MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, Karen Read is doing the same things at the Defense Counsel's table that MichelleTroconis did during her trial. There is a notebook of apparent evidence pages that she'll flip through. There's a yellow legal notepad where she furiously pens notes. Is this finance professor transforming into a Legal Eagle?

The defendant's busy work at the D table may indicate she's not pleased with the direction her case is headed or how it's being handled by counsel or both. In order to back up this opinion, I'll submit a screenshot of what appears to be the defendant pulling her hair out on Trial Day 12. It's taken from the Law and Crime video at 3:59:58. The moments preceding and proceeding this behavior show hot-under-the-collar anger on her scary face and at whom this temper is directed. JMO MOO

View attachment 503928

She flips her hair behind her shoulder... lol

@JHall7news

MM says he did not see anything in the yard as he drove out with his wife. There were two young women in the back he was driving home. He went to bed after 2 am...then the next morning "I woke up to screams in my bedroom."

12:55 PM · May 16, 2024

Side bar is requested - Judge tells jury they can go home for the day. ADA Lally and the Judge are talking about a line of questioning it seems.

12:56 PM · May 16, 2024

Rainy, so I can sit in and watch the players. Matt is very good witness, remembers details and was observant of KR SUV movements. He's just telling it like he saw it and who was there. J>Mc also has MS I learned and that John wanted to bring first time meeting, over to McCabe's to esp meet J as both women had MS and could talk about it. Thoughtful of John O. The jeep that Matt Mc said was there as well when he was looking out, but I don't think he said Higgins was in the group inside? The other car was the brother of the girl whose brother came to pick her up and decided to stay. Need to see if he saw Higgins at all inside. I believe not said. I'd say as before, K moving the car up .. then up .. away from driveway was the discussing between her and JO if they were going in or was she going in or leaving. I still say whatever happened happened where he was let off IF he was let off just past the house as Matt said, looks right by a speckish of that flag pole/utility box, where JO was found. Someone would of had to go out to JO and do the damage to him right after he got out of the suv. Was Higgins in his jeep still? Timing is so close. Who else saw K'S car out there moving along the side of the road and went over to JO? Hence I ask was Higgins in the house at that time or in his jeep. Assuming it's HIggins Jeep.

@JHall7news

MM says he did not see anything in the yard as he drove out with his wife. There were two young women in the back he was driving home. He went to bed after 2 am...then the next morning "I woke up to screams in my bedroom."

12:55 PM · May 16, 2024

Side bar is requested - Judge tells jury they can go home for the day. ADA Lally and the Judge are talking about a line of questioning it seems.

v
12:56 PM · May 16, 2024
CANNOT believe a half court day. I was ready to be able to settle in and focus for the afternoon. I missed Colin, but glad I saw Matt Mc describe his view of K's suv movements. He said he notice a 'wave' like pattern in the road by where K's suv was after it was gone. I wanted more description on this did it look like suv pulled away then pulled back in or what. It was on the sighting of K's suv spot. He seemed to think it was odd looking pattern. Now where was Higgins at this time if it was his jeep. Things like this make me think K did hit JO, but then there is the horrific lieing and destruction of phones among a few of them. IT'S mind boggeling why unless it was 'one of their own'. It seems the event happened so fast and at that spot. Yes, I know the dog gone, new bulkhead due to it's noisy sounds when used and the replacement of cellar floor, but mainly number one is, the unwillingness and lies amongst so many of them. If DNA was taken from JO, separate interviews and phones taken at that moment of LE arriving, ring camera's working (across the street one was not working on that night or something). Just babbling

Yeah, these young folk are under oath, it's kind of shocking and actually quite sad the number of times some have been caught out in almost casual and obtuse lies. Especially with CA the smugness is quite confronting, he is very entitled imo.
Allie McCabe was completely blindsided by Life360 evidence of her driving to locations (like the high school area).
I felt like I was the only one shocked by that evidence right after her testimony.

This is exactly the sort of argument that I really dislike. A still from a video that makes someone look bad and therefore proves they are evil.

The Free Karen Read followers of Turtleboy do this on social media a lot. Posting weird pictures of the Alberts and McCabes (but usually only the women) that make perfectly normal looking people look ugly. And the anti-KR folks do this to Karen and her family.

I honestly don't see the point. In the end it's the facts of the trial that should matter and whether the commonwealth has proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Who care if Karen Read scribbles on a legal pad or makes funny faces or gets upset while watching her trial?
I can't speak on stuff found on SM as I don't follow any cases on SM. I think the SS image shows her quick temper and the segment of the video shows she's not shy about showing how she feels. However, within minutes she [forces] a smile his way.

It seems to me that she's beginning to look aged during her trial. MOO Karen had long gorgeous hair during certain times since her arrest. Maybe she had hair extensions. Her hair appears thinner than ever. I experienced a highly traumatic event April 2023. As a consequence, more of my hair was in the vacuum cleaner than on my head. Had to get prescription shampoo and take xtra Vit D. Extreme, prolonged stress makes our hair fall out. The hair falls out because the hair follicles close since other parts of the body needs to be cared for more than the hair in order to survive the shock and awe. That's how my Dr explained it to me.

