MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTAF? Please tell me you aren't an American.
I don't recognize that acronym but it must be bad since it's not put into words. So, you feel she should not try to prove her innocence? Did she hand over her phone, electronics, the SUV telematics? Or is she trying to keep the CW from obtaining those items? The D begged the Judge to strike AM's testimony because it is harmful to Karen Read.

I'm wrong if I say she's writing notes on a legal pad and I'm wrong for thinking she should help prove her innocence. It's silly to be conflicting in those matters.

MOO

So, you feel she should not try to prove her innocence? Did she hand over her phone, electronics, the SUV telematics? Or is she trying to keep the CW from obtaining those items? The D begged the Judge to strike AM's testimony because it is harmful to Karen Read.

"She should be able to prove her innocence." So you're the parent of a kid who is supposedly planning to go to Harvard but you have no idea what the most fundamental tenant of the US justice system is?

We're up to day 13 and nothing in the prosecution witnesses' testimony has been damning to Read. She's barely even been mentioned.

Looking forward to jovial Matt "Hey, believe me cause I'm not as evasive as the Alberts" McCabe's skewering tomorrow. "Wavy lines". What happened to the 3 - point turn, Mathew?

Just snipping a couple of comments:
Karen decided in Sept 2022 to spend her savings and donations on high powered legal services. Why would she need to do that if she was innocent?

I disagree that only guilty people need effective lawyers. I know that if I was ever arrested for a crime I would hire the best attorney I could afford.

Whatever you think of KR's guilt, her attorneys have uncovered some very troubling facts about how this investigation was conducted. Would a public defender have ever learned about the solo cups, the close links between witnesses and investigators, the delay in finding the taillight pieces, and so much more? I doubt it. The DA tried to hide that stuff for over a year and KR's attorneys had to fight by filing motion after motion to shake this information loose. No public defender would be able to do that.

There's a reason that the people of Canton, MA are so troubled by the actions of their police force that they have requested the city government conduct an audit.

The CW obviously has a lot more evidence than witnesses to the snow and the movable SUV.
Do they? I'll believe it when I see it. I've said this a few times, but if they had really good hard evidence they should have started the trial with it. It would have shut up all the KR defenders, and more importantly it would have swung the jury to their side.

So, either it's an error in strategy by Lally or they really don't have great evidence.

The reaction is the latest in a series of odd behavior from Ms Read in court as she was previously seen smiling and eating while in the courtroom.
Before, it was KR looking angry that made her seem guilty. Now, I guess it's smiling.

Just snipping a couple of comments:

I disagree that only guilty people need effective lawyers. I know that if I was ever arrested for a crime I would hire the best attorney I could afford.

Whatever you think of KR's guilt, her attorneys have uncovered some very troubling facts about how this investigation was conducted. Would a public defender have ever learned about the solo cups, the close links between witnesses and investigators, the delay in finding the taillight pieces, and so much more? I doubt it. The DA tried to hide that stuff for over a year and KR's attorneys had to fight by filing motion after motion to shake this information loose. No public defender would be able to do that.

There's a reason that the people of Canton, MA are so troubled by the actions of their police force that they have requested the city government conduct an audit.

Do they? I'll believe it when I see it. I've said this a few times, but if they had really good hard evidence they should have started the trial with it. It would have shut up all the KR defenders, and more importantly it would have swung the jury to their side.

So, either it's an error in strategy by Lally or they really don't have great evidence.

Before, it was KR looking angry that made her seem guilty. Now, I guess it's smiling.

I happened to watch some of the Canton Police Audit Committee meeting tonight that was streamed live and oh boy...there's something's rotten in that town. And of course there is an ongoing Federal investigation into the lead detective of this case. So much shady behavior around everything. I still haven't heard any evidence of how KR hit JO. The prosecution has spent more time on everyone else on this case except KR.

I find it ignorant to just sit back and not defend your innocence if you're accused of a homicide. It is a fundamental right you are guaranteed. Thank God KR had the means to put up a defense against her charges! Prisons are lined with people who weren't able to put forward a great defense because of their financial means.

