MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been following day to day but saw the Lawyer You Know video on the Colin kid about the bruised knuckles (talk about extreme reaching by defense) and just saw this on X. By the way, LYK’s coverage has proven to be a disappointment - he seems to be just pandering to the audience purely for clicks and engagement. Very sad. As I predicted, defense is losing all credibility. This is so bad! By the time it gets to the defense case in chief the jury will be so turned off.

In general, I think we need to be careful of reporting from non-mainstream sources that does nothing but confirm our biases.

Even in open-and-shut cases where someone has killed their entire family or even in trials with serial killers I haven't really ever heard of jurors "glaring" at the defendant and their attorneys. That tweet has a very "And Then The Whole Bus Clapped" type vibe.

There are also similar fantasy posts from the Free Karen Read supporters. I remember reading one where the FBI is just waiting for the prosecution to finish their case to catch everyone lying, then they're going to rush in and arrest all the Alberts and McCabes and all the cops. Oh and they'll arrest the DA and judge too.

I don't believe that one either.

I think KR is very insecure and jealous. The kiss that KR reported to be to one of the Sullivan sisters was refuted by JO as being a hug hello and for planning the trip. KR may have assumed a kiss if feeling insecure. The fact that JO did not make it home to KR leads me to conclude that KR in no way could have known that she hit someone with her vehicle if she jumped to the conclusion that he may be over someone else's home cheating on her.
Oh she is. I think she wasn't sure about maybe hitting JO till she saw him.

Why don't they respond with "I didn't see" whomever like most people would say and not a definitive they "were not in the house". How do they know that people were not downstairs? Just seems odd to me.
You're right, much more natural thing to think and say.

Then there is the silencing of even mentioning Colin A at the Albert home. For a pretty lengthy time. He was protected, coddled and secreted away. Phones were wiped, messages deleted etc. Everyone collectively said Colin left at 12:10 am, when finally cornered. They didn't actually see him leave tho. Coercion? You betcha
That is all very suspect. I get protecting your kids, but not to the extent of jeopardizing someone else's freedom.

One of the things she was saying per JMc was 'we got in a fight'..is he seeing Ashley (Bella's mother: He had dated her while back, KR asked would he be there? KR heard JMc tell JO directions on the ride over that house is past Bella's street. Bella is a close friend of his nieces. (in case you didn't see today's testimony.. INTENSE.
I haven't seen JMc's testimony yet. I'll catch up later. I am curious what JO was wearing and what kind of nails she had back then and what arm is scratched (looks like the right arm from the pic I found online).

In general, I think we need to be careful of reporting from non-mainstream sources that does nothing but confirm our biases.

Even in open-and-shut cases where someone has killed their entire family or even in trials with serial killers I haven't really ever heard of jurors "glaring" at the defendant and their attorneys. That tweet has a very "And Then The Whole Bus Clapped" type vibe.

There are also similar fantasy posts from the Free Karen Read supporters. I remember reading one where the FBI is just waiting for the prosecution to finish their case to catch everyone lying, then they're going to rush in and arrest all the Alberts and McCabes and all the cops. Oh and they'll arrest the DA and judge too.

We also need to be careful about promoting the idea of a conspiracy theory when there is no proof of

It’s a local radio station providing coverage on the trial. He says he had sources inside the courtroom. It’s up to the mods if they want to remove it. I was mainly appalled by the witness’ description, demeanor and distress over the harassment she suffered by Karen Read supporters. It’s disgraceful what this trial has turned into inside the courtroom and in the public discourse. It’s disturbing that this kind of behavior is being cheered on and completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories are being advanced in such a full-throated manner. It’s really disappointing to see this play out.

JMO

my money is on colin.
ONE thing is wouldn't that dog go nuts barking due to JUST someone barging into the closed door room? THAT raised my brows for sure I must say. CHLOE would of recognized J but NOT at the initial barging in and yelling, it would set any dog off.
I went towards Colin, as a pumped up fool but might be nervous due to shady other things that perrrhaps JO had a 'word' to him about. JO had reported 'drug activity' in that neighborhood. He heard that from someone, maybe his niece. Don't know what the Beatty girl was to be a witness for and JMc was to have said .. instead of opening your mouth. Beatty being harassed by McAlbers was the word. Hopefully we'll hear more. I'd not be surprised now when it's come to me about your Colin bet, that it's a motive. JO/Colin..drugs. The turns out later drive around with Cailey than they both said till the time device showed Cailey drove further and later after she picked him up. ANOTHER THING, lots of hard seeming, to me, drinking going on with all these SPORTS people and coaches.. JMc..COLIN.. My comment about the dog going nuts barking, I mean I'd think for sure JMc remember that noise in the background of the waking up sister/husb in the bedroom.

