MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TedDanielnews

Judge has sent the jury home for the day so Canton Police Sgt Michael Lank can be questioned without them present. Jackson questioning his ties to Albert family now

3:51 PM · May 6, 2024

@BienickWCVB

Sgt. Michael Lank takes the stand for questioning outside of the presence of jury. Lank says he and Chris Albert grew up as friends.

3:52 PM · May 6, 2024

Find me any case on Websleuths with that as the reaction for an innocent and uninvolved person. I'll wait.
I'm not sure the snark is warranted. I can tell you that after my uncle passed away (of natural causes) my aunt was extremely distraught and making similar statements about not wanting to live anymore.

Note - I'm not saying you're wrong. It's certainly possible a murderer may regret their actions and say something like that. It's just that it's not 100% proof of anything.

Sure. If KR is calling her father moments after finding JO dead saying she's going to kill herself, that's not typical behavior of someone who has just found their partner dead.

Those are the actions of someone with a guilty conscience.
I appreciate your response. However, I wholeheartedly disagree 100%. It appears that KR has a good relationship with her father. I commend him for that. In addition, thoughts of suicide, threats of suicide ought always be taken seriously. moo

Yannetti establishing that #KarenRead was upset.
5 police vehicles on scene.
3 had lights on.
2 ambulance on scene.
1 firetruck
Yannetti establishing that the wind, the lights, the noise the screaming made it chaotic.
Yes

Split dashcam footage.
Goode’s at the bottom.
All the jurors watching intently.

Yannetti asks Goode to observe & compare.
Does the top show the same thing but from a different vantage?
Yes

Judge calls a sidebar.
Jury stretches.

This seems to be about numbering exhibits.
Yannetti back, establishing Goode was there for an hour & 40 minutes.
With all the lights flashing, during that time, did you see Albert come out of his house?
No
Did you see OKeefe?
I don’t think so.

All police officers are first responders.
Did you ask Brian Albert why he didn’t come out of the house?
No
When did Kevin Albert broach the topic of you being a first responder to the scene?
I don’t know.
Goode doesn’t recall when, how or where they first discussed it.

Did you hear #KarenRead say “I hit him! I hit him!”?
No
You didn’t include it in your report because you didn’t hear it?
Correct

You testified “the leaf blower worked great,”
You got to the ground?
Yes
You searched the area best you could?
Yes
You brought your leaf blower, first time you used that?
Yes

You found blood?
Yes
Yannetti establishing Goode did a professional search.
How many pieces of tail light did you find?
None.
Did you find a hat or a shoe?
No

How was the crime scene secured?
Crime scene tape, road was closed.
Yannetti asking about tent, heater.
Did you post an officer?
No
After 2 hours nobody was guarding the scene?
That crime scene was open to the public.
Yes

A reminder I am paraphrasing.

One name not completely spelled out in report.
Brian Albert.
Did you omit his full name to mask his involvement?
No
Did you include in your report that Colin Albert was there?
No

Brian Higgins home address was not listed.
Instead, the police department was listed as his address.
Was he involved in an official capacity?
No
Why was his address listed as Canton Police Dept?
I don’t know.

Yannetti gives Goode a report.
Goode is reviewing.
Goode confirms it’s his police report.
Goode keeps the report.
Yannetti confirming what it says.
There’s an objection, Sidebar

@SueNBCBoston
thank you for this

i will need some time to get my jaw off the floor

In everything that I have read, no one has brought up the idea that it could’ve been another car, from a completely random driver that hit JO. If I was a juror hearing the evidence that we had talked about over the past few years, I would conclude that it is just as likely that another car hit him.

@SueNBCBoston

Lally is up.
Asking about involvement with Albert family.
Lank was involved in something when charges were brought against an Albert.
Lank describes his relationship with Brian Albert as “civil”.
The 2 have not socialized alone.
Do you and Brian get along?

4:05 PM · May 6, 2024

We’ve had disagreements in the past.
Jackson back up.
Jackson asking about the Tim Albert incident.
Tim had a crash, fled the scene, the fluid from his car led to the Albert home.
Jackson: you didn’t have much choice, the evidence was right there.

4:08 PM · May 6, 2024

@SueNBCBoston

Arguing the jury should know about this relationship.
Jackson making a strong argument that Lank has known the Alberts too long, he should have recused.
Judge asks how it would be introduced.
Judge doesn’t want a “trial within a trial”.

4:13 PM · May 6, 2024

Jackson is seeking to have one of the people involved in the suit testify.
Judge asks for the police report tonight.
Jackson doesn’t have it but will work to get it.
Lally now, it’s a little hard to hear him, next to an open window & there’s a truck outside.

4:16 PM · May 6, 2024

Find me any case on Websleuths with that as the reaction for an innocent and uninvolved person. I'll wait.
She wasn't "uninvolved". She had been searching for him and had been the one to let him out of the car in the cold. Also, it is likely that she thought the death was her fault. She wasn't at all an "uninvolved person".

I'm not sure the snark is warranted. I can tell you that after my uncle passed away (of natural causes) my aunt was extremely distraught and making similar statements about not wanting to live anymore.

Note - I'm not saying you're wrong. It's certainly possible a murderer may regret their actions and say something like that. It's just that it's not 100% proof of anything.
I had a drunk friend contemplate suicide after their cat died.

What about cameras, surveillance cameras, cctv? No one in the neighborhood had cameras? Hard to fathom that a Boston police officer did not have any cameras? moo
Don't forget, that early into the investigation the police leaked to the news media, specifically WBZ-TV news, that there was Ring camera video of KR hitting KO with her car, "WBZ-TV I-Team sources said investigators have video of the incident from a Ring doorbell camera and Read’s car has been impounded.". Every witness who spoke with the police after the news report on February 2, was under the impression it was an open and shut case and that video proof existed of the killing. Who from the police leaked that lie and for what reason? Why were the cops using the media to try to implicate KR and to influence all the interviews that were to come. Almost all of the people who were interviewed and claimed to have heard KR say "I hit him" only reported this being said AFTER the February 2 news report. It would be awesome if a reporter were called to the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000