MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goode answering says he answered a 911 call. We’re going to hear it now. “My friend’s boyfriend didn’t come home last night.”

12:43 PM · May 6, 2024

#KarenRead is stoically sitting while this 911 is played. Dispatcher says no one was arrested. This call had a sort of casual tone, Goode didn’t seem too concerned, and neither did the caller.

12:47 PM · May 6, 2024

@SueNBCBoston

@TedDanielnews

Ofc Sean Goode says he received a "911 call" from Kerry Roberts around 5am asking if anybody had been locked up overnight. ADA Lally is playing call for jury. Roberts is heard saying, "You didn't pick up anybody named John O'Keefe?" "I called the area hospitals, figured I would call Canton police just to make sure"

12:45 PM · May 6, 2024

This is what concerns me about AJ (yes, I know he's a defense attorney- and is doing his jam), he tries to change the narrative often. moo
But Lt. Paul Gallagher testified that the taillight did break and "shatter" during it's removal. He claimed no pieces hit the ground in the sallyport.

edit: Nevermind, Gallagher then contradicts himself a few moments later. lol

This call is more frantic, clearly an upsetting and terrible scene. Goode asks if anyone can do CPR. She whispers “I think he’s gone”

An ambulance with a siren goes by outside the courthouse, the open window causes a pause in the call. #KarenRead is sitting stoically. Some jurors look visibly moved by call.

@SueNBCBoston

If it was their family member murdered on someone's lawn, would any of these law enforcement officers be satisfied with these "investigation tactics"?
I don't think so.

And why is the judge helping and prodding Lally to do his job? "Are you sure you don't want to object?" "Don't you want to look at that document before the defense reviews it" etc.

I have no problem with defense pointing out shoddy investigation but when you nitpick a witness to death it makes you look bad. People were laughing at the defense atty. Pick a few key points/issues with each witness and move on. Otherwise you lose all the punch. This is just bad lawyering. Aside from the ridiculous conspiracy theory. JMO
I think you are wrong. The only people looking bad are the witnesses. If one of my loved ones was ever on trial I would want a lawyer just like the lawyers defending KR.

If one of my loved ones was a victim of a crime I would not want any of the LE involved so far to do the investigation, especially if another LE was possibly involved in the crime.

MOO

I think much depends on what happens next. For instance, if the blood in the cups plays a big role in the case, then the jurors will understand why the tedious cross was necessary. If it is never mentioned again, it is likely to be annoying.
I think it's interesting only a few droplets of blood were found, since the prosecution says O'Keefe's injuries and death occurred in the same location.

If it was their family member murdered on someone's lawn, would any of these law enforcement officers be satisfied with these "investigation tactics"?
I don't think so.

And why is the judge helping and prodding Lally to do his job? "Are you sure you don't want to object?" "Don't you want to look at that document before the defense reviews it" etc.

Yes, I have seen that as well. The hand-holding and guiding of Lally, as well as the obvious push back of the defense. Sometimes, she 'sustains' an objection before Lally has objected !!!

This whole line of questioning by defense is so tedious. My goodness! This is why this trial will take 6-8 weeks so defense can nit-pick every darn thing. Evidence collection containers: glass or plastic? Sterile swabs are in what type of container? Could anybody sneeze over the cup? Blah blah blah. Ugh!

JMO
If you were accused of second-degree murder and other charges would you prefer your defense did not 'nit-pick every darn thing'?

If you were accused of second-degree murder and other charges would you prefer your defense did not 'nit-pick every darn thing'?
depends... is that is an effective tactic or not? again - the defense alleges a vast conspiracy. collecting blood in solo cups isn't police 101 - but time was of the essence and it doesn't feel like the actions of a conspiracy member.

harping on stuff like that vs. the "dog bites" - might start to make some jurors think the defense is just throwing slop at a wall and that might hurt.

look if the defense can prove those are dog bites - the whole case looks different. that alone might be enough to sink or break the case. blood in cups is nonsense... unless the defense is alleging mystery blood or whatever.

depends... is that is an effective tactic or not? again - the defense alleges a vast conspiracy. collecting blood in solo cups isn't police 101 - but time was of the essence and it doesn't feel like the actions of a conspiracy member.

harping on stuff like that vs. the "dog bites" - might start to make some jurors think the defense is just throwing slop at a wall and that might hurt.

look if the defense can prove those are dog bites - the whole case looks different. that alone might be enough to sink or break the case. blood in cups is nonsense... unless the defense is alleging mystery blood or whatever.

They're alleging a conspiracy. If LE is not observing chain of custody with important evidence or notes aren't being taken from interviews, etc it shows that some kind of tampering could easily have been done and there's no records to prove or disprove that. Certainly can push one juror to have reasonable doubt. Sorry, but if a family member of mine was supposedly murdered and the police are out there collecting blood in solo cups, I would be extremely concerned. You'd clearly be fine with it but I would not.

JMO.

They're alleging a conspiracy. If LE is not observing chain of custody with important evidence or notes aren't being taken from interviews, etc it shows that some kind of tampering could easily have been done and there's no records to prove or disprove that. Certainly can push one juror to have reasonable doubt. Sorry, but if a family member of mine was supposedly murdered and the police are out there collecting blood in solo cups, I would be extremely concerned. You'd clearly be fine with it but I would not.

JMO.
I didn't say, I'd "clearly be fine with it." I said, "depends."

What you've done is take something I've said and made it into something you want it to be. I feel like that's what a decent amount of the "conspiracy" crowd is doing with the facts of this case.

Is the point to get true justice for O'Keefe or is this a sport where people root for laundry?

I didn't say, I'd "clearly be fine with it." I said, "depends."

What you've done is take something I've said and made it into something you want it to be. I feel like that's what a decent amount of the "conspiracy" crowd is doing with the facts of this case.

Is the point to get true justice for O'Keefe or is this a sport where people root for laundry?

You literally just said that blood in cups is nonsense. That certainly gives the impression that you don't have a problem with it. I didn't say anything about denying O'Keefe justice and I don't really understand your comment about laundry. If I don't believe she did it, then I don't want an innocent person sent to jail. Is that OK? Furthermore, if someone else is guilty of this, how does sending Karen Read to prison deliver justice for O'Keefe?

MOO

JMO.

Well, in early morning after a blizzard, things might be done the best they can which is somewhat worse than usual I assume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000