MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Objection....sustained. The judge's usual response.
a little confused why the defense didn't just ask the guy to describe the photo or put it up on a screen... if it was important for the jury to see.

the takeaway - it wasn't. and yet was another thing where the defense tries to allude to "something" being up... but oh no - jury - you just didn't get to see it! drat.

a little confused why the defense didn't just ask the guy to describe the photo or put it up on a screen... if it was important for the jury to see.

the takeaway - it wasn't. and yet was another thing where the defense tries to allude to "something" being up... but oh no - jury - you just didn't get to see it! drat.

A little confused why such an onus is put on the defense when it's the prosecution presenting their case and it's their witnesses. It's their job to prove their case to the jury and they haven't proved much of anything to anyone. When are they going to actually prove something? This is a murder trial, yet they haven't proved anything remotely resembling a murder. They haven't even proved an accidental manslaughter.

A little confused why such an onus is put on the defense when it's the prosecution presenting their case and it's their witnesses. It's their job to prove their case to the jury and they haven't proved much of anything to anyone. When are they going to actually prove something? This is a murder trial, yet they haven't proved anything remotely resembling a murder. They haven't even proved an accidental manslaughter.

Thank you! I’m beginning to think many don’t understand this is the prosecutions case, the defense hasn’t even started their case yet!

Has the prosecution mentioned the Moon?

Obviously, it was cloudy and dark (with the storm), but adding to that... the Moon was in a waning crescent phase (only 10% illumination and 3 days from totally new) and would've provided very little light - as opposed to the house render that showed bright lights beaming and the yard lit up like a full moon .

Not a huge point - but I think the prosecution misses some easy ones... but maybe that already came up.

What do these witnesses prove for the prosecution? I'm seriously asking.

I think prosecution is trying to show that here are all these people who were in or near the Fairview home and none of them saw John O'Keefe enter and none of them saw him die inside the home or a sign of a cover-up. I believe perhaps they are trying to show the jury how many people would have to be in on a conspiracy at that level? And hoping that the jury takeaway is that what the defense is suggesting is unlikely for that reason alone.

However, I don't know if this strategy will be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golden123