MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a reason given as to why the most high profile trial in a a decade in MA was moved to a tiny court room?
This confuses me. My understanding is that they moved to the smaller courtroom out of concern that in the previous larger courtroom, several seats in the jury box would not be able to see the faces of the witnesses giving evidence.

But if that was the case, surely that would have been the case for every trial that took place in that courtroom? How could a courtroom be fit for purpose if the jury couldn't fully see the witness?!

regarding the 'cocktail glass' discovery, given all of the 'makes you go hmmm' stuff in the 'investigation' i am not sure why anyone would give that much weight to it in determining what happened that night

there is just SO much wrong about what was done or not done that IMO it casts pretty much everything in doubt

that is not to say it's a 'vast conspiracy' but surely there is reasonable doubt even now, at least IMO

I agree. Regarding the solo cups: Apparently evidence collecting containers are sterile according to testimony today. Solo cups are considered clean. If the plastic packaging of the solo cups has been opened, they are considered contaminated in terms of cleanliness. We have to assume many hands may have been in the packaging to remove cups in a family situation. I'm gobsmacked by this investigation.
Further, if a policeman is found dead outside of a home where he was supposed to have been going, why is there no probable cause for entering the Albert home? Wouldn't it be prudent to determine if the victim made entry to the home in order to rule in or out what trauma he may have suffered and possible time of death?

Just found this photo from the Solo Cup factory. They are not using gloves. (Why would they?) So it's obviously not a completely sterile environment.

1715037680419.png

I'm sure we've all peed in a cup before. They use sterile containers for a reason. Looks like they go for about 35 cents per cup on Amazon.

They claim to have found broken taillight pieces, but they were found much later. Since the "crime scene" was released to the public within 2 hours, and the taillight pieces were found after those 2 hours, I would say that they very well could have been planted and prove nothing since we DO have video of her possibly bumping into his vehicle that morning. There is no way to tell that they were actually there when everyone showed up because they were not found or collected.

If they suspected that she hit him as they claim - why didn't they use their cute little evidence collecting snow blower in the road to look for evidence?
Just another bungling of the investigation IMO. It's almost as if they were not really looking to investigate. They had made up their minds regarding what they thought and didn't want to tick off superiors, IMO. I can't think of any other reason for skipping so many investigative steps. Filming and plotting are so important, especially when investigating.
Also, KR should not have been driving that night (obvious to us all), but probably most of the party goers were in the same predicament. If KR was blacking out at all, then it would make perfect sense to me that she may wonder if she had possibly hit JOK with her backing vehicle, if she remembers backing up. On the other hand, the wounds suffered by JOK do not represent being hit by a vehicle IMO, as well as the scratches on his arm.
I'd hate to see an innocent go to jail. On the other hand, I'd hate to see a murderer get away with murder. Has there been a history of domestic abuse by KR? I just can't imagine anyone deliberately killing anyone else though we see it all the time here. I picture an accident at the very most in the case. So I don't get the murder charge. But we'll see as the trial continues.

Just found this photo from the Solo Cup factory. They are not using gloves. (Why would they?) So it's obviously not a completely sterile environment.

View attachment 501846

I'm sure we've all peed in a cup before. They use sterile containers for a reason. Looks like they go for about 35 cents per cup on Amazon.
Yes, solo cups would be considered clean, not sterile. Testimony today reported that evidence collecting containers are sterile which would make perfect sense to me.

regarding the 'cocktail glass' discovery, given all of the 'makes you go hmmm' stuff in the 'investigation' i am not sure why anyone would give that much weight to it in determining what happened that night

there is just SO much wrong about what was done or not done that IMO it casts pretty much everything in doubt

that is not to say it's a 'vast conspiracy' but surely there is reasonable doubt even now, at least IMO
He'd of been holding the glass (don't think that was planted, but it's a mess). He wouldn't of gotten beat up inside, still holding his glass. How did it break in pieces and by him, outside.
NOT sure about the tail light as it was not found where he lay..till two hours later while all exposed to anyone who wanted to go see that area. Another poster noted that the tail lights would of been by the curb 'where he was hit initially'. It's a horrible mess all around, shocking how it was handled. Disgusts me that purposely did not go into the house, nor those come out. PLEASE. Rotten all around and we need to know the condition of his outerwear for his arm. I also thought very early on, that he fell on the broken glass, not even thinking about his outerwear that would show blood on the sleeve. I hope we know that part as the clothing issue sounds iffy too.

I didn't say, I'd "clearly be fine with it." I said, "depends."

What you've done is take something I've said and made it into something you want it to be. I feel like that's what a decent amount of the "conspiracy" crowd is doing with the facts of this case.

Is the point to get true justice for O'Keefe or is this a sport where people root for laundry?
My goal is to see where the evidence leads.
And if your evidence is not done by police procedure then there is a problem.
I was not at the scene. I have no reason to know factually who killed John O’Keefe.
From what I have heard so far there is no evidence to show KR killed her boyfriend that night accidentally or intentionally.

