MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. While I don’t know the plow driver myself personally, I know people who and he’s said to be s straight up, no frills, honest guy, and yes no ties at all to any of the players in the situation. Absolutely not a fame seeker.
Only slight tie I know is that he has a brother on the Selectboard with Chris Albert. But he's from Canton, so of course he does.

You know whose testimony I thought was interesting? The Kolokithas husband and wife.

First, It was sort of funny that Karina, the wife, said she was egged to go out that night by her kids. She's a homebody who doesn't drink, but she goes out reluctantly and gets embroiled in a murder trial. And a particularly notorious one to boot.

But what was really interesting to me was that both were quite complimentary towards John and Karen while on the stand. Nicholas joked that his wife asked him why they couldn’t be as affectionate as John and Karen. And then Karina called them “lovey-dovey” as they left the bar. Neither statement was elicited and in fact they had never previously spoken to the defense. Both of them volunteered this information with no prompting. To me it seems they’d been waiting for this trial to get that off their chests.

This is just supposition on my part, but I think that the couple was annoyed how their earlier statements were mischaracterized by Michael Proctor in the written documents and they wanted to correct the record.

I don't even know if I should say this, but the Julie Albert apparently inadvertently referred to one of the state police investigators using a ....sexually charged....word instead of his name. Twice. Turtleboy has been referring to Trooper Yuri Bukhenik by this word which I won't repeat. Turtleboy has press credentials and is sitting in the press box so the prosecution wants him removed.

You absolutely could not make this stuff up.
Pure comedy meme for days

You know whose testimony I thought was interesting? The Kolokithas husband and wife.

First, It was sort of funny that Karina, the wife, said she was egged to go out that night by her kids. She's a homebody who doesn't drink, but she goes out reluctantly and gets embroiled in a murder trial. And a particularly notorious one to boot.

But what was really interesting to me was that both were quite complimentary towards John and Karen while on the stand. Nicholas joked that his wife asked him why they couldn’t be as affectionate as John and Karen. And then Karina called them “lovey-dovey” as they left the bar. Neither statement was elicited and in fact they had never previously spoken to the defense. Both of them volunteered this information with no prompting. To me it seems they’d been waiting for this trial to get that off their chests.

This is just supposition on my part, but I think that the couple was annoyed how their earlier statements were mischaracterized by Michael Proctor in the written documents and they wanted to correct the record.

And to point out the obvious, Lally called them as prosecution witnesses.

Interesting.
I get the sense that KR and Karina K had more in common with each other than with the McCabe/albert clan. They certainly comport themselves differently.
They had both invested time and effort in their education and careers and don't seem to gel with the other wives of law enforcement.
I think KR was acutely aware that she wasn't accepted as an insider, she could sense that everyone tolerated her presence because she was with JO.
<modsnip - rumor>
Later, after JO's death, KR was grieving and the emt consoled her and said it looks like she had a lot of support behind her. I think Karen's response was "You'd be surprised" or something like that.

I'll try to find that document.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to hear some facts. Is that too much to ask from the prosecution? I feel like all I've heard this week is the CW defending their own witnesses, confirming that it snowed, and taking issue with a blogger. I swear they presented more evidence to have the blogger removed from court than they have implicating KR. JMO

There’s a lot of talk around here, which I feel has merit, that the prosecution doesn’t seem as focused on obtaining a conviction of KR as they are on disproving any potential talk of another third party culprit ( aka someone else at the Albert house that night )

Yes, and not only JM but according to some articles BH coerced JO into coming to the after party. I'm still wondering what would have had to be going on for anyone to not only kill but want beat JO. From what I've gathered JO was a likeable kind of guy and for sure showed his caring side by taking care of his niece and nephew. I'm at a loss for a real motive. Walking thru his yard and getting yelled at doesn't seem like enough IMO.

I think a lot is being made about the Albert’s that maybe some of the others such as Higgins aren’t getting as much focus. BH has a history of DV prior to his divorce and was on desk duty as a result. I’d say that qualifies as violent tendencies.

Witness intimidation exists on the prosecution side:

-On social media, Brian Albert’s brother Tim publicly threatened to ruin anyone who crossed his family: "I stand by my family 100%. You don't with them. You do, and I won't hesitate to make you the most miserable person. It's a promise."

-Chris Albert was filmed harassing his own pizza customers after he thought they were taking his picture. He accused them of giving a news blogger "handjobs", and followed them to their car.

-Jen McCabe & her buddy Jill Thomas confronted Tom Beatty’s 17 year old daughter, a likely witness in the #KarenRead case, and told her to “instead of opening your mouth, why don't you stick a dick in it instead"?

-Sean McCabe threatening to murder and bury the corpse of a news blogger under the presiding judge’s (whom McCabe referred to as “Auntie Bev”) seaside cottage.

-And what was with the cop bumping into KR in the court hallway?

Thanks for this! I'd forgotten some of these things.

How entitled and stupid do you have to be to do things and post things like this before the trial even begins? More insight into how these peoples' minds work.

I think Big Brian and Coco were the only ones who knew enough to keep their mouths shut.

I think a lot is being made about the Albert’s that maybe some of the others such as Higgins aren’t getting as much focus. BH has a history of DV prior to his divorce and was on desk duty as a result. I’d say that qualifies as violent tendencies.

And the defense atty has suggested that in addition to JM inviting him, BH helped coerce JO into coming to the party. Trying to get all these initials straight is driving me nuts.....

And to point out the obvious, Lally called them as prosecution witnesses.
I got the sense Lally was blindsided by the Kolokithas's. Especially with Karina, he seemed to be trying to elicit negative testimony about Karen a couple times, but she wouldn't bite.

There's even a bit where he gets a little snarky and asks if her memory is exhausted, at 1:09:03.

Thank you for this. Hmm romantic texts. Have to see. Bit of flirtation or more 'hopefully'' to come> Yes, if JO knew this.. What was JM up to here..really wanted JO to come back/into the house.
Per law and crime article above :
“She also allegedly tried to kiss a friend of O’Keefe’s named Brian Higgins, saying she knew where all the cameras in his house were so they could smooch undetected.”
So allegedly.
The texts were per the prosecution.
So it’s absolutely a Grain of salt time / with the phone destroyed nobody knows about either of these things.
I never got the impression that KR was BH’s type.
Imo

Per law and crime article above :
“She also allegedly tried to kiss a friend of O’Keefe’s named Brian Higgins, saying she knew where all the cameras in his house were so they could smooch undetected.”
So allegedly.
The texts were per the prosecution.
So it’s absolutely a Grain of salt time / with the phone destroyed nobody knows about either of these things.
Imo
I don't know anything about Higgins except what I've read here, prior DV before a divorce and that he and KR were 'texting'/kissing/flirtations.' I haven't seen a pix of him or his lifestyle. UNFORTUNATELY for me to 'see what that's all about'. Agree though, his phone is destroyed, but hers is not. Who would be telling about all this to the prosecution unless she told someone who's turned on her? It's only an important point if it shows JO was told about this to 'get him going'. where maybe words were said. I don't think killing him was intentional, but if someone from that Alberts circle, beat him outside and left him, they are responsible for not getting him help or checking on him.. OHHH. wonder if that is why HIggins called Albert, if it was his yard, to see if he was still there?
Higgins was there at the same time frame JO was dropped off, I don't know, forget past info. It did all happen very quickly and JO did need a ride home after his visit, but they say, HE DID NOT ENTER THE HOUSE. JM must of assumed after calling him, he was seen/KR suv seen, he just decided to bail along with KR, and they took off.

I don't know anything about Higgins except what I've read here, prior DV before a divorce and that he and KR were 'texting'/kissing/flirtations.' I haven't seen a pix of him or his lifestyle. UNFORTUNATELY for me to 'see what that's all about'. Agree though, his phone is destroyed, but hers is not. Who would be telling about all this to the prosecution unless she told someone who's turned on her? It's only an important point if it shows JO was told about this to 'get him going'. where maybe words were said. I don't think killing him was intentional, but if someone from that Alberts circle, beat him outside and left him, they are responsible for not getting him help or checking on him.. OHHH. wonder if that is why HIggins called Albert, if it was his yard, to see if he was still there?
Higgins was there at the same time frame JO was dropped off, I don't know, forget past info. It did all happen very quickly and JO did need a ride home after his visit, but they say, HE DID NOT ENTER THE HOUSE. JM must of assumed after calling him, he was seen/KR suv seen, he just decided to bail along with KR, and they took off.

If, hypothetically, JO was beaten and unconscious and put out or left out in the freezing weather then his death was intentional IMO. Maybe hoping to make it look like he could have been run over by a passing car or plow in order to cover up a beating that went way too far. Or maybe not, maybe he was intentionally killed, but then the cover up should have been thought thru more carefully and a better location chosen.

Last edited:
There's all kinds of speculation about what John knew or had done to anger these people, but I've heard nothing concrete or provable, so far. But maybe he "didn't know how things are done in Canton".

Then there is the FBI. We really have no idea how they got involved or what exactly they are working on that relates to this case. Or whether they were already working on something related to certain players even before John's death. Most people think it's Proctor or the State Police in general, but no one knows.

I don't think I've ever heard of another case in which FBI inserted themselves into a criminal case ostensibly to assist an accused murderer.
Then there is the FBI …..
And as far as I know they are still “ investigating”. Who or what I don’t know but as I was driving around today doing errands I thought maybe this whole investigation is much bigger than I suspect.
Lots of players including an ATF guy - alcohol tobacco firearms… hmmmm - BH.
Then my mind wanders to - did JO stumble on something he should not have heard or seen but maybe had not yet put two and two together yet ? He seemed to be a very forthright good guy/ cop and they could not take the chance of him “ratting” them out ?

Not sure as that seems above their pay grade.

I suspect it’s most likely a kid who maybe had too much to drink, maybe even pumped iron and had a few ‘roids in him who ran into John as he ( the kid) was leaving and John was arriving. And the kid was like Wtf’s with this dbag NebberC being here and the kid, lacking impulse control, wildly whacked him.
And it unfolded from there.
As others have stated so well - In Canton they circle the wagons and protect their own. Esp if you have any juice in the town hierarchy.
No one was supposed to even notice.
They just picked the wrong “mark”.
Imo.

If, hypothetically, JO was beaten and unconscious and put out or left out in the freezing weather then his death was intentional IMO. Maybe hoping to make it look like he could have been run over by a passing car or plow in order to cover up a beating that went way too far. Or maybe not, maybe he was intentionally killed, but then the cover up should have been thought threw more carefully and a better location chosen.
They had to think fast, I found out more about Higgins, I do NOT see KR being attracted to him at alllllll. Albert 'butt dialed " Higgins. Higgins destroyed his phone. Makes me really think Higgins and Albert are involved directly together. Higgins wants distance from Alberts. J. McCabe inserting herself for some reason. If not KR hitting JO, it's homeowner Albert along with Higgins and the son has no reason to have been involved except for witnessing and they don't want him involved. It's all due IMO to Higgins hoping for something with KR and JO getting more of a sense of that when he MAY HAVE gone into the house and words were said and fists flew.

Then there is the FBI …..
And as far as I know they are still “ investigating”. Who or what I don’t know but as I was driving around today doing errands I thought maybe this whole investigation is much bigger than I suspect.
Lots of players including an ATF guy - alcohol tobacco firearms… hmmmm - BH.
Then my mind wanders to - did JO stumble on something he should not have heard or seen but maybe had not yet put two and two together yet ? He seemed to be a very forthright good guy/ cop and they could not take the chance of him “ratting” them out ?

Not sure as that seems above their pay grade.

I suspect it’s most likely a kid who maybe had too much to drink, maybe even pumped iron and had a few ‘roids in him who ran into John as he ( the kid) was leaving and John was arriving. And the kid was like Wtf’s with this dbag NebberC being here and the kid, lacking impulse control, wildly whacked him.
And it unfolded from there.
As others have stated so well - In Canton they circle the wagons and protect their own. Esp if you have any juice in the town hierarchy.
No one was supposed to even notice.
They just picked the wrong “mark”.
Imo.
I had thought too, that the kid mouthed off and fists flew, caught JO off guard when I think I read that they 'met' outside at the same time, arriving JO and leaving kid, but over a 'past minor incident' but grudges are held as you say. True though, they did pick the wrong 'mark' if that is WHAT she turns out to be, unbelievably she really helped herself along to be that too. Perfect storm.. FBI will def uncover any cover ups by the LE's involved, then it unfolds from there. Albert is very strong that JO and KR never entered his house. Is that the only truthful thing he can say?

I had thought too, that the kid mouthed off and fists flew, caught JO off guard when I think I read that they 'met' outside at the same time, arriving JO and leaving kid, but over a 'past minor incident' but grudges are held as you say. True though, they did pick the wrong 'mark' if that is WHAT she turns out to be, unbelievably she really helped herself along to be that too. Perfect storm.. FBI will def uncover any cover ups by the LE's involved, then it unfolds from there. Albert is very strong that JO and KR never entered his house. Is that the only truthful thing he can say?
Albert was also very strong that CA left the house at a time before JO would have arrived. But iirc no one saw when CA actually left and no one saw his ride arrive iirc.
JMO

Last edited:
Imo

Apparently there was something there. "Yannetti conceded that Read considered 'exploring her options' when she exchanged romantic texts with Brian Higgins, O’Keefe’s friend and a witness in the case." Trooper’s texts reveal ‘true feelings’ about Karen Read, lawyers say

Although they did not speak at the Waterfall, Higgins also sent a vague text to Read while they were at the Waterfall. Something like "Hmmm...so?"

I suspect that pretty much the prosecution's entire case will be that because she'd prefer to be with Higgins, she intentionally backed up into John, flinging his body sideways onto the dark side of the lawn where it came in contact with a cable box which caused a penetrating 3 inch wound at the back of his head. Before or after this, he came in contact with one of the nearby bushes which cause lacerations up and down his arm.

While the defense's biomechanical experts should have no trouble explaining how this makes no sense, it also makes no sense why coatless John would be just standing in the roadway on the edge of the property furthest from the doors waiting for Karen to maneuver her car backwards over 60 feet to hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592