MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

Jen McCabe says she'd known O'Keefe for about 10 years, ever since his sister and brother-in-law died
and he moved in to take care of his niece and nephew. "He was my friend. I loved John," she says.

I enjoyed Miss Read. I thought she was someone very easy to talk to, McCabe says.
Says they talked about both have MS.

12:24 PM · May 17, 2024

@BienickWCVB

Five minutes later, the jury is back.

Yannetti reads more texts from McCabe: Ask Chris to ask some questions. Tell them the guy never went in the house.

Yannetti: Was that you talking about how you should all get your stories straight?
McCabe: "John never went in the house. It’s not a story. It’s a fact."

Yannetti concludes 2.5 hours of cross-examination of Matt McCabe.

Redirect questioning from Lally: Did you ever tell anyone what to say to police?
McCabe: No.

12:24 PM · May 17, 2024

@JHall7news

Jen McCabe also testifies Karen had wanted to go back to the pizza shop and get some food. She asked repeatedly. Others said no due to a weight loss challenge.

They left the waterfall to go to Brian Alberts. Jen spoke to Karen about heading back to Fairview for the party. She went to her car, saw them head toward Jen's car.

12:36 PM · May 17, 2024

@BienickWCVB

McCabe says Brian Albert suggested they go back to his house. Says she told O'Keefe and Read, "Oh you guys should come." Says they both wanted to come.

McCabe says while in the car, she called O'Keefe to give directions. He called back and she instructed him to "go past Bella's street."

McCabe says Read repeatedly talked about wanting to go get pizza at D&E. Others did not.

12:40 PM · May 17, 2024

Not especially fond of this Judge. Lally makes objections and does not state what the objection is and she immediately sustains his objections. Why are some of the text "bubbles" not coming in?
Can she hear him? He whispers. moo
Agree with text "bubbles" need to be disclosed.
moo

@BienickWCVB

McCabe says Bella's mother and O'Keefe "had dated briefly years before."

McCabe says she never saw O'Keefe come in the house. Her nephew said there was another car outside. She went to front door, saw Read's SUV, and texted O'Keefe.

During a sidebar, McCabe stares straight ahead. Read stares at the lawyers at the bench. They seem to be avoiding eye contact.

12:59 PM · May 17, 2024

..AND I listened and watched super hard and nothing. PLEASE ask what happened after she texted him that at 2:00 when they resume, immediately. My eyes popped out when JMc mentioned that JO had briefly dated 'Bella's mother, when she was giving description/landmark to the Alberts house. Bella is a close friend of JO's niece.

The more posts I read here, the more confusted I get. It looks like they are all lying. Those knuckle injuries do not look like consistent with falling on ice. No I never boxed, yes I box for cardio.
I think witnesses (across the board) could be more articulate in their responses - but they are just human and they also are aware they are being cross-examined by someone who is not for them... and in some cases is trying to lead a jury to think they are a murderer or involved in a murder conspiracy. Again, they are just humans.

But, try it like this... getting on a treadmill does not make one a "runner." Doing a bench press does not make one a "weight lifter." Playing pick up basketball in the park does not make one a "basketball player."

In my younger days, among various things I'd do at the gym, I would punch a bag from time to time and even simulate rounds of boxing. I never had a single minute of formal training, never fought anyone in a ring or elsewhere, and never in my life have I told anyone I'm a "boxer" or that I "box."

I think witnesses (across the board) could be more articulate in their responses - but they are just human and they also are aware they are being cross-examined by someone who is not for them... and in some cases is trying to lead a jury to think they are a murderer or involved in a murder conspiracy. Again, they are just humans.

But, try it like this... getting on a treadmill does not make one a "runner." Doing a bench press does not make one a "weight lifter." Playing pick up basketball in the park does not make one a "basketball player."

In my younger days, among various things I'd do at the gym, I would punch a bag from time to time and even simulate rounds of boxing. I never had a single minute of formal training, never fought anyone in a ring or elsewhere, and never in my life have I told anyone I'm a "boxer" or that I "box."
I did kickboxing classes for close to 5 years and would always wear wraps. Trained by one of the best taekwondo teachers around town. However, just because his (Cmc) knuckles were messed up does not mean he got in a fight with JOK. Though, why lie about how you got those injuries on your knuckles? Is it because he knew the finger would be pointed at him? Is everyone in that town scared? If so, of what, and why?

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member