As far as the investigation - i’ve followed many cases thru out the country. Many in towns smaller and way less sophisticated than Canton Massachusetts with far less economic resources. And I have never witnessed such a boondoggle.
Are all the DA’s cases so fubar? If they are I would chalk it up to biz as usual but I don’t know that.
There are no winners here.
If truly innocent KR will always be labeled a cop killer.
If not innocent she will prob walk scott free due to a seriously flawed investigation.
John’s family gets no answers.
I really am hoping for the truth to come out - either during the trial or after.
Somebody knows exactly what happened IMO.

That’s the bottom line imo. Who knows? Everything, as you say, cast in doubt. An abundance of reasonable doubt. JMO

Just another bungling of the investigation IMO. It's almost as if they were not really looking to investigate. They had made up their minds regarding what they thought and didn't want to tick off superiors, IMO. I can't think of any other reason for skipping so many investigative steps. Filming and plotting are so important, especially when investigating.
Also, KR should not have been driving that night (obvious to us all), but probably most of the party goers were in the same predicament. If KR was blacking out at all, then it would make perfect sense to me that she may wonder if she had possibly hit JOK with her backing vehicle, if she remembers backing up. On the other hand, the wounds suffered by JOK do not represent being hit by a vehicle IMO, as well as the scratches on his arm.
I'd hate to see an innocent go to jail. On the other hand, I'd hate to see a murderer get away with murder. Has there been a history of domestic abuse by KR? I just can't imagine anyone deliberately killing anyone else though we see it all the time here. I picture an accident at the very most in the case. So I don't get the murder charge. But we'll see as the trial continues.
Pros. attempting to show she did back into him in a rage as they were arguing and she 'snapped'. He was said to be trying to get her to move out of his house and break up the relationship. He just was still sliding along with her it appears unfortunately as couples do who should cut it clean break. 'Tempers flare'..

My goal is to see where the evidence leads.
And if your evidence is not done by police procedure then there is a problem.
I was not at the scene. I have no reason to know factually who killed John O’Keefe.
From what I have heard so far there is no evidence to show KR killed her boyfriend that night accidentally or intentionally.

As far as the investigation - i’ve followed many cases thru out the country. Many in towns smaller and way less sophisticated than Canton Massachusetts with far less economic resources. And I have never witnessed such a boondoggle.
Are all the DA’s cases so fubar? If they are I would chalk it up to biz as usual but I don’t know that.
There are no winners here.
If truly innocent KR will always be labeled a cop killer.
If not innocent she will prob walk scott free due to a seriously flawed investigation.
John’s family gets no answers.
I really am hoping for the truth to come out - either during the trial or after.
Somebody knows exactly what happened IMO.
Yes. J.O and his family deserve to know without a doubt, evidence showing clearly, what happened and by who.

View attachment 501846

Sterilization means the original number of organisms has been inactivated by 6 logs or 10^6. All the inactivated bacterial dead bodies are still there. Its has nothing to do with cleanliness, in fact non sterile cups may be cleaner. Sterilization typically does not render product DNA free either. Forensic standards require you use ethylene oxide to sterilize those products.

As far as the jury goes, so far IMO, they have seen nothing from the state that PROVES that KR killed JOK. They have stories....seriously questionable and doubtful stories.

It's as if the jury might be in this..." Cool story, bruh" mindset.
They ( we ) are waiting for the proof.

@BienickWCVB

Gallagher says they took six frozen blood samples back to police dept, then returned to scene and entered house into kitchen. Remembers Jen McCabe and Brian Albert were there. Says he knew Brian Albert "in a professional sense" because he's also a Boston police officer.

10:20 AM · May 6, 2024
Why wouldn't they take all of the snow in case key evidence is in it that can't be seen with the naked eye, especially a human eye that's trained on blood and blowing the snow all around it?? It just seems really bizarre to me.

I heard Gallagher testify he brought his own personal soccer-mom tent to the scene. What the heck? Where are the professionals to capture and preserve evidence of the murder of a police officer? Where are the professional tools?
Instead we get a Tactical Soccer-Mom TentTM and a Tactical Leaf BlowerTM.
Wow! This case is dissolving as fast as the snow melted, the snow they didn't collect for evidence.

View attachment 501826
View attachment 501827
Honestly, these photos are crazy. Officer Gallagher was claiming that the cups were securely stored in closed evidence bags so they couldn't be contaminated, not even by an inadvertent sneeze. That's certainly not what we see here.

And why are they doing this handover of the evidence to the Mass State Police in the sally port? Supposedly they stored the blood in freezers in the evidence locker so why didn't they do it inside?

I think they could produce a CSI:Canton, but it would have to be a sitcom.
ITA
And why is the evidence on the FLOOR?

CSI:Canton actually sounds really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads