MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros. attempting to show she did back into him in a rage as they were arguing and she 'snapped'. He was said to be trying to get her to move out of his house and break up the relationship. He just was still sliding along with her it appears unfortunately as couples do who should cut it clean break. 'Tempers flare'..
Was KR aware of JOK wanting to break up with her or is it something he was telling others? Also does KR have history of domestic violence or rages? That would be very important to know IMO.
If JOk was just telling others he wanted a break up, then I'd want to see something written or recorded so we'd know it was fact and not something made up. I read that the relationship may have been tumultuous but there are many relationships like that that doesn't come to murder. That's why a history of stalking or DV or rages would be important.

The glass underneath him (allegedly) has undoubtedly been one of the primary sticking points for me, particularly if found underneath with his phone also and if forensic testing of the phone does indicate no movement from the time of drop off at the house on. Awaiting that phone evidence.

That said, given the level of non-investigation of more than one scenario, who can say the only two possible scenarios are hit by vehicle outside or beaten to death inside. Could he not have been attacked physically outside?
Kind of a "Take it outside boys" type of thing? Why not, I could see that. Wonder if there are snow foot prints. Does anyone know if there was snow on the ground already and when snow storm began? Thanks.

Kind of a "Take it outside boys" type of thing? Why not, I could see that. Wonder if there are snow foot prints. Does anyone know if there was snow on the ground already and when snow storm began? Thanks.
It started snowing around midnight, so just as they were leaving the bar. There would have been maybe a coating on the ground when they arrived at the house but nothing substantial. It started to pick up closer to 3-4am I believe. All of the officers have testified there were no footprints between the house and where he was found. Although the defense did ask one of the witnesses (Lt. Gallagher, perhaps?) if it was possible footprints had been covered by the snow and the witness said yes.

It started snowing around midnight, so just as they were leaving the bar. There would have been maybe a coating on the ground when they arrived at the house but nothing substantial. It started to pick up closer to 3-4am I believe. All of the officers have testified there were no footprints between the house and where he was found. Although the defense did ask one of the witnesses (Lt. Gallagher, perhaps?) if it was possible footprints had been covered by the snow and the witness said yes.

Watch at 38:50 guest on VP's show last night explains why jurors were told to pay close attention to center console on Lexus.

Thanks, excellent video and a lot of new info!

Thank you so much for the info. :)

Was KR aware of JOK wanting to break up with her or is it something he was telling others? Also does KR have history of domestic violence or rages? That would be very important to know IMO.
If JOk was just telling others he wanted a break up, then I'd want to see something written or recorded so we'd know it was fact and not something made up. I read that the relationship may have been tumultuous but there are many relationships like that that doesn't come to murder. That's why a history of stalking or DV or rages would be important.
Every relationship has their ups and downs. If you see the pics of them at the Waterfall, they looked very happy together....

I have a serious issue with the prosecution case.

Lally keeps referring to this as a "cocktail glass".

1715118821563.png

It is not a cocktail glass. It is a rocks glass or an old-fashioned glass. I'll even accept lowball glass. But the below is a cocktail glass.
220px-Cocktail-glass.jpg

1715118975899.png

If the commonwealth can't get that right, then what's next? Do they mix up salad plates and pasta bowls? Fish knives and oyster forks? The whole thing is ridiculous!

Would also want the glass tested to see if it was consistent with the bar glass taken from the bar and not just a broken glass from inside the home.

I have absolutely thought the very same thing!!

The video from CourtTV reminded me of the other GREAT investigation! Damage to the car doesn't match hitting a person!!! I have thought this all along. But most importantly... 42 minutes missing from their surveillance video when KR's car arrived at the garage.

Apparently many Karen Read defenders are now suggesting the judge is biased against her. Maybe the judge is in on the conspiracy too!?? How deep does this conspiracy go? The whole state of Boston is out to get Karen Read apparently. Lol.

I really like this judge! She’s a breath of fresh air. We’ve seen a lot of judges in these high profile trials (looking at you Judge Glanville in the YSL trial) lose control of their courtrooms and it’s a mess. If it hadn’t been for this judge, the defense would’ve turned this trial into a circus with their bs conspiracy theory. They’ve already turned the public discourse into a dumpster fire with their propaganda. I think she’s acutely aware of this and determined not to make the trial a joke. JMO
Boston is a city.

The video from CourtTV reminded me of the other GREAT investigation! Damage to the car doesn't match hitting a person!!! I have thought this all along. But most importantly... 42 minutes missing from their surveillance video when KR's car arrived at the garage.
IKR? The missing videos, items, etc speak volumes.

We've had 6 days worth of prosecution evidence (albeit some were half days) and I would have surely expected to see some serious physical evidence that John O'Keefe died as a result of being hit by a reversing automobile by now? And not just any automobile, an automobile being driven by Karen Read? Is that too much to ask?!

Welcome @MayMabel !

You hit the nail on the head with your assertions!

They admit they didn't go past the foyer. So, saying "nothing" was amiss in the house is speculative since they literally didn't check the house. They just woke the homeowners who were very well known to the people investigating!
BBM "There it is" for the defense. I almost feel that patrol or investigating officers were intimidated by the role of the home owner.

Question:

Can footprints in the snow be altered ( contaminated ) by using a leaf blower on or near them ?? Asking for a friend
lol, asking for a friend, huh? I think so if it's a 'dry' fly away snow. If temps dropped really low to freeze a wet snow, then it would have stopped snowing (too cold). But if it was a heavy 'wet' snow, good for snowman building, I don't think so. Leaf blowers are pretty strong in terms of blowing so I think it would be risky to use to preserve footprints. Everything I just read says to use blowers when snow is fresh, or still light and fluffy, but if there's not much snowfall and it's snowing hard, they can be covered up easily because they're barely there. (Not enough packed snow). But I'm no expert. Any experts out there?

Last edited:
lol, asking for a friend, huh? I think so if it's a 'dry' fly away snow. If temps dropped really low to freeze a wet snow, then it would have stopped snowing (too cold). But if it was a heavy 'wet' snow, good for snowman building, I don't think so. Leaf blowers are pretty strong in terms of blowing so I think it would be risky to use to preserve footprints. Everything I just read says to use blowers when snow is fresh, or still light and fluffy, but if there's not much snowfall and it's snowing hard, they can be covered up easily because they're barely there. (Not enough packed snow). But I'm no expert. Any experts out there?
From experience living in Iowa if a person steps on snow and uses a leaf blower over top, the footprint is still there.

I need to ask if someone knows…is it normal for surveillance video to just go missing? Or only when it’s being used in a high-profile case??

From experience living in Iowa if a person steps on snow and uses a leaf blower over top, the footprint is still there.

Why do they leaf blow snow in Iowa?

My mind is still blown that a Canton cop went home (!) to get his personal leaf blower and then they went to a neighbor to borrow some Solo cups to collect evidence. And don't get me started on the way the evidence was handled back at the PD.

We haven't even seen the real Keystone cops yet. Fireworks will start for real when Proctor finally gets on the stand.

Read may not have needed her high priced attorneys after all. An average public defender could probably win this on reasonable doubt based on evidence handling alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R