MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, Karen Read is doing the same things at the Defense Counsel's table that MichelleTroconis did during her trial. There is a notebook of apparent evidence pages that she'll flip through. There's a yellow legal notepad where she furiously pens notes. Is this finance professor transforming into a Legal Eagle?

The defendant's busy work at the D table may indicate she's not pleased with the direction her case is headed or how it's being handled by counsel or both. In order to back up this opinion, I'll submit a screenshot of what appears to be the defendant pulling her hair out on Trial Day 12. It's taken from the Law and Crime video at 3:59:58. The moments preceding and proceeding this behavior show hot-under-the-collar anger on her scary face and at whom this temper is directed. JMO MOO

View attachment 503928

This is exactly the sort of argument that I really dislike. A still from a video that makes someone look bad and therefore proves they are evil.

The Free Karen Read followers of Turtleboy do this on social media a lot. Posting weird pictures of the Alberts and McCabes (but usually only the women) that make perfectly normal looking people look ugly. And the anti-KR folks do this to Karen and her family.

I honestly don't see the point. In the end it's the facts of the trial that should matter and whether the commonwealth has proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Who care if Karen Read scribbles on a legal pad or makes funny faces or gets upset while watching her trial?

This is exactly the sort of argument that I really dislike. A still from a video that makes someone look bad and therefore they are supposedly evil.

The Free Karen Read followers of Turtleboy do this on social media posting weird pictures of the Alberts and McCabes (but usually only the women) that make perfectly normal looking people look ugly. And the anti-KR folks do this to Karen and her family.

I honestly don't see the point. In the end it's the facts of the trial that should matter and whether the commonwealth has proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Who care if Karen Read scribbles on a legal pad or makes funny faces or gets upset while watching her trial?

I agree. Is she not allowed to scribble notes? I mean, it's not like her freedom is at stake or anything.

In my opinion, Karen Read is doing the same things at the Defense Counsel's table that MichelleTroconis did during her trial. There is a notebook of apparent evidence pages that she'll flip through. There's a yellow legal notepad where she furiously pens notes. Is this finance professor transforming into a Legal Eagle?

The defendant's busy work at the D table may indicate she's not pleased with the direction her case is headed or how it's being handled by counsel or both. In order to back up this opinion, I'll submit a screenshot of what appears to be the defendant pulling her hair out on Trial Day 12. It's taken from the Law and Crime video at 3:59:58. The moments preceding and proceeding this behavior show hot-under-the-collar anger on her scary face and at whom this temper is directed. JMO MOO

View attachment 503928

wow, she's angry about the situation she's in, must be a murderer.

There's a reason some fair minded judges (eg Werner in Leticia Stauch trial,Alec Murdaugh trial judge and Judge John Judge (JJJ) in the B Kohberger case which I follow closely) chose to control cameras in the court room in high profile cases. Your meticulously crafted close up provides the answer. Moo

This is the first time I've followed a trial from the US closely, and the last one I did was Lucy Letby. I don't understand the relevance of these witnesses to prove that Karen murdered  John. Am I missing something?

Everyone so far has said that they seemed in good spirits, weren't fighting etc. Shouldn't the prosecution be proving the motive, means by now?

Yes!
One would think that is how a trial should proceed.

However, in this case it appears as though the court is allowing steering the direction into defending the CW's case, instead of prosecuting it. It truly is mind boggling.

I still haven't seen any proof that KR was the guilty party. Instead, I know that it was snowing, everyone drinks in Canton, kids sports is important to many, and the Alberts and McCabes ( witnesses) are being harassed. Oh, and Chloe was re-homed...NOT gotten rid of.

And today, I learned sadly that the youth of America somehow reacts to falling on the ice, by bracing themselves with their knuckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173