MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Proctor actually take the stand? If he's under FBI investigation he'll be able to claim 5th amendment privilege to get out of testifying won't he?
He was the lead investigator. If the prosecution won't call him, the defense surely will. Pleading the 5th would probably be fatal to the prosecution's case, but he needs to be very careful here and if he's watching Jackson's cross so far, he must be very worried.

You're probably aware they police couldn't just do a full CSI search of the house or start walking around exploring... right? As mentioned in the trial - they didn't even have to be let into the house.

I feel like people just aren't watching the trial and are making up their own version of events.
But if the police are at your door and they ask "do you mind if we look around" and you allow them inside, they can note anything they see. Then they come back with a warrant if what they saw was enough for probable cause.

Don't you watch Law and Order: SVU?
(halfway joking)

Jackson conferring with Lally.
Last question was struck.
Witness reading texts between him and John OKeefe.
We’re hearing text exchanges, the two of them making plans, etc.
Testimony is hard to hear, made worse by sirens outside & the open window in the press pool.

Lally establishing Camerano & OKeefe were making plans to hang out.
That #KarenRead & OKeefe didn’t live together.
Camerano would see OKeefe a couple of times a week.
They would have regular “guy conversations”

@SueNBCBoston

I know this trial is messed up when even my husband takes an interest. He was shaking his head all day yesterday while looking at the solo cups.

Canton PD makes me curious/concerned about how my local law enforcement handles cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JammerSue