Last edited:
I haven't seen JMc's testimony yet. I'll catch up later. I am curious what JO was wearing and what kind of nails she had back then and what arm is scratched (looks like the right arm from the pic I found online).
Maybe grabbing at him to keep him from getting out of car at that last parking area where he was found?

@JHall7news

McCabe testifies she heard Karen tell an EMT "I hit him." Says she did not offer the qualifyer "I think I hit him."She talks about waking up her sister and Brian Albert inside the house. Police had asked her to wake them. She doesn't recall if Chloe the dog was in the room.

3:39 PM · May 17, 2024
Police are investigating a dead guy on the lawn, but they ask Jen McCabe to wake up the people inside the house?

Huh?

Amazing how so many people were looking out the same door at the same time.
This makes me wonder if while everyone was towards the front of the house with their attention drawn more towards the front window and door if JO had actually made his way to the back of the house and was going to enter through the kitchen area? Maybe JO got out of the car earlier, like when KR pulled up and stopped first time and was more behind the driveway or the mailbox and then someone outside met him there and led him through the fence and the backyard? There is also a deck area back there too that I think he could have made entry through if someone inside would let him?

KR could have pulled up to the flag pole after letting him out just to wait and see if he got in, not knowing he was going through the back, or if he was coming back to the car.

Just speculation and my own opinion

You need to provide a source for this, please.

The trial is being streamed live on multiple sources. Every minute of it.

And did you mean “the press doesn’t show the prosecution’s exhibits?”
I mean, "I work the whole day long, and evening is my reading time. And whatever I Google, I end up with the defense's portion. Even if I word: "prosecurion" or "testimony", I get only "cross-examination.""

We also need to be careful about promoting the idea of a conspiracy theory when there is no proof of

I'm not sure if this is aimed at me in particular. But I've said since before the trial began that I have trouble believing both the prosecution's version of events as well as the defense's accusations of a conspiracy.

None of the testimony I've heard over these last three weeks of testimony has made me change my mind.

There’s definitely a pro defense/pro conspiracy theory bias in the media around this case. I already noted Lawyer You Know who has jumped on that bandwagon. This is certainly not a new phenomenon. My cynical take on this phenomenon is that it is primarily done to produce more drama aka more clicks and engagement. It’s fine to believe the prosecution can’t prove this case BARD but to go along with this drum beat of conspiracy theory and generate so much speculative content is so irresponsible. The victim has been all but forgotten and this whole group of people are being victimized on top of dealing with the grief and shock of John’s death. I was really disturbed by Ms. McCabe’s distress on the stand. It is unconscionable and I’m glad the state has taken action against the individuals instigating that kind of behavior.

JMO

I’ve seen a few mentions of a white jeep with a snow plow on it belonging to Brian Higgins parked in front of the house. The corner of a snow plow could very well cause a deep hash in the back of someone’s head. It could, presumably, be capable of the scratches on his arm.

I’m not saying BH, CA, or KR were or weren’t involved. Only that it is a very obvious choice to have caused such injuries. And as was testified to, was parked in close proximity to where KR parked on the street.

There may very well be a scenario where this vehicle and the plow attachment come into play. Either accidentally or intentionally.

I’ve thought of a few scenarios that would apply to both sides of the case.

I learned through testimony today, that KR must be guilty because.....

She didn't take her boots off, when she ran into JOK's home to look for him. But, JMC and Kerry Roberts did.

Way to score the big one there, Lally !

:rolleyes:
I must of missed that but I do get your must be guilty bit and why.

I have a dumb question.
This entire time I assumed KR dropped off JO and then went to JO's house and fell asleep.

Did KR actually drive to her own home after dropping off JO?

Either way, I understand waking up in a panic because your boyfriend, who would never leave his kids alone overnight, hasn't come home yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member