MOO JMOO

In my opinion, Karen Read is doing the same things at the Defense Counsel's table that MichelleTroconis did during her trial. There is a notebook of apparent evidence pages that she'll flip through. There's a yellow legal notepad where she furiously pens notes. Is this finance professor transforming into a Legal Eagle?
I feel like this post was written by a DailyMail/tabloid copywriter.
I see a lot of unnecessary (and incorrect) descriptors attributed to KR:
  • KR doesn't just take notes, but she "furiously" pens them.
  • Is she not allowed to use a yellow legal notepad? Why? Because she is not a lawyer?
  • KR doesn't read notes regarding evidence, but "she'll flip through" "apparent" evidence.
  • Is KR not allowed to review her own defense documents in court? It insinuates that this finance professor shouldn't be involved in her own legal defense? Trying to say -- "Look at her, trying to be a know-it-all"?
  • Is this woman not staying in her own lane??? The horror!! How dare she?

I don't know who Traconis is, I'll have to look them up.

The defendant's busy work at the D table may indicate she's not pleased with the direction her case is headed or how it's being handled by counsel or both. In order to back up this opinion, I'll submit a screenshot of what appears to be the defendant pulling her hair out on Trial Day 12. It's taken from the Law and Crime video at 3:59:58. The moments preceding and proceeding this behavior show hot-under-the-collar anger on her scary face and at whom this temper is directed. JMO MOO

View attachment 503928

Dude, I watched the video. Twice.
She flipped her hair over her shoulder.
That's it.

These words are problematic:
"busy work"
"hot under-the-collar anger"
"scary face"
"temper"

No evidence to show against KR, so people attack her appearance, her intelligence, and mischaracterize her behavior.
Propaganda 101: don't forget to include a rhyming phrase for extra credit.

I had not realized that no one spoke of Colin ALbert even being at the house for the first six months of the "investigation"
Just another interesting and suspicious point. I feel for this kid bc I think this who he has been brought up to be by his
parents- hard drinker, not a girly boy etc.
If he did this he needs to be held accountable, but his parents should be culpable too since he was obvi doing a lot of drinking at an young age and they were well aware.
Speculation on my part alert
- He got too hammered at 17 and hit the wrong guy at 34 Fairview and killed him. Yes not intentional to kill just to "f him up" for no reason or a reason -bc he had been drinking too much and maybe steriods thrown in - and he has a rage/temper or whatever. I understand all the driving around after the fact now with Allie per life 360 - all the what the hell are we going to do conversation in the car after this happened - all the angst - the kid is probably crying I didn't mean it - and eventually it played out that the wagons got circled. The adults stepped in.
I get it - He is a kid with his whole life ahead of him - nothing brings JO back - He did not mean to do it ...so they need to save Colin
But that is such insular warped thinking - sadly I have seen it too many times. Never with murder but with serious crimes.
Tragic and senseless all around

ALL JMO
Where do you think C and JO met up? Alone? It's all about that 'fine timing'. So many people involved and others are bound to overhear something I'd think or also obvserve 'shady behavior as they now go about their lives. The reasons if COLIN are def the reasons why all this, but the I didn't mean to do it needed to be understood, THEN obtained the best legal help and go forward. THAT would of been the only way, but noo.
Also, Colin wasn't on MY radar and briefly wondered why going on about that kid, in the beginning that is.. then he became the big focus recently.. big.

Last edited:
Yes!
One would think that is how a trial should proceed.

However, in this case it appears as though the court is allowing steering the direction into defending the CW's case, instead of prosecuting it. It truly is mind boggling.

I still haven't seen any proof that KR was the guilty party. Instead, I know that it was snowing, everyone drinks in Canton, kids sports is important to many, and the Alberts and McCabes ( witnesses) are being harassed. Oh, and Chloe was re-homed...NOT gotten rid of.

And today, I learned sadly that the youth of America somehow reacts to falling on the ice, by bracing themselves with their knuckles.
The testimoney by CA, helped along by the video's, shows him to truly to be "a piece of work" . That's how his knuckles got that way...say what?...by bracing himself with the back of his right hand while he mighta been holding a "beverage" in the other hand. ( I live a few towns over and a beverage in my neck of the woods is of the alcoholic variety. ) Maybe they should have asked for a demonstation bc I am not sure it's even possible . I wonder which brain trust came up with that one. Defitely not the kid. He is an athlete - works out every day and that's how he braces himself for a fall. C'mon
Why not just use the working out with the bag for this one too?
No matter whether he killed JO or not the adults in this case are making this kid look lke a complete moron.
JMO

CANNOT believe a half court day. I was ready to be able to settle in and focus for the afternoon. I missed Colin, but glad I saw Matt Mc describe his view of K's suv movements. He said he notice a 'wave' like pattern in the road by where K's suv was after it was gone. I wanted more description on this did it look like suv pulled away then pulled back in or what. It was on the sighting of K's suv spot. He seemed to think it was odd looking pattern. Now where was Higgins at this time if it was his jeep. Things like this make me think K did hit JO, but then there is the horrific lieing and destruction of phones among a few of them. IT'S mind boggeling why unless it was 'one of their own'. It seems the event happened so fast and at that spot. Yes, I know the dog gone, new bulkhead due to it's noisy sounds when used and the replacement of cellar floor, but mainly number one is, the unwillingness and lies amongst so many of them. If DNA was taken from JO, separate interviews and phones taken at that moment of LE arriving, ring camera's working (across the street one was not working on that night or something). Just babbling
Monday Wednesday Friday are full days, Tuesday and Thursday are half days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173