MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trial day ended with a "there it is" for the CW.

Look at the tail lights of her car parked at John's that fateful morning. It's timestamped.

View attachment 502021

Well, that’s after the impact she’d had in the driveway when leaving to look for JOK, but aside from that can you pinpoint what the “there it is” part of the photo it is? I’m not seeing it I guess and missed the live testimony where may have pointed out

#KarenRead’s defense team slammed a #Canton detective for collecting blood at the crime scene using “Solo" plastic cups. Sergeant Michael Lank testified that they got the cups from another officer who lived down the road from where John O’Keefe was found unresponsive.

I think one of my favorite moments was learning that the PD HQ is about a mile away from the crime scene, but they opted for neighborhood beer pong vehicles to collect the evidence.
Did Gallagher also say they don’t have proper evidence containers at the PD HQ?

There is no 'There it is' yet, IMO.
The broken taillight shown in pictures could have happened anywhere. 'Magically', the sprinkled remnants of some red taillight were found....weeks later.
Still, not convincing proof either way.

The 'there it is' moment will come from the CM when they can show me a picture of KR's Lexus/ German Shepherd model...complete with canines and claws coming off the bumper. And, because I don't believe in fantasy...it's not going to happen.

:cool:

There is no 'There it is' yet, IMO.
The broken taillight shown in pictures could have happened anywhere. 'Magically', the sprinkled remnants of some red taillight were found....weeks later.
Still, not convincing proof either way.

The 'there it is' moment will come from the CM when they can show me a picture of KR's Lexus/ German Shepherd model...complete with canines and claws coming off the bumper. And, because I don't believe in fantasy...it's not going to happen.

:cool:

I mean unless he was 3 feet tall, the taillight did not cause the deep wound to the back of JOK’s head, and there were no injuries to support that he’d been hit lower on the body where he may have been knocked down and then the car impacted his head.

So the officer on the stand right now testified he did go into the home. 3 times! Didn’t see anything out of order.

Defense first question will be — Isn’t it true you went into the house to help clean up the evidence of a beating? Hahahaha……

Defense is losing all credibility! This was a terrible defense strategy.

JMO
Is that what the defense did though? Or did they make him testify that he told MSP “I don’t know if he got into a fight or whatever” and didn’t see the need to ask the homeowner any uncomfortable questions? He literally said that Jen McCabe told him John never went inside and that’s what he went with. He never went beyond the foyer. He never separated witnesses. He had no idea where they were or what they were discussing. He didn’t record interviews. He didn’t take notes.

Ask any cop if this is proper investigation protocol. It isn’t. This idea that anyone who is appalled by this investigation and as a result doesn’t trust that the evidence is 100% reliable is a lunatic conspiracy theorist is maddening. Imagine being the O’Keefe family sitting there listening to the cops describing how utterly careless they were in investigating his death?

Welcome @MayMabel !

You hit the nail on the head with your assertions!

They admit they didn't go past the foyer. So, saying "nothing" was amiss in the house is speculative since they literally didn't check the house. They just woke the homeowners who were very well known to the people investigating!

Just catching up now on the day's L&C feed, and I've just heard Auntie Bev say on the record "there are all kinds of reasons people can be found not guilty."

Although that's obviously not in the context of KR she has accidentally summed up the commonwealth's problem with this case in a nutshell.

Welcome @MayMabel !

You hit the nail on the head with your assertions!

They admit they didn't go past the foyer. So, saying "nothing" was amiss in the house is speculative since they literally didn't check the house. They just woke the homeowners who were very well known to the people investigating!

Yep. For all we know they could have thrown him into the basement with a German Shepherd, but I'll never know because a police department doesn't know how to investigate something, but, oh shucks!, since they're from a small town we can certainly excuse all this and sentence someone to life in prison based on *checks notes* evidence stored in beer pong cups and chunks of a homicide investigation missing notes altogether.

JMO

He'd of been holding the glass (don't think that was planted, but it's a mess). He wouldn't of gotten beat up inside, still holding his glass. How did it break in pieces and by him, outside.
NOT sure about the tail light as it was not found where he lay..till two hours later while all exposed to anyone who wanted to go see that area. Another poster noted that the tail lights would of been by the curb 'where he was hit initially'. It's a horrible mess all around, shocking how it was handled. Disgusts me that purposely did not go into the house, nor those come out. PLEASE. Rotten all around and we need to know the condition of his outerwear for his arm. I also thought very early on, that he fell on the broken glass, not even thinking about his outerwear that would show blood on the sleeve. I hope we know that part as the clothing issue sounds iffy too.
Would also want the glass tested to see if it was consistent with the bar glass taken from the bar and not just a broken glass from inside the home.

It's funny but it shouldn't be (lol) because it's concerning to think about allll the other past "investigations" done by this PD.

It certainly calls into question with this investigation, and from what I have read, the PD is now under investigation by a federal agency. I cannot even imagine calling back and re-doing previous cases. No wonder judge Bev needs so many breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage