MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANOTHER lying witness, this is farcical at this point, there's not way Read gets anything but NG, this kid is coached, lying, and extremely smug.

The trial is embarrassing for the Commonwealth
Yeah, these young folk are under oath, it's kind of shocking and actually quite sad the number of times some have been caught out in almost casual and obtuse lies. Especially with CA the smugness is quite confronting, he is very entitled imo.

@SueNBCBoston

Events of the night: Went to daughter’s basketball game.
Went to establishment Canton Junction with other parents from the game.

11:39 AM · May 16, 2024

Wife Jen is involved in youth basketball.
Dropped kids off after game, went to The Waterfall, went in one car, their large SUV.
Went to The Waterfall because Jen’s sister Nicole Albert was there.
He thought they were celebrating his nephew’s birthday.

11:43 AM · May 16, 2024

"Describe the girl's basketball team......."
"where do you sit when you watch the game?"

sigh.......

So much useless information and all it does is highlight how every witness recalls all these unimportant minutia details then suffer seeming amnesia when it comes to actual important details of the timeframe of JOk death and the investigation thereafter

In my opinion, Karen Read is doing the same things at the Defense Counsel's table that MichelleTroconis did during her trial. There is a notebook of apparent evidence pages that she'll flip through. There's a yellow legal notepad where she furiously pens notes. Is this finance professor transforming into a Legal Eagle?

The defendant's busy work at the D table may indicate she's not pleased with the direction her case is headed or how it's being handled by counsel or both. In order to back up this opinion, I'll submit a screenshot of what appears to be the defendant pulling her hair out on Trial Day 12. It's taken from the Law and Crime video at 3:59:58. The moments preceding and proceeding this behavior show hot-under-the-collar anger on her scary face and at whom this temper is directed. JMO MOO

Screenshot 2024-05-16 085322.png

This is the first time I've followed a trial from the US closely, and the last one I did was Lucy Letby. I don't understand the relevance of these witnesses to prove that Karen murdered  John. Am I missing something?

Everyone so far has said that they seemed in good spirits, weren't fighting etc. Shouldn't the prosecution be proving the motive, means by now?

This is the first time I've followed a trial from the US closely, and the last one I did was Lucy Letby. I don't understand the relevance of these witnesses to prove that Karen murdered  John. Am I missing something?

Everyone so far has said that they seemed in good spirits, weren't fighting etc. Shouldn't the prosecution be proving the motive, means by now?
The KR trial started on April 29. There's been no evidence presented by the CW that KR killed her boyfriend JOK, thus far. I am not holding my breath waiting for the evidence/motive either. Should have never gone to trial. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173