MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading much of this case, and based on the times involved, and the ‘investigative’ work, I wonder if any of the investigating officers had their blood alcohol content taken and checked? There are an awful lot of holes in this case it seems.

Unfortunately my ‘dear’ cable provider on the East Coast seems to be having a row with CourtTV so I am not able to watch any of this case or trial. Thanks to all for the updates! The jury has their work cut out for them. MOO

If you download the NECN app it’ll allow you watch their coverage live

Reading much of this case, and based on the times involved, and the ‘investigative’ work, I wonder if any of the investigating officers had their blood alcohol content taken and checked? There are an awful lot of holes in this case it seems.

Unfortunately my ‘dear’ cable provider on the East Coast seems to be having a row with CourtTV so I am not able to watch any of this case or trial. Thanks to all for the updates! The jury has their work cut out for them. MOO
I'm watching on YouTube. Melanie Little is very detail oriented.

Here is where I watch. No ads, fan only.

But if the police are at your door and they ask "do you mind if we look around" and you allow them inside, they can note anything they see. Then they come back with a warrant if what they saw was enough for probable cause.

Don't you watch Law and Order: SVU?
(halfway joking)
I wish that they would have asked just to put a stop to the conspiracy theorists.

Check on YouTube! Several live feeds there.

Defense’s Alan Jackson questioning Camerano about Read and JO’s relationship. Camerano says the month, day before JO’s passing, their relationship was “normal, caring.” Doesn’t remember noticing any serious issues. Court is in recess.

1715180464722.png

KR is lucky that Lally is so bad at questioning witnesses. The most damning bit of Michael Camerano's testimony was how much vodka KR was drinking at the bar. Lally should have focused on that as well as the very affecting and sad testimony about John's last day.

But it got buried between irrelevant videos and random, unnecessary questions.

Then Alan Jackson gets up and in a handful of questions gets Camerano to say that he trusted KR with his kids, that KR and JO seldom fought (except minor spats about spoiling the kids), that JO had never said he was unhappy in the relationship and that the couple were affectionate to each other on that last day.

I'm think his testimony was on balance more helpful to the defense rather than the prosecution.

I wish that they would have asked just to put a stop to the conspiracy theorists.
This all very much reminds me of a Massachusetts variety of the OJ trial. I fully expect the defense to conclude with some version of the "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90