MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson - You testified that my client said “I hit him”You testified Anthony heard #KarenRead said “I hit him”Jackson says we see #KarenRead being questioned, are you in the frame?Flematti: No

Note that I’m paraphrasing.Jackson is a much quicker questioner than Lally.

Did you tell anyone at the hospital that she said “I hit him”I told them there was a question about whether he was hit by a vehicle.Have you ever said that before?I wasn’t asked that question.Jackson establishing the importance of the report.

Jackson asking Flematti to point out in his report where he indicated OKeefe might have been hit by a car, that #KarenRead said “I hit him “.Flematti acknowledges it not on the report.Jackson finishes.Lally is back up.

@SueNBCBoston

The defense seems to want Flematti to say that he was doing CPR the whole time and never had time to talk with Read. On re-direct from prosecution, Flematti says he heard the "I hit him" while on his way to the body.
11:24 AM · May 2, 2024

Flematti is excused. Next witness is Matthew Kelly, the Canton paramedic who was driving the ambulance as they went to 34 Fairview Road.
11:26 AM · May 2, 2024

@BienickWCVB

Reflecting on Jackson’s cross of Flematti…Flematti filled out reports, and gave grand jury testimony, and testified today.Jackson showed him a split screen of 2 dashcam vids from the scenes, that were continuously recording.Flematti says he’d never seen videos before.

Jackson kept asking Flematti to confirm who was doing what in video.Flematti testified he couldn’t recognize some individuals in video. And couldn’t tell or remember where he was at the scene in answer to some questions.

In short, his prior testimony didn’t match the tick tock of the dashcam videos.Is that enough for jurors to question his testimony about interviewing #KarenRead at the scene?

@SueNBCBoston

Lally showing Fairview on screen. Kelly confirms. Kelly using laser pointer to show where he found OKeefe Lally done. Sidebar: Judge directs jurors to stand and stretch their legs. Most do.

As defense returns to table, Karen looks over shoulder and smiles at people seated behind her, then shares a laugh with Jackson. Yannetti up for cross.Asking about clothing. Kelly confirms clothing and lost shoe. Confirms trauma shears used to remove clothing.

When were the trauma shears were used? In the ambulance. Why were you removing clothes? To look for injuries. Do you recall who used them? No Sweatshirt jeans or both cut? I don’t recall Where did the clothes go? Some of the stretcher some on the floor.

Yannetti asking about transfer of clothing. Kelly doesn’t recall who brought the clothing in, where the clothing went. Doesn’t recall seeing the clothing on the floor in treatment room.

Court will continue for a bit more, half day today, but I have to move on to another assignment.You can watch the trial at @NBC10Boston digital & streaming channels & @NECN I’ll be back with a wrap up later today.

@SueNBCBoston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member