I see A LOT of parallels between all these people connected to cops with their entitled invincibility in Canton, Ma and the way the Murdaugh family behaved in SC. The rampant drinking and underage partying is striking. All led by adults in power. " Don't worry Sonny, I'll get you out of any trouble you might get into".

How this case made it to trial is puzzling to me.

This. You're entitled to an attorney if you're charged with a crime, but not necessarily a good one. And even if you happen to get a dedicated public defender who believes in you, public defenders have very limited resources at their disposal. The state, on the other hand, has virtually unlimited access to resources. And things like DNA testing and private investigators cost a ton of money. The same is true for your average defense attorney with a shingle.

Read has the money to hire some of the best. If she hadn't, she'd probably felt she had no choice but to take a deal on the lesser charge of manslaughter. It's scary to think how many innocent people are sitting in prison right now simply because they didn't have the means to defend themselves the way Read does.

The bad cops aren't used to defendants with money. They thought they could do or not do whatever they wanted and never be questioned. Good on the citizens of Canton for seeing this so clearly and voting for that audit. And let's hope the FBI is able to share what they're working on soon.

I feel like this post was written by a DailyMail/tabloid copywriter.
I see a lot of unnecessary (and incorrect) descriptors attributed to KR:
  • KR doesn't just take notes, but she "furiously" pens them.
  • Is she not allowed to use a yellow legal notepad? Why? Because she is not a lawyer?
  • KR doesn't read notes regarding evidence, but "she'll flip through" "apparent" evidence.
  • Is KR not allowed to review her own defense documents in court? It insinuates that this finance professor shouldn't be involved in her own legal defense? Trying to say -- "Look at her, trying to be a know-it-all"?
  • Is this woman not staying in her own lane??? The horror!! How dare she?

I don't know who Traconis is, I'll have to look them up.

Dude, I watched the video. Twice.
She flipped her hair over her shoulder.
That's it.

These words are problematic:
"busy work"
"hot under-the-collar anger"
"scary face"
"temper"

No evidence to show against KR, so people attack her appearance, her intelligence, and mischaracterize her behavior.
Propaganda 101: don't forget to include a rhyming phrase for extra credit.
I love this post so much.
Beyond brilliant.

You're entitled to an attorney if you're charged with a crime, but not necessarily a good one.
Just a minor point, but you're only entitled to an attorney at government expense if you can't afford one. There's usually some income or asset threshold you have to fall under.

Of course, I guess you could hire a crappy attorney to save money, but if you're that cheap you might as well plead guilty for the free housing and meals!

I believe her health history was brought up during cross by Yanetti, when he was questioning one of the paramedics who took her in for the Section call. They needed some sort of PMH. Most assuredly, he had permission from KR to speak of this.

I am still just floored how this trial has turned into defending the Alberts. It's like a Reality Show....but not. It's a sad state of our current judicial systems.

MA residents, I believe you need some serious overhauling.
MOO
It’s like if Jerseylicious, Jersey Shore and RHONJ had a baby born and raised in Mass.

Just a minor point, but you're only entitled to an attorney at government expense if you can't afford one. There's usually some income or asset threshold you have to fall under.
Yes. My point is a broader one. Everyone is entitled to an attorney. But good ones with experience and resources are expensive.

Collin testified today that he scraped his knuckles when he fell on ice and slid. When a person falls, arms are extended to protect the body with hands outstretched palm down. Part of the reason is that hands will break the fall and protect more vital organs like the head and torso from trauma. Second, the hands can grasp something that will protect the body from further trauma such as from sliding, tumbling, etc which would prevent more damage. If Colin had fallen and his hand was in a fist, his fingers would be injured as well. There’s no way that his hand was fisted and hyperflexed. Try it. Further, if he’s right handed, why would he be carrying something in his left hand. Makes no sense to me. He’s lying.

