on the day after his disappearance. On July 7th of the same year he left the State of New York.

On February 12, 1989, the Bolzano Police Station was informed by the Italian Consulate that his passport had been found in a facility for homeless people in Boston

BUMP
Has the DNA that Boston Police received been entered into CODIS? I cant understand why he doesnt have a Namus profile considering he went missing in the USA. Whether it is entered in NY when he left the airport, or Boston where he may have been. Does anyone think this doe is worth submitting? He was found skeletal 20 years later, im thinking the chin isnt chiseled enough..

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 15
BUMP
Has the DNA that Boston Police received been entered into CODIS? I cant understand why he doesnt have a Namus profile considering he went missing in the USA. Whether it is entered in NY when he left the airport, or Boston where he may have been. Does anyone think this doe is worth submitting? He was found skeletal 20 years later, im thinking the chin isnt chiseled enough..

Link for this UID?

Link for this UID?
CCJD found him lol. Good sleuthing. My concern is the cleft, His looks like it is more prominant and at the front of the chin where the John Does cleft is softer and at the bottom of the Jaw. I looked up a couple of skulls with clefts to see what the artist might have seen... other than that the upper portion is very similar,

There was a Boston area news broadcast during the pandemic (last March, maybe? I forgot to write it down) that mentioned Josef's case as part of a longer story about Boston-area missing people. They indicated that it was being looked at again, but didn't say by which agency or whether there was anything news.

I re-write Lory Bruski for insert this case in Namus. ;) we await answers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back