Collin testified today that he scraped his knuckles when he fell on ice and slid. When a person falls, arms are extended to protect the body with hands outstretched palm down. Part of the reason is that hands will break the fall and protect more vital organs like the head and torso from trauma. Second, the hands can grasp something that will protect the body from further trauma such as from sliding, tumbling, etc which would prevent more damage. If Colin had fallen and his hand was in a fist, his fingers would be injured as well. There’s no way that his hand was fisted and hyperflexed. Try it. Further, if he’s right handed, why would he be carrying something in his left hand. Makes no sense to me. He’s lying.

You don't need a biomechanical expert here to prove it's impossible and that Colin "Bang Bang" Albert is a liar.

I saw a post on Twitter earlier that said it's clear the entire Albert clan suffers from "lie-abetes".

I’ve slipped on ice many times in my life and have scraped up my palms and knees pretty well doing so. Never my knuckles like in that photo. Just the thought of falling straight down on my knuckles and smashing them against the pavement makes me wince. You’d think that kind of impact would result in more serious injuries like broken bones, not just scrapes.

I need an animated video of everyone's drive bys, arrivals, and departures.
It would honestly help me, as a juror.
If we went by their own testimonies, people and cars would be bumping into each other, superimposed in multiple places during the same time (12:10 anyone?), some floating around, some pacing like NPCs, glitching, things would appear and disappear randomly… honestly I think whatever program they’d use to recreate would just seize and crash.
Just picture Riblox or Minecraft movements played by a newbie.

My oldest GD toured Boston U during Spring break in case she's not accepted at Harvard, her first choice. I hold intelligent women in high regard. I do not tolerate liars very well. If that means disdain for Read, so be it.

I stand with the thin blue line. There is no bullying here. It is distasteful that so many defend a cop killer because they think over 24 people are involved a twisted conspiracy to frame Karen Read for John O'Keefe's murder.

IMO MOO
Oh wow.
So, you must be really conflicted in this case. I can only imagine how hard it must be to watch this trial since pointing out you stand strong with the thin blue line while not tolerating liars very well.

I’ve slipped on ice many times in my life and have scraped up my palms and knees pretty well doing so. Never my knuckles like in that photo. Just the thought of falling straight down on my knuckles and smashing them against the pavement makes me wince. You’d think that kind of impact would result in more serious injuries like broken bones, not just scrapes.

Do a google image search of " Knuckle Bruising from a heavy bag" The images are very similar. They are also very similar to punching just about anything. Now do the same with " Knuckle Bruising from falling down".

VERY different results. So what was it? Did he bruise them from punching something or from falling down? They can't be both. If you were getting your "carido work" in why wouldn't there be bruises on your other hand? Even IF they were a lighter shade because you're using your non-dominant hand there would be some light coloration. Ya know, because you're such a bad *advertiser censored* punching a heavy bag without any wrapping. Also if you go into some boxing injuries you'll find that knuckle bruises take a long time to heal.

Just saying.

If we went by their own testimonies, people and cars would be bumping into each other, superimposed in multiple places during the same time (12:10 anyone?), some floating around, some pacing like NPCs, glitching, things would appear and disappear randomly… honestly I think whatever program they’d use to recreate would just seize and crash.
Just picture Riblox or Minecraft movements played by a newbie.

There's a white Jeep!
Where? I didn't see one
There's Read's car.
She's sitting alone. Hands at 10 and 2.
No - there's a man with her in the passenger seat
He must be sitting there. There's a dome light on.
No. I don't see a dome light.
Black blob - on the lawn! Nah, not worth mentioning, but someday I'll probably tell someone it was man-sized. Man, I'm drunk.
Are you sure? Didn't see it when I looked at Karen's car near the flag pole. But I was only looking at her car. Not blobs, so of course I didn't see it. Black blobs are hard to see in the snow.
Look at the weird wavy lines in the snow.
Don't see anything. Looking at my shoes, or the sky, or how nice the white Jeep is.
What white Jeep? Never